Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Middle-earth: Shadow Of Mordor pushed forward to Sept. 30th!

LordotRings93
Rohan

Jul 25 2014, 5:03pm

Post #1 of 7 (2103 views)
Shortcut
Middle-earth: Shadow Of Mordor pushed forward to Sept. 30th! Can't Post

It was just revealed Middle-earth: Shadow Of Mordor will now be released a week earlier, September 30th (in the US, Oct. 2nd in other regions). This is very exciting, as I've been waiting since its announcement to play it, and have already preordered it, and to have it a week earlier is only better!! This will help with the wait for The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug extended edition and Battle Of The Five Armies.

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies 12/17/14
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Jul 25 2014, 9:26pm

Post #2 of 7 (1989 views)
Shortcut
New trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

Which reveals the identity of the wraith...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvIGlS7fK-Y

It's getting very positive previews. Looking forward to the game. Will be my 1st Middle Earth videogame. All the other projects didn't do much for me. But this one looks good. With one caveat - it all takes place in Mordor. Would have preferred to see some other places. Hopefully it doesn't become drab.

(This post was edited by Estel78 on Jul 25 2014, 9:28pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 25 2014, 9:42pm

Post #3 of 7 (1985 views)
Shortcut
The Bright Lord [In reply to] Can't Post

The featuring of Celebrimbor is at the same time the most confusing, worrying but also intriguing information I have heard so far. Certainly going to be interesting how it turns out.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Nightwing
Bree

Jul 25 2014, 9:47pm

Post #4 of 7 (1999 views)
Shortcut
The indentity of the wraith [In reply to] Can't Post

The identity of the wraith is quite interesting. The House of Finwë, and mainly the elves of the Fëanor branch, are probably my favorite characters in all of Tolkien's legendarium. I'll probably follow this game a bit more closely now, even if I am still a bit sceptical about it.

The Silmarillion (film series)
The Flight of the Noldor - Beren and Lúthien - The Children of Húrin - The Necklace of the Dwarves - The Fall of Gondolin - The War of Wrath

Someday.

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Jul 25 2014, 9:50pm

Post #5 of 7 (1980 views)
Shortcut
About "my 1st Middle Earth videogame" [In reply to] Can't Post

I forgot Lord of the Rings Online, which i played for a while.

IdrilLalaith
Rivendell

Jul 26 2014, 7:32pm

Post #6 of 7 (1953 views)
Shortcut
I have the same reaction [In reply to] Can't Post

I just saw the trailer, so I don't really know what I think yet. I need time to process.

TolkienBlog.com

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 28 2014, 8:17pm

Post #7 of 7 (1989 views)
Shortcut
I noticed that during the panel. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm excited that this happened. The panel was pretty fun and some interesting info was released that has made it out now.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.