Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The trailer is here!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 28 2014, 7:31pm

Post #51 of 271 (2161 views)
Shortcut
Legolas [In reply to] Can't Post

Does anyone else thing that he looks great? I mean, he doesn't seem to have the digital make-up like in DOS. He looks much better, IMO.

Farficom
Rivendell

Post #52 of 271 (2097 views)
Shortcut
Epic. That is really all I can say. [In reply to] Can't Post

You gotta' love the use of Pippin's song throughout. Now I'm really hoping that they use Billy Boyd for the end credits.

Eruonen
Valinor

Post #53 of 271 (2060 views)
Shortcut
Exactly! [In reply to] Can't Post

Since the dwarves are a mountain people and since the goats are probably both a work animal, mohair and food source it does not seem farfetched though they would have to be large rams...a bigger breed than those of today.

http://synapsida.blogspot.com/...s-largest-goats.html

Musk Ox would have been cool too!

http://www.realbig5.com/realbig5-goats.html

Markhor (capra falconeri falconeri)
"At 42” at shoulder and weighing 200 – 220lbs this is the greatest of all the goats. "

adt100
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 7:32pm

Post #54 of 271 (2075 views)
Shortcut
looks like it... [In reply to] Can't Post

Seems like they've used that old trailer trick of intercutting that with a scene of Bilbo in a similar environment, but which I'd guess is actually outside Erebor. Pretty sure Bilbo won't be up against Bolg!

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 7:33pm

Post #55 of 271 (2067 views)
Shortcut
first thought the Bolg shoot is at Dol Guldur ?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Post #56 of 271 (2126 views)
Shortcut
How 'bout that Thranduil? [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course my first thought was about Thorin and his "WAR" crown, BUT the look on Thranduil's face when he walked through the carnage, and then later LOOK OUT, here comes the Elf Ninja Blender action!!! I'd say he's had a change of heart moment. Well gotta go, I've got work to do here in the office and more trailer to watchWink

adt100
Rohan

Post #57 of 271 (2027 views)
Shortcut
I haven't read the book in a while... could you enlighten me on Ravenhill? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Nerven
Rivendell

Jul 28 2014, 7:34pm

Post #58 of 271 (2073 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel [In reply to] Can't Post

Where was that scene with Galadriel and Gandalf lying on the ground and holdings hands? It wasn´t in the trailer, was it? I find it strange with Galadriel, one could think she is not really there, like in the last hobbit movie, where she talked to Gandalf or the entire council scene from the first movie or in one LOTR movie (don´t know he part) where she helped Frodo getting up. And barefoot, she really must have good elven callusLaugh

(This post was edited by Nerven on Jul 28 2014, 7:35pm)

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Jul 28 2014, 7:35pm

Post #59 of 271 (2013 views)
Shortcut
Yes, that was my immediate thought [In reply to] Can't Post

The shot is eerily similar to the shot of Dumbledore's corpse in HBP.
I seriously doubt they would see much benefit in playing the "dead-but-not-dead" card, since even casual fans are most likely aware of Gandalf's general attitude to death, lol. I think it's merely a way of making the battle seem that bit more dangerous-when such a powerful character is on the brink like that it can certainly help to heighten the tension (something which I welcome after some of the ridiculous falls that the Dwarves have survived). I have to admit that though I was (and am) a little worried about how that moment is going to be handled, the trailer has reassured me somewhat-it comes across as both dramatic and incredibly touching.
Frankly, a fantastic trailer, albeit short-but to some degree less is more, since what is on display is 100% superb!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."-Gandalf

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 28 2014, 7:36pm

Post #60 of 271 (2058 views)
Shortcut
You are right! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, Bilbo's song, that Pippin overheard and sang it in the great halls of Denethor at an hour of despair.

It could be Thorin's tomb, can't make it out properly. But I did notice it has the same ray of light as Balin's tomb.

Elarie
Grey Havens

Jul 28 2014, 7:37pm

Post #61 of 271 (2003 views)
Shortcut
Beautiful and epic [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, just wow.

And once again the world has not arranged itself just for me.

Spalko
Rivendell

Jul 28 2014, 7:37pm

Post #62 of 271 (1949 views)
Shortcut
+1 [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I seriously doubt they would see much benefit in playing the "dead-but-not-dead" card, since even casual fans are most likely aware of Gandalf's general attitude to death, lol. I think it's merely a way of making the battle seem that bit more dangerous-when such a powerful character is on the brink like that it can certainly help to heighten the tension (something which I welcome after some of the ridiculous falls that the Dwarves have survived).!

My very same thoughts. We know that Gandalf is not dead or will die, and they are just making all more emotional, epic and deep.

Retro315
Rivendell

Jul 28 2014, 7:39pm

Post #63 of 271 (1963 views)
Shortcut
Re [In reply to] Can't Post

Ravenhill is a watchtower on the southernmost (?) point of the south arm of the Lonely Mountain. It overlooks Dale, probably a bit of the surrounding area, and is where the Dwarves go when the left the mountain to find out any news they could (because they don't know what happens after Smaug leaves).

Also, Ravenhill is where friendly ravens, who can speak with dwarves and travel with news, roost.

adt100
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 7:39pm

Post #64 of 271 (1977 views)
Shortcut
Ravenhill - Bolg facing off against Kili is one suggestion... [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably more likely?

adt100
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 7:40pm

Post #65 of 271 (1880 views)
Shortcut
Ah right thanks! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 28 2014, 7:41pm

Post #66 of 271 (1918 views)
Shortcut
After Freezing it..IT is Just Dwalin Driving & Balin [In reply to] Can't Post

in Back in the Chariot...ALSO..
they have multiple Arrows
in Launchers!!! in
Front of them

THIS could be THE BADass Brothers
Racing... to THE IRON HILLS

to Plead with DAiN,
to join THEM?

BombyBelieves

adt100
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 7:41pm

Post #67 of 271 (1875 views)
Shortcut
ah yup, good point! [In reply to] Can't Post

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 7:42pm

Post #68 of 271 (1863 views)
Shortcut
So, won´t Gandalf be in action at Dol Guldur ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I first thought that after seeing the banner from comic con and now, after seeing the trailer, the feeling is growing.
To me, in the trailer it looks like the Assault is almost done and quiet. Galadriels walks so slowly and calmed, not like there is a battle going on... so Galadriel finds him right after it maybe ?

Same impression anyone ?

P.S: Sorry for making a new thread of that ;)

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 28 2014, 7:43pm

Post #69 of 271 (1877 views)
Shortcut
Laketown burning in the distance [In reply to] Can't Post

is an incredible shot.

adt100
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 7:44pm

Post #70 of 271 (1828 views)
Shortcut
Good spot! // [In reply to] Can't Post

adt100
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 7:44pm

Post #71 of 271 (1814 views)
Shortcut
Reminiscent of the trek to Helm's Deep :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Spalko
Rivendell

Jul 28 2014, 7:45pm

Post #72 of 271 (1817 views)
Shortcut
Interesting point [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I first thought that after seeing the banner from comic con and now, after seeing the trailer, the feeling is growing.
To me, in the trailer it looks like the Assault is almost done and quiet. Galadriels walks so slowly and calmed, not like there is a battle going on... so Galadriel finds him right after it maybe ?

Same impression anyone ?

P.S: Sorry for making a new thread of that ;)

I definitely looked like that, but it could be more like a freezing moment in time?

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 28 2014, 7:46pm

Post #73 of 271 (1865 views)
Shortcut
"Will you follow me... one last time".... YES! Oh yes [In reply to] Can't Post

Haven't yet fathomed all the details, but this really looks stunning. Worth every second of the wait - and I'm jumping for joy that my connection speed came back up!

First impressions - Smaug overflying burning Laketown - Legolas and Tauriel on the Lake shore looking at the ruins. Thranduil in Dale - his expression of horror - Gandalf and Galadriel - shot of the dwarves in armour - Bard and Thorin - every scene composed like an illustration.

Bilbo's voice-over at the beginning... and using Pippin's song is an inspiration.

Colour me happy - and in awe of the achievement of this film already.

Cool

BilboBagshot187
Rivendell

Jul 28 2014, 7:46pm

Post #74 of 271 (1900 views)
Shortcut
Kilis face when Thorin says 'I will have war' [In reply to] Can't Post

It looks like he's about to tear up, as though he realises Thorin has completley lost it. This is gonna be emotional...

'Everywhere I lie theres a dirty great root sticking into my back!'

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 28 2014, 7:47pm

Post #75 of 271 (1790 views)
Shortcut
Yes, indeed. [In reply to] Can't Post

But I'm actually more in awe of the actual burning in the distance. It find it to be a very moving shot.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.