Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The trailer is here!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

Spalko
Rivendell

Jul 28 2014, 7:48pm

Post #76 of 271 (1991 views)
Shortcut
Exactly [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

First impressions - Smaug overflying burning Laketown - Legolas and Tauriel on the Lake shore looking at the ruins. Thranduil in Dale - his expression of horror - Gandalf and Galadriel - shot of the dwarves in armour - Bard and Thorin - every scene composed like an illustration.

Cool

Like a painting. Each scene could make a beautiful art, poster, illustration...

Eruonen
Valinor

Jul 28 2014, 7:48pm

Post #77 of 271 (2015 views)
Shortcut
I don't think we can make any valid assumptions (just guesses) about [In reply to] Can't Post

Dol Guldur from that scene alone. It could be before or after any contest of wills. If before, I would guess that Gandalf awakens and they ...Saruman, Galadriel and Gandalf join forces to contest with Sauron. If after, it could show Gandalf utterly spent in the effort. My guess, is that the scene comes before with Galadriel finding Gandalf.

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 7:51pm

Post #78 of 271 (1979 views)
Shortcut
the silent before the storm ? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Dol Guldur from that scene alone. It could be before or after any contest of wills. If before, I would guess that Gandalf awakens and they ...Saruman, Galadriel and Gandalf join forces to contest with Sauron. If after, it could show Gandalf utterly spent in the effort. My guess, is that the scene comes before with Galadriel finding Gandalf.

shadowdog
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 7:52pm

Post #79 of 271 (1985 views)
Shortcut
Ok I'm confused [In reply to] Can't Post

How is that Bilbo's song?

Rickster
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 7:55pm

Post #80 of 271 (1935 views)
Shortcut
What is with that statue ?? [In reply to] Can't Post

They are restoring a statue.. is that the grandfather Dwarf King. I think it is.
Amazing.. I love it all.
It was not good that we had to wait this long, but now that we finally have a trailer.. it was worth the wait.
Although some friends of mine have already passed away. Age is killing us.
I hope to live and see the movie. Happy for every Sunrise now

Kim
Valinor

Jul 28 2014, 7:55pm

Post #81 of 271 (1919 views)
Shortcut
Yes Yes Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

OK, watched it a few more times, the dwarven armor is awesome, and I noticed that both their armor and the elves armor is golden.

This is gonna be epic!

Heirs of Durin/Thorin Oakenshield FB page is already putting up screencaps:
https://www.facebook.com/...mp;notif_t=notify_me

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

TheSexyBeard
Lorien

Jul 28 2014, 7:56pm

Post #82 of 271 (1932 views)
Shortcut
Goat Chariot [In reply to] Can't Post

It's got a balista at the front! It looks like Balin (or Dori?), Dwalin, Fili and Kili are on the chariot. Looks like Balin/Dori is driving, Dwalin on balista, ad Fili and Kili (plus bow) as passengers. I'm guessing the chariot was somewhere in Erebor but where did the goats come from? Wouldn't think they'd be about with Smaug around.

Wish we got a bit more Smaug in the trailer. But I shouldn't complain, it's great.

Yes, my username is terrible.

dormouse
Half-elven

Post #83 of 271 (1893 views)
Shortcut
Oh, good point.... [In reply to] Can't Post

It is Bilbo's song, isn't it.

I've tried freezing frame on the first shot. It could be - as someone else pointed out, it has the same arrangement with a shaft of light that we see in Balin's tomb. There's a white figure - statue, I think? or person caught in the light, standing behind the whatever it is.

I'd be surprised if they were to trail Thorin's tomb quite so early though. I wondered if this might be something like a bed or couch he is carried back to after the battle - where Bilbo sees him - and there will be a later funeral scene. Maybe I'm just being influenced by the Alan Lee illustration of Thorin's funeral, but given the vast spaces they've created in Erebor, that looks a bit too small and enclosed for an impressive funeral; it looks a more intimate space, like a bedroom.

Just a thought.

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #84 of 271 (1905 views)
Shortcut
It is known as Pippin's song [In reply to] Can't Post

which he sings for Denethor, when Faramir rides to Osgiliath (and certain death).
But as Silverlode says. Pippin probably heard this song, and learned it, from Bilbo. A song Bilbo came up with to put this terrible tragedy into words and onto song.
So it actually isn't Pippin's song, but Bilbo's song, sung by Pippin.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 28 2014, 8:01pm

Post #85 of 271 (1870 views)
Shortcut
Love Thorin wearing Thror's crown [In reply to] Can't Post

Really emphasises how he's become like his grandfather through his greed and madness. Cool detail.

phij2
Rivendell

Jul 28 2014, 8:02pm

Post #86 of 271 (1845 views)
Shortcut
aaaaaaaarrrrggggg [In reply to] Can't Post

soooooo exciting

Can't waitHeartHeartWinkSmileCoolSly

Rickster
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 8:04pm

Post #87 of 271 (1792 views)
Shortcut
Make this topic Sticky.. for a while.. so it will not be pushed to page 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 28 2014, 8:04pm

Post #88 of 271 (1846 views)
Shortcut
Looks like the dwarves from the Iron Hills are riding goats [In reply to] Can't Post

I screen-capped it.Smile Definitely looks like dwarves on those goats. So, I guess we can conclude that the ice sled scene happens after the dwarves from the Iron Hills arrive and the dwarves in Erebor borrow some goats for the cart?

"Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream,

I am a dreamer, take me higher
Open the sky up, start a fire
I believe even if it's just a dream"
~"Dreamer" by Bethany Dillon

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 28 2014, 8:05pm

Post #89 of 271 (1817 views)
Shortcut
In the book of Fellowship of the Ring... [In reply to] Can't Post

... it's Bilbo's walking song, that Frodo, Sam and Pippin sing when they're walking to the new house in Crickhollow. 'Bilbo had made the words, to a tune that was as old as the hills, and taught it to Frodo as they walked in the lanes of the Water-valley and talked about Adventure.'

But the way it was used in the film of Return of the King, to accompany Faramir's desperate attack on Osgiliath, gave it a whole extra level of emotion.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 28 2014, 8:06pm

Post #90 of 271 (1818 views)
Shortcut
Rate the trailer on Pollantir [In reply to] Can't Post

http://newboards.theonering.net/...;;page=unread#unread

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 28 2014, 8:07pm

Post #91 of 271 (1823 views)
Shortcut
Totally speechless [In reply to] Can't Post

It's so awesome! I've watched it at least five times so far and now I'm sitting here pausing and restarting it to catch every detail! I can't get enough!SmileCoolAngelicHeart I also keep crying after that last line.Frown

"Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream,

I am a dreamer, take me higher
Open the sky up, start a fire
I believe even if it's just a dream"
~"Dreamer" by Bethany Dillon

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 28 2014, 8:10pm

Post #92 of 271 (1845 views)
Shortcut
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG [In reply to] Can't Post

Richer - and gotta admit - far better than I imagined. And the very quiet way Thorin asks if they will follow him, one last time, struck me as much as his power voice ever has. And I was thinking that maybe I'd have an issue with the re-use of LOT music, but if FIT, here. Bilbo's narration breaks my heart.

And I was thinking last night, Thorin's always charged in by himself re the pine tree scene - just seems to me like he's never really asked anyone to follow him, not like that. And I would.

There is one who I could follow. There is one I could call king.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 28 2014, 8:10pm

Post #93 of 271 (1754 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo's 'Walking-song' [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
How is that Bilbo's song?

The lyrics are taken from Bilbo's walking-song that is sung by Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin just before they encounter the Black Rider who flees when the group of High Elves led by Gildor appears in the Shire.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

shadowdog
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 8:11pm

Post #94 of 271 (1748 views)
Shortcut
That is where I am confused [In reply to] Can't Post

I have never seen or read anywhere that Bilbo came up with this song. Do you know the source?

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 8:11pm

Post #95 of 271 (1728 views)
Shortcut
I MISS...RADAGAST.. [In reply to] Can't Post

UnsureFrown

in DoS Trailer, at least he had one line :(

(This post was edited by NoelGallagher on Jul 28 2014, 8:14pm)

Rickster
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 8:12pm

Post #96 of 271 (1746 views)
Shortcut
what does Bilbo say [In reply to] Can't Post

"Today I will remember"
or "One day I still remember"

the rest is clear
- The good
- The bad
- Those who survived
- and those who did not...

about the chariot. There are at least 3 dwarfs on it
possibly 4.

Elessar
Valinor

Post #97 of 271 (1733 views)
Shortcut
Pretty amazing [In reply to] Can't Post

It got me quite emotional as I sat in Hall H and watched this. Love the use of Pippen's song and Bilbo's little speech. Just fantastic.

Avandel
Half-elven

Post #98 of 271 (1720 views)
Shortcut
Hi Kim! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just sending you a SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

(And we've got the EE to look forward to, as well!!!!HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 28 2014, 8:15pm

Post #99 of 271 (1720 views)
Shortcut
FotR [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I have never seen or read anywhere that Bilbo came up with this song. Do you know the source?

It is in The Fellowship of the Ring, in the chapter "Three is Company".

Bilbo Baggins had made the words, to a tune that was as old as the hills, and taught it to Frodo as they walked in teh lanes of the Water-valley and talked about Adventure.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jul 28 2014, 8:16pm)

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Jul 28 2014, 8:16pm

Post #100 of 271 (1704 views)
Shortcut
Color scheme for BotFA...teal?? [In reply to] Can't Post

It appears in the smoke and shadows that the color theme for this final film will be teal?

FOTR = Green
TT = Red
ROTK = Blue
AUJ = Brownish
DOS = Purple
BOTFA = Teal?

"Only, you've never done a hard day's work." - Merry

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.