Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The trailer is here!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

Fleuz
Lorien

Jul 28 2014, 8:20pm

Post #101 of 271 (1816 views)
Shortcut
My Guess all the time [In reply to] Can't Post

http://fotogalerie.herr-der-ringe-film.de/.../500/th_se-ost_2.jpg

Kim
Valinor

Jul 28 2014, 8:20pm

Post #102 of 271 (1741 views)
Shortcut
Sending it right back atcha! [In reply to] Can't Post

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! This actually makes me look forward to the movie, it looks so epic, I won't have time to be sad til it's over.Smile HeartHeart

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

shadowdog
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 8:21pm

Post #103 of 271 (1755 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't read LoTRs in a long time. I only remembered them singing Bilbo's song about the road goes ever on and on. Smile

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Jul 28 2014, 8:22pm

Post #104 of 271 (1743 views)
Shortcut
That was amazing. [In reply to] Can't Post

So many exterior and breathtaking shots.Fabulous fabulous.

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 28 2014, 8:23pm

Post #105 of 271 (1794 views)
Shortcut
Goosebumps on third viewing [In reply to] Can't Post

Should we start the countdown for the main trailer?Tongue

Favourite shot: Thranduil softly walking amongst the fallen in the ruined city of Dale.

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Jul 28 2014, 8:23pm

Post #106 of 271 (1731 views)
Shortcut
Great call!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Minus the title change Wink

"Only, you've never done a hard day's work." - Merry

Rickster
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 8:24pm

Post #107 of 271 (1739 views)
Shortcut
agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Favourite shot: Thranduil softly walking amongst the fallen in the ruined city of Dale.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Jul 28 2014, 8:24pm

Post #108 of 271 (1739 views)
Shortcut
Racing to the Iron Hills? [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought about that too Bomby. That would explain why there are only two Gundabad Wargs instead of a whole army. Also I noticed that the Wargs do have some kind of winter coat don't they? The hair looks longer and more... fluffy ;-)

The question is: Why do those Dwarves ride somewhere in a chariot? They're obviously leaving Erebor torwards Dale. It can't be during the battle. That would be stupid also it doesn't look like there's already an army of enemys except the two Wargs. So where are they going?

- To negotiate with their besiegers? No.

- To leave the more safe Erebor and fight in a open and unprotected chariot against the giant orc army? No.

- To test their own arsenal of weapons? Perhaps.

- To bring the remaining Dwarves from Laketown to Erebor? Perhaps.

- To race torwards (and back again) Dain and the Iron Hills and inform them about the... well bad situation? Why not?

Somehow Dain must be informed about the situation at Erebor since we haven't seen any Ravens yet. Also Ravens are more linked to "Game of Thrones" in modern days although their history as messengers goes back to the old Northern Europe/Viking Mythology and their god Odin. So I think there won't be any talking ravens. But this race which would give Peter a couple of more opportunities:
--> Give us a new (even epic) action race scene (Dwarven chariot against Gundabad Wargs)
--> Gives them a chance to show how technology has evolved since the (let's say: not so well executed) Bunnysled-race in AUJ
--> Gives them a chance to introduce us to a new place in Middle-earth (Iron Hills) since otherwise there would have been no new place to visit.
--> Gives them a good opportunity to introduce Dain and the Dwarves of the Iron Hills beside their role at the battlefield

Only question remains: If they're heading towards the Iron Hills... where did they got the chariot plus the four goats?
The chariot could be from Erebors halls but the goats? Did Smaug had some kind of food chamber with living animals perhaps brought as gifts for the mighty dragon?

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

shadowdog
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 8:25pm

Post #109 of 271 (1755 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

I just went and looked and found it. But it is just after they encounter the Black Rider. So now back to the Trailer.
I find the intercutting events out of sequence to be very confusing. They do that all the time in trailers now. I gather they went after Dain after they decided to fight? And I couldn't tell who all went to fetch him.

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 8:26pm

Post #110 of 271 (1769 views)
Shortcut
appears like Radagast will only have a minimalistic role, which makes me sad... [In reply to] Can't Post

BilboBagshot187
Rivendell

Post #111 of 271 (1706 views)
Shortcut
Anyone have any idea when we will get a downloadable version? [In reply to] Can't Post

'Everywhere I lie theres a dirty great root sticking into my back!'

Grimbold
The Shire

Post #112 of 271 (1736 views)
Shortcut
Trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

Great first trailer!
Some observations.

When the dwarves are lifting the head of the statue, they are possibly fortifying the main entrance, building some kind of wall.

When Bard says ‘’will you have peace or war’’ he is looking up. And when Thorin answers he is looking down. Thorin is probably standing on the fortification they build.

The elven archers are aiming up and Gandalf looks concerned. I think they are aiming at Thorin and the other dwarves standing on the fortification. At least the time of the day seems to match with the Bard clip.

Dwarfs of the Iron Hills are riding some kind of goats. Maybe the rumors that they are riding war boars where wrong, or maybe they changed them later in the post-production. Or maybe it is just Dain who rides a boar.

The dwarfs on the chariot are going away from the Erebor towards the city of Dale. What are they up to?

I don’t think Bolg is in Dol Guldur, because there are snow on the ruins behind him. I too think it is the Raven Hill and he is walking towards Bilbo. Maybe Beorn will show up just in time to save Bilbo or maybe Bilbo will kill Bolg?

(This post was edited by Grimbold on Jul 28 2014, 8:27pm)

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Jul 28 2014, 8:29pm

Post #113 of 271 (1757 views)
Shortcut
Three things gave me goosebumps [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Pippin's (or rather, Bilbo's, yes) song- which was one of my favourite ever moments of the entire LOTR - and here so poignant, so true..

2. Thranduil in action, so flawlessy elegant and lethal...amidst all that carnage and ruin..

3. the Dwarves filing away in golden armour...
HeartHeartHeart

Shagrat
Gondor

Jul 28 2014, 8:30pm

Post #114 of 271 (1697 views)
Shortcut
I'm liking this idea [In reply to] Can't Post

Gives us a chance to see the Iron Hills and some tense dialogue with Dain, perhaps needing some persuading to come to Thorin's aid.

It would make sense if Balin leads the delegation. But I also hope that whoever is on the wagon gets back in time to join Thorin inside Erebor. That Kili is there suggests they do, but then he might fall off.

Dipling
Lorien

Post #115 of 271 (1699 views)
Shortcut
Homepage [In reply to] Can't Post

The Hobbit homepage is up!!!

With a better desktop picture Cool

(This post was edited by Dipling on Jul 28 2014, 8:33pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Post #116 of 271 (1722 views)
Shortcut
Don't cry Eruvandi - for you (even tho it's sad...) [In reply to] Can't Post

OMG Thranduil. OMG Thorin. OMG.

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 28 2014, 8:31pm

Post #117 of 271 (1663 views)
Shortcut
"One day, I'll remember. . ." // [In reply to] Can't Post

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 28 2014, 8:32pm

Post #118 of 271 (1663 views)
Shortcut
I know [In reply to] Can't Post

From this darkness, a legend...

MatthewJer18
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 8:33pm

Post #119 of 271 (1743 views)
Shortcut
Here's a screencap of Thorin wearing Thror's crown for the user who requested it [In reply to] Can't Post

https://meandrichard.files.wordpress.com/...28-at-2-03-16-pm.png

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 28 2014, 8:38pm

Post #120 of 271 (1699 views)
Shortcut
Is Bilbo being shunned? [In reply to] Can't Post

The dwarves walk right by him....Frown

And Bilbo is just in a shirt...I'm on Thorin's side but that's a painful thought anyway *sigh*

dubulous
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 8:38pm

Post #121 of 271 (1645 views)
Shortcut
It delivers [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the teaser and the choce of music. A+

Dipling
Lorien

Jul 28 2014, 8:44pm

Post #122 of 271 (1582 views)
Shortcut
QT [In reply to] Can't Post

Now we need downloadable quicktime version.

shadowdog
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 8:44pm

Post #123 of 271 (1595 views)
Shortcut
I'm seeing [In reply to] Can't Post

the trailer slightly out of focus as is shot through a mesh. How are you guys getting these clear pictures?

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 28 2014, 8:45pm

Post #124 of 271 (1642 views)
Shortcut
Hey Kim - a PS *grins* [In reply to] Can't Post

and Thorin's smokin' the raven crown - SQUEEEEE - the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone.TongueTongueTongue

Now I'm off to watch it 100 more times - nothing is going to get done today. SQUUUUUUEEEEEEEEE!!!!HeartHeartHeart

(Tho that's what I haven't seen - my hoped-for ravens - but maybe they will show up later in some symbolic way. Well, folks didn't get the talking purse, either....Cool)

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 28 2014, 8:46pm

Post #125 of 271 (1572 views)
Shortcut
Where's Avandel?! Excuse me, I'm looking for Avandel! Ah, there she is. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello there!Sly

Is that your favourite shot of Thorin?!

I kinda like that shot of him standing
amongst the treasure horde with that
intriguing look on his face.

Overall thoughts on the trailer.
Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.