The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
**Fellowship of the Ring 60th Anniversary DRABBLE GAME**

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 29 2014, 1:21pm

Post #1 of 7 (393 views)
Shortcut
**Fellowship of the Ring 60th Anniversary DRABBLE GAME** Can't Post

In celebration of The Fellowship of the Ring's 60th Anniversary, this is a challenge for you to DRABBLE! You may do as many DRABBLES as you like, BUT it must be in the theme of The Fellowship of the Ring :)

What is a DRABBLE?
A drabble is an extremely short work of fiction of exactly one hundred words in length, not including the title. The purpose of the drabble is brevity, testing the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.
The concept is said to have originated in UK science fiction fandom in the 1980s. Drabble was described as a word game where the first to write a novel was the winner. In order to make the game possible in the real world, it was agreed that 100 words would suffice.

EXAMPLE: Here is one I did about Frodo and Gandalf

Frodo's last summer before the Quest 6/21/09
In the fine weather, Frodo forgot his troubles for a while. The Shire had seldom seen so fair a summer..." He always enjoyed Gandalf's company and was quite pleased when his good friend showed no signs of leaving. Even though there were whisperings and side-long glances at the wizard from the villagers when they passed along the roads together, Frodo and Gandalf would take pleasure in pleasant conversations while sitting and smoking, frequent and plentiful meals, and long peaceful walks. Still, Frodo couldn't help noticing Sam seemed more attentive that usual on Bag End's gardens and flowers along the walls.
YOUR TURN! :)

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 29 2014, 1:48pm

Post #2 of 7 (313 views)
Shortcut
A Creeping Fear [In reply to] Can't Post

A single candle was burning on a table in the kitchen at Crickhollow, its joyless gleam dancing on Fatty Bolger's restless face as he sat there waiting. The fire had withered down to a handful of glowing embers. Silence, dark and baleful, lay heavy upon the house. It was long past midnight. The thirtieth of September had begun. It had been nearly four days since Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin had set out. Fear had been growing on him all day. Suddenly, driven by a strange presage, he rose. Slowly, he stepped into the hall and turned towards the door.

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jul 29 2014, 4:46pm

Post #3 of 7 (301 views)
Shortcut
At The Pony [In reply to] Can't Post

“Moment, moment!” cried Butterbur as he began to refill several mugs. “First things first, as they say! Hoy there! Coming, coming!”
The Hobbits stood in awe as the rotund figure sashayed hither and yon with a smooth long-practiced swiftness throughout the common room. In a dark corner a shadowy evil-looking stranger raised a dim hand and got his due fill.
At last the bustling innkeeper returned, “Well now, four Hobbits it is I see; and from the Shire from the sound of them. And you’ll be wanting food and rest I’ll warrant. “Yes, if available.” said Frodo.

Cuio i Pheriain anann! Aglar'ni Pheriannath!

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 29 2014, 4:59pm

Post #4 of 7 (298 views)
Shortcut
Oldie... [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

"We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true."
-Robert Wilensky

weaver
Half-elven

Jul 29 2014, 6:53pm

Post #5 of 7 (295 views)
Shortcut
I'm all creative-d out, but here goes... [In reply to] Can't Post

A long time ago in a Shire far, far away there lived the bravest little hobbit of them all. Leonard Nimoy called him Bilbo, but we all know it was really Frodo. He did not riddle with a dragon, but he did make it all the way to Mt. Doom. He lost the One Ring and himself along the way, but he got to take a nice boat ride at the end. And Sam, the next bravest little hobbit of them all, who went with him, got a wonderful wife, 13 kids, and Frodo's house. The end.

Very lame, but my brain is done for the day I think!

Weaver

Loresilme
Valinor

Aug 3 2014, 1:05pm

Post #6 of 7 (286 views)
Shortcut
Applause!! Applause!! [In reply to] Can't Post

You guys are awesome!! I can't even *think* of anything nearly as great.

*BOWS DEEPLY*

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 9 2014, 8:21pm

Post #7 of 7 (290 views)
Shortcut
Thank you so much, everyone :) [In reply to] Can't Post

What a brilliant bunch you are!!!! :D

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.