The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
FELLOWSHIP of the RING - Anniversary - Mad Libs game
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jul 30 2014, 12:58pm

Post #76 of 99 (1707 views)
Shortcut
I think I need a #53 - verb. Here's Part One of four completed . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

‘Queer things you do hear these days, to be sure,’ said Winston Churchill.
‘Fiddlesticks!,’ said Ted, ‘you do, if you listen. But I can hear fireside-tales and pillow stories at the Eiffel Tower , if I want to.’
‘No doubt you can’ cried Sam, ‘and I daresay there’s more sombreros in some of them than you reckon. Who invented the rotary whisk anyway? Take slinkies now.’
‘No thank ‘ee,’ said Alan Lee. ‘I won’t. I heard tell of The Rolling Stones when I was a duckling, but there’s no call to believe in them now. There’s only one fanny pack in Bywater, and that’s fluffy’ he said, swishing a general laugh.

[Please pardon, I have taken some minor liberties with a few entries, ie past tense - present tense, singular - plural etc. just in attempt to make things flow. Thag you!]

Cuio i Pheriain anann! Aglar'ni Pheriannath!

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Jul 30 2014, 1:01pm

Post #77 of 99 (1702 views)
Shortcut
53. Lampoon // [In reply to] Can't Post

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jul 30 2014, 1:19pm

Post #78 of 99 (1721 views)
Shortcut
Thank you all - Here's the whole roundup. . . [In reply to] Can't Post

‘Queer things you do hear these days, to be sure,’ said Winston Churchill.
‘Fiddlesticks!,’ said Ted, ‘you do, if you listen. But I can hear fireside-tales and pillow stories at the Eiffel Tower , if I want to.’
‘No doubt you can’ cried Sam, ‘and I daresay there’s more sombreros in some of them than you reckon. Who invented the rotary whisk anyway? Take slinkies now.’
‘No thank ‘ee,’ said Alan Lee. ‘I won’t. I heard tell of The Rolling Stones when I was a duckling, but there’s no call to believe in them now. There’s only one fanny pack in Bywater, and that’s fluffy’ he said, swishing a general laugh.

Jinkies! , I have sometimes thought of curling away, but I imagined that as a kind of marshmellow peep, a series of adventures like Bilbo’s or Peewee Herman's , ending in Boston. But this would mean exile, a flight from danger into Lichtenstein, drawing it after me. And I suppose I must hyperventilate alone, if I am to do that and jitterbug the Shire. But I feel very small, and very uprooted, and – well – merry. The art forger is merely strong and terrible.’
He did not tell Gandalf, but as he was finger painting a great desire to follow Bilbo flamed up in his cheek - to follow Bilbo, and even perhaps to find Carl Philipp Emmanuel Bach again. It was so strong that it finished his fear: he could almost have run out there and then down the road without his Troll doll, as David Livingstone had done on a similar morning long ago.

‘Zooks!’ said a strange raccoon behind him. Frodo hiccuped and saw Strider and yet not Strider, for the weatherworn door-to-door encyclopedia salesman was no longer there. In the stern sat Babe Ruth son of Kurt Vonnegut , proud and erect, guiding the defibrillator with skilful strokes, his hood was cast back, and his dark hair was dancing in the wind, a hypotenuse was in his eyes: a king returning from exile to his own land.
‘Woohoo!’ he said. ‘Long have I fuddled to look upon the likenesses of Dr. Wictor Frankenstein and Andy Warhol , my sires of old. Under their shadow Elessar, the chimney sweep son of Arathorn of the Chicken Coop of Valandil Isildir’s son, heir of Elendil, has dens of foxes to dread.’
Then the light of his eyes faded, and he laughed to himself: ‘Would that Gandalf were here! How my heart saunters for Minas Anor and the walls of my own hospital ! But whither now shall I go?’

‘So all my kung pao chicken is spoilt!’ said Frodo. ‘It is no good trying to escape Big Ben . But I’m lampooned , Sam. I cannot tell you how flabbergasted . Zoiks! It is plain that we were meant to go together. We will stumble on, and may the guinea pigs find a safe Ferrari ! Thomas Aquinas will look after them. I don’t suppose we shall see the cats again.’
‘Yet we may, Mr. Frodo. We may,’ said Sam.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 30 2014, 1:59pm

Post #79 of 99 (1701 views)
Shortcut
Oh my... [In reply to] Can't Post

These made me laugh inappropriately loud. Laugh Thanks for the fun, Bracegirdle!

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 30 2014, 4:54pm

Post #80 of 99 (1697 views)
Shortcut
AWESOME!!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

OMG! It's got a whole new meaning to it now :D One of my favourite moments... and now it's got a whole new level to it!

Thanks so much, Bracegirdle! That was BRILLIANT!!! *massive applause*

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jul 30 2014, 5:47pm

Post #81 of 99 (1691 views)
Shortcut
And a great BIG . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you to everyone for supplying the hilarity.

I just filled in the blanks. I'm happy (and a bit surprised) it turned out as well as it did!SmileSmileSmile

Cheers to all!!

noWizardme
Half-elven

Jul 30 2014, 7:24pm

Post #82 of 99 (1685 views)
Shortcut
"There’s only one fanny pack in Bywater, and that’s fluffy’" - surreal, man // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~

"nowimë I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "
Or "Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!"

This year LOTR turns 60. The following image is my LOTR 60th anniversary party footer! You can get yours here: http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=762154#762154

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jul 30 2014, 9:59pm

Post #83 of 99 (1678 views)
Shortcut
Here's an idea , , , [In reply to] Can't Post

As there is only one, according to Ted Sandyman (really), let's open up a "Fluffy Fanny Pack" shop in Bywater.

***WizGirdles Fluffy Fanny Pack Emporium***.

All Westfarthing residents could take part in the profits, “butt” would have to buy shares to get in on the "rear end" of this money-maker.
An opportunity of a lifetime - to be one of the first to take advantage of the "bottom" floor of some real coin, people. Wink

(This post was edited by Bracegirdle on Jul 30 2014, 10:02pm)

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Jul 30 2014, 10:16pm

Post #84 of 99 (1673 views)
Shortcut
Now that you mention it, [In reply to] Can't Post

Fluffy Fannypack definitely has a hobbity ring to it Wink

(Now if Master Frodo had just had one, he needn't have worn that cursed chain around his neck. It definitely would have perked up the journey to Mordor!)

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jul 30 2014, 10:25pm

Post #85 of 99 (1670 views)
Shortcut
And The Grey Elf gets discounted shares [In reply to] Can't Post

for coming up with "Fanny Pack" ! Heart

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Jul 30 2014, 10:39pm

Post #86 of 99 (1666 views)
Shortcut
And Brethil, too, [In reply to] Can't Post

Cause it's the fluffiness that makes these packs so exceptional. Angelic

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jul 31 2014, 12:08am

Post #87 of 99 (1671 views)
Shortcut
Yay! This was fun :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, Bracegirdle!

I think my favorite line was "In the stern sat Babe Ruth son of Kurt Vonnegut , proud and erect, guiding the defibrillator with skilful strokes, his hood was cast back, and his dark hair was dancing in the wind, a hypotenuse was in his eyes: a king returning from exile to his own land." Especially the hypotenuse in his eyes Laugh

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jul 31 2014, 12:13am

Post #88 of 99 (1668 views)
Shortcut
Umm...the only thing is [In reply to] Can't Post

Isn't fanny pack, well, the fanny part, considered a rude word in some countries? Shocked Which of course kinda makes it even funnier if no one is too shocked. Laugh And therefore fluffy fanny pack is hilarious. LaughShockedAngelic

(This post was edited by zarabia on Jul 31 2014, 12:14am)

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Jul 31 2014, 12:31am

Post #89 of 99 (1664 views)
Shortcut
Ewwww, you know what's better than a fluffy fanny pack?? [In reply to] Can't Post

A fluffy fanny pack that talks! Laugh

(Daniel, are you following this thread? Wink)

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jul 31 2014, 1:20am

Post #90 of 99 (1661 views)
Shortcut
"Ere, 'oo are you?" said the fluffy fanny pack. [In reply to] Can't Post

"What's a burrahobbit got to do with my fluffy fanny pack, anyways?" said William.

And yes credit to Brethil for the "fluffy" part...

photo TomBertWilliam-1.jpg

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jul 31 2014, 1:32am

Post #91 of 99 (1657 views)
Shortcut
Your welcome zarabia [In reply to] Can't Post

That line did work out especially well.

And it was one of those passages where I had to move the word "hypotenuse" from its original position to have it make some sense. But "all's well as ends well." Smile

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 1 2014, 3:35am

Post #92 of 99 (1642 views)
Shortcut
So that's Aragorn's "secret identity"! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a way to keep track of everything that's happening - simple casual house-visitations! Laugh Great genes, also.

No comment about adventures ending in Boston (says the gal from New England)!

Can I send Alan Lee a slinky?

Frodo should have left the cooking to Sam.Tongue

Great text selections, Bracegirdle! And there's more where those came from...Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Brethil
Half-elven

Aug 1 2014, 3:39am

Post #93 of 99 (1641 views)
Shortcut
Hobbity Fluffy fannypacks... [In reply to] Can't Post

...Just, wow! Laugh
I certainly hope no one has a PeeWee Herman type adventure. This is a family friendly board. Crazy
Whole thing is wonderful fun. CoolCoolCool

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Aug 1 2014, 1:43pm

Post #94 of 99 (1633 views)
Shortcut
And the winners are . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, although there were so many terrific entries, if we HAD to pick winners it seems the consensus would be The Grey Elf for “fanny pack” (noun winner), and Brethil “fluffy” (adjective winner). (Sheer luck that these two words belong together – Naw – there had to be collusion.) Smile

And, no, we’ll not talk about Pee Wee Herman’s Boston adventure. I think he was trying to give Hobbits a bad rap. Mad

And, dernwyn; I don’t have Alan Lee’s address, but you could donate a slinky to The Mathom House, Michel Delving, Westfarthing: ATTN: Will Whitfoot.

(This post was edited by Bracegirdle on Aug 1 2014, 1:44pm)

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Aug 1 2014, 2:17pm

Post #95 of 99 (1636 views)
Shortcut
Winners? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, thanks for the kudos but I never considered this a competitive-style game. For a lib this fun, I'd like to think all contributors -- and hopefully all who enjoyed reading it -- are the winners! And of course, it helps having a savvy Mad Mod, as well. Thanks for pulling this together, Bracegirdle!

... okay, so when does the next one start? Wink

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Aug 1 2014, 4:50pm

Post #96 of 99 (1625 views)
Shortcut
Righto-- [In reply to] Can't Post

There are really no winners in a MadLib.
Kinda tongue-in-cheek really.
Everyone contributed some super stuff.

Next one?...... hmm.......Cool

Brethil
Half-elven

Aug 1 2014, 10:33pm

Post #97 of 99 (1624 views)
Shortcut
You win for putting it together! [In reply to] Can't Post

Such fun! Thanks for the laughs Bracegirdle!

Brethil
Half-elven

Aug 1 2014, 10:36pm

Post #98 of 99 (1627 views)
Shortcut
*****pssst, Grey Elf**** [In reply to] Can't Post

(What words shall we trot out next time? Maybe 'richard's' and 'bathrobe'?)

Move on all. No collusion to see here. Tongue

Kim
Valinor

Aug 1 2014, 11:25pm

Post #99 of 99 (1631 views)
Shortcut
Wait, what? [In reply to] Can't Post

We can do that? Oh the possibilities! Tongue

“Will you follow me, one last time?”

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.