Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
***Guess the Phrase Game: The Fellowship of the Ring Edition***

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 29, 7:39am

Views: 539
Shortcut
***Guess the Phrase Game: The Fellowship of the Ring Edition*** Can't Post

For the celebration of the 60th Anniversary since the publication of The Fellowship of the Ring, please enjoy a special round of Guess the Phrase game. All of the riddles relate to the book.

The usual rules and how to play are below, but you can find previous games here, here and here if you want to try out some others first.

The rules:

The aim of the game is to guess the character, location/place, chapter title, or part of a well known sentence/poem, from the picture riddles. Some of them are (very) easy - you just have to literally take the pictures as the actual words (see example below). Some of the riddles require thinking outside of the box, or having an imagination (adding “ing” onto the end of words, for instance). Likewise, the riddles do not contain common words like: the, of, and, a, to, are ... and so on, so bare this in my mind.

I have tried to make them so that if you can guess at least half of the pictures, you should be able to deduct the rest. You may need your book handy for the more difficult ones.

Here is an example (in case all of the above has just gone “whoosh” over your head):

Answer below
Reading this literally, one would get | BARRELS | OUT | (james) BOND |. After a bit of thinking, you will eventually get “Barrels Out of Bond”, which, as we all know, is a chapter in The Hobbit.

There will be 3 posts after this with 17 riddles in total. Remember, enjoy and use your imagination!

Smile

Subject User Time
***Guess the Phrase Game: The Fellowship of the Ring Edition*** DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 29, 7:39am
    ROUND 1 DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 29, 7:41am
        Bear in mind that it's really late here :P Here goes. .. zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jul 29, 8:58am
            #4 hit me while I was trying to get to sleep zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jul 29, 10:03am
        My answers BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Jul 29, 9:53am
            No. 7 BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Jul 29, 9:55am
        Let's try... Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Jul 29, 4:39pm
        Oh, I love these, thanks! weaver Send a private message to weaver Jul 29, 6:24pm
            Love your answers! LOL! // zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jul 30, 1:00am
        Stopping in during lunch to try one! Ainu Laire Send a private message to Ainu Laire Jul 29, 8:28pm
        Answers Round 1 Kim Send a private message to Kim Jul 30, 3:42am
        These are so cool! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 30, 2:46pm
        Here goes... Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Jul 30, 11:12pm
    ROUND 2 DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 29, 7:43am
        I think I have all but one of these zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jul 29, 9:03am
            Way off on 9 zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jul 30, 12:57am
        Hmm.. Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Jul 29, 4:41pm
        Uh oh... weaver Send a private message to weaver Jul 29, 6:27pm
        4/6 certainly. Ainu Laire Send a private message to Ainu Laire Jul 29, 8:32pm
        These seem doable SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Jul 30, 12:58am
        Answers Round 2 Kim Send a private message to Kim Jul 30, 3:44am
        Okay... I was better with these :) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 30, 4:35pm
        Hmm... Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Jul 30, 11:15pm
    ROUND 3 DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 29, 7:45am
        Hmmm zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jul 29, 9:13am
        Movin' on... Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Jul 29, 4:43pm
        oh dear... weaver Send a private message to weaver Jul 29, 6:33pm
        4/5! Ainu Laire Send a private message to Ainu Laire Jul 29, 8:35pm
        Hmmm SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Jul 30, 1:10am
        Answers Round 3 Kim Send a private message to Kim Jul 30, 3:46am
        Tripped and fell on a couple of them grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 30, 4:34pm
        Giving Round 3 a try... Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Jul 30, 11:26pm
    What a fun idea, thanks DanielLB Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Jul 29, 11:31am
    Answers, results and prizes! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 1, 6:23am
        AHA! Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Aug 1, 7:09am
        Yay! BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Aug 1, 9:17am
        Thank you Sir! SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Aug 1, 4:11pm
        So, I have a question Kim Send a private message to Kim Aug 2, 4:34am
            Tricksy! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 2, 7:15am
        Thanks for the great game, Daniel!! Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Aug 3, 7:10pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.