One thing got me a bit disapointed
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

tsmith675
Gondor

Jul 29 2014, 3:06pm

Post #26 of 37 (300 views)
Shortcut
I definitely didn't think it looked fake. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank God for my inability to tell what's CG and what isn't unless it's painfully obvious.

Our destiny lies above us.

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 29 2014, 3:21pm

Post #27 of 37 (268 views)
Shortcut
Hear hear! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Brandybuckled
Lorien

Jul 29 2014, 3:52pm

Post #28 of 37 (264 views)
Shortcut
Gotta build interest for the upcoming theme park rides! [In reply to] Can't Post

I only hope the theme park includes a pub where I can order from Bilbo's pantry (or an elvish feast) along with some good ale.

... just as long as doesn't all taste like cram.

NAArP: Not An Ardent purist since Arda was dented

adt100
Rohan

Jul 29 2014, 3:54pm

Post #29 of 37 (258 views)
Shortcut
I think it looked fine... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's all too easy to jump in and say 'too much cgi' or 'that cgi doesn't look right', but objectively I think even though not all we see in the trailer might not be 'final' it still looks as good a standard and better than LOTR. Bear in mind we are looking at full screen,HD versions of the trailer and scouring over the images often in slow motion and screencaps. Even 'real' physical action can have it's issues at that level of scrutiny. I was incredibly impressed at how it looked already.

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 29 2014, 3:55pm

Post #30 of 37 (254 views)
Shortcut
That it does [In reply to] Can't Post

I hoped it would being such a wonderful trailer to a series many of us love but I was a little worried that it would get nitpicked to death.

As far as the cart scene it looked cool. I don't know anymore than anyone else but I think it should be fun to watch.

Guert
Rivendell

Jul 29 2014, 4:02pm

Post #31 of 37 (247 views)
Shortcut
When it comes to me [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't complain about the CGI or the fact that it may or may not look fake, but mostly about the purpose of the scene, the reason why we will have probably another OTT action sequence like in the previous 2 movies.

And like I said, I'm speaking now out of excitment, I want to talk about it with other people that feel probably like I do :)

I love reading your opinions guys !!!

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 29 2014, 4:14pm

Post #32 of 37 (239 views)
Shortcut
I expect the scene to be fun [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think it will be OTT but that line varies it seems. After seeing it in the trailer I want to see more of that sequence and what happens.

tsmith675
Gondor

Jul 29 2014, 4:23pm

Post #33 of 37 (233 views)
Shortcut
Agree. It felt like a very serious scene. [In reply to] Can't Post

That's the way I read it, anyway. I'm excited to see it in context.

Our destiny lies above us.

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 29 2014, 4:33pm

Post #34 of 37 (222 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm thinking the way this movie is going to go it will be a pretty serious side of The Hobbit story.

wonderinglinguist
Lorien

Jul 29 2014, 5:13pm

Post #35 of 37 (214 views)
Shortcut
I wish I was more like that [In reply to] Can't Post

but my eyes can usually tell when there's CGI. It just looks like a video game to me and throws me out of the moment Unsure At least in the trailer it was obvious enough for me to have that gut reaction, but as some have said, it may get "cleaned up" more before the film is released. Smile

Keep smiling! Smile

"Do not spoil the wonder with haste!" Tolkien

"Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth." Satre

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Jul 29 2014, 5:33pm

Post #36 of 37 (210 views)
Shortcut
It's more in how things move [In reply to] Can't Post

and the impossibility of the camera moves that jump out at me. But there's also that plasticy sheen that the all cgi shots have that just doesn't feel right. Again, i'm all for cgi when it's used well (i've been fascinated by all visual effects since i was a kid), and a lot of the stuff in the Hobbit films looks great, especially the environments. But when it starts getting over-used, and too many characters or action scenes are 100% digital, the films begin to be less grounded in a believable reality, and feel "off" somehow, to the point where it seems like i've left Middle-earth and entered the world of Tin-Tin.

Aitieuriskon
Lorien

Jul 29 2014, 7:07pm

Post #37 of 37 (179 views)
Shortcut
the River Running [In reply to] Can't Post

It flows from the area around Erebor's entrance through Dale to the Long Lake.

If the northern end of the Long Lake was covered in ice-floes in DoS, it makes some sense that this small river could be frozen over a few weeks later. Then again, we saw freely-flowing water on the mountain as the dwarves searched for the hidden door, so there is certainly still some inconsistency which I'll just accept/ignore! Smile

"After all, I believe that legends and myths are largely made of 'truth', and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear." Professor Tolkien, 1951

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.