Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Inside Job: Who really destroyed the One Ring?

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Mar 6 2007, 5:39am

Post #1 of 20 (1449 views)
Shortcut
Inside Job: Who really destroyed the One Ring? Can't Post

King Elessar's One Ring Commission officially found that Frodo Baggins was responsible for the destruction of the Ring. The commission's three volume report (published as The Downfall of the Lord of the Rings and the Return of the King) describes the plan proposed by Gandalf the Grey and Elrond Halfelven to bring the One Ring to Orodruin in Mordor and destroy it by throwing it back into the lava vent where it was forged.

However, this report is pure fiction, a government whitewash whose purpose is to obscure the real events! The evidence is clear. The destruction of the One Ring was an inside job. The Witch King of Angmar, in collusion with the other eight Nazgul, conspired to destroy the One Ring and eliminate Sauron.

Consider the following evidence:
  • After Sauron's defeat by the Last Alliance, the Witch King took over his organization, eventually amassing the resources to found his own independent kingdom in Angmar. Sauron's return put an end to the Witch King's plans. His posession of the Nine Rings for Mortal Men ensured the unwilling obedience of the Witch King and the other Ringwraiths. Hence the motive for destroying the One Ring (and thus, Sauron). The Witch King wanted to remove the sole being who stood between himself and absolute power, freeing the Nine Rings from the One Ring's domination. The rest of the Nazgul were along for the ride.
  • The Witch King had both the One Ring and its bearer within arm's reach at the dell beneath Weathertop. It would have been the work of a few seconds to kill Frodo and seize the Ring for Sauron. Yet instead the Witch King stabbed him with a Morgul knife! This wound was meant to enslave Frodo to the Witch King's will and force him to carry out the Witch King's orders — which were to proceed to Mordor and destroy the Ring. We have only Elrond's word that the fragment of the Morgul Blade was destroyed.
  • We are expected to believe that two Hobbits without any wilderness survival or mountaineering training scaled the treacherous hills of the Emyn Muil, passed through the Dead Marshes, evaded Orc patrols and rampaging oliphaunts, and crossed the desolate plain of Gorgoroth — all without supplies or specialized equipment. To anyone familiar with this race of lazy, comfort-loving gluttons, the very idea is ludicrous. They had to have help, and lots of it.
  • Witnesses from Minas Morgul testified before the Commission that Smeagol was an agent of Angmar. He was allowed to escape from Mordor by the Witch King and ordered to find the One Ring. His suspiciously well-timed offer of help and his efforts to ingratiate himself with Frodo ensured that Frodo and Sam would go exactly where the Witch King wanted them to go.
  • The One Ring Commission wants us to think that Frodo and his companions evaded the Witch King not once, but twice! Frodo and Sam's tale of their escape from the Witch King at Minas Morgul is ridiculous. We're expected to believe that Sauron's chief servant could not locate the One Ring — mere yards away! — despite being attuned to its presence. The only possible conclusion is that he knew the Ring was there and allowed Frodo, Sam and Smeagol to escape in order to take it into Mordor.
  • Could a clinically depressed young woman and a flighty, immature Hobbit really destroy the most powerful undead being in Middle-earth? It's unlikely, to say the least. Yet this is exactly the scenario that the One Ring Commission would have us believe. Contrary to popular belief, the Witch King wasn't killed at the Pelennor Fields. Instead, he faked his death to shed suspicion and avoid taking responsibility for deliberately losing the battle. He retreated bodilessly to his headquarters in Minas Morgul when attacked by Eowyn of Rohan and Meriadoc Brandybuck, abandoning his robes, crown and mace on the battlefield to make it look as if he had perished. This also ensured that Sauron's attention would be turned to Gondor, not Mordor — exactly what the Witch King wanted!
  • Elvish prophecies are a dime a dozen. The whole “Not by the hand of man shall he fall” business was cooked up after the fact by King Elessar's publicist. No reputable history mentions it. (Wikipedia doesn't count.)
  • Frodo and Sam's escape from the Tower of Cirith Ungol was also set up by the Witch King. If they were captured, Orcs from Minas Morgul were ordered to attack the tower under pretense of fighting over the swag, allowing Frodo and Sam to escape in the confusion. The Nazgul who arrived shortly after the orc fight was making sure that Frodo and Sam got away safely, not chasing them!
  • Smeagol's presence at the Sammath Naur was a fail-safe. If for some reason Frodo did not destroy the Ring on his own, Smeagol was to push him and the Ring into the Cracks of Doom. That Smeagol himself fell to his death with the Ring was a tragic and unplanned accident.
  • The structural failure of the Dark Tower is inconsistent with everything that is known about architectural engineering. We are told by the One Ring Commission that the Ring's power was the foundation of Barad-Dur and that its destruction led to the tower's collapse. But it is unclear how pitching a ring into a volcano located 40 miles away from the Dark Tower could have caused its foundations to fail, especially since they had to be sunk deep into bedrock to support the tower's weight. Clearly, the supernatural explanation just doesn't cut it.
  • A secret deposition from Gwaihir the Windlord states that he saw small explosions along the sides of the Dark Tower shortly before its destruction. He also claimed that the tower collapsed in on itself instead of toppling over. These observations are consistent with a controlled implosion. Why hasn't this testimony been shared with the people of Gondor?
  • Newly-found documents from the Orthanc archives reveal that Saruman sent a cadre of Uruk-hai demolitions experts to Mordor shortly after the War of the Ring began. This is the missing link. The Witch King must have ordered the Uruk-hai demolitions team to deliberately implode the Dark Tower using the blasting fire pioneered by Saruman.

There can be only one conclusion. Frodo, Sam, and the Fellowship — not to mention the rest of the Free Peoples of Middle-earth — were deceived by a criminal mastermind. There hasn't been a plot of such diabolical cunning since Sauron engineered the demise of Numenor.

Thanks to the destruction of the One Ring, the Witch King is free. While he lurks in his mountain fastness of Angmar, his followers spread chaos across the breadth of Middle-earth. Don't let him get away with it! Insist that the true story of the One Ring be revealed. The future of Middle-earth depends on it!

(With apologies to the Star Wars Conspiracy thread!) Wink

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

SandWitch King
Rohan

Mar 6 2007, 6:01am

Post #2 of 20 (1189 views)
Shortcut
Very nice! {NT} [In reply to] Can't Post

Once upon a time I was MrCere. I still am but this name is for posting and being part of the community while that one is for official business. 8-)

Annael
Immortal

Mar 6 2007, 6:09am

Post #3 of 20 (1221 views)
Shortcut
I see the College of Revisionist History is back! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hooray! Nicely done.

(Was that Gaffer who used to post those? Gorel? One of the G-men wasn't it?)

“For the record, I am not a nut. I am an optimist. That’s exactly like a nut except with a better attitude.”
- Scott Adams

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 6 2007, 8:21am

Post #4 of 20 (1190 views)
Shortcut
Glaze, I think. [In reply to] Can't Post

I had to delve deep in my memory to dredge up that nick :-)

Promises to Keep: a novel set in 19th Century New Zealand.

The Passing of Mistress Rose

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

elvenhobbit
Rohan

Mar 6 2007, 2:51pm

Post #5 of 20 (1199 views)
Shortcut
*oh good one*.... [In reply to] Can't Post

CrazyWinkLaughSlySmileTongue
-e_H-

Elven by name, Hobbit by nature

'Road lead ever on and on
down from the door where it began
now far ahead the road has gone
down from where all began' -FOTR-

and through all the world has changed
the ages come and go with time
and yet those remain unchanged
unto they journey westward
over the sea...

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 6 2007, 3:01pm

Post #6 of 20 (1176 views)
Shortcut
I knew it! I knew it!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

So the whole thing was a work of fiction!!!???!!!

It figures.

*applause* Well Done!! :D

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Mar 6 2007, 3:02pm)

Annael
Immortal

Mar 6 2007, 4:02pm

Post #7 of 20 (1169 views)
Shortcut
I think you're right [In reply to] Can't Post

Been a long time since we've seen him around. I've heard from Gorel and Gaffer recently (and told them they should drop by!), but glaze seems to have disappeared into the ozone.

“For the record, I am not a nut. I am an optimist. That’s exactly like a nut except with a better attitude.”
- Scott Adams

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Samantha Baggins
The Shire

Mar 6 2007, 4:39pm

Post #8 of 20 (1175 views)
Shortcut
I can't believed I bought all that govt hogwash [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you Idril, for showing us the truth!

*looks around*

Who cleaned up Bag End?

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 6 2007, 5:24pm

Post #9 of 20 (1162 views)
Shortcut
Well! That explains why [In reply to] Can't Post

the other Nazgul were destroyed in the eruption from Mount Doom!

Instead of being able to turn their Fell Beasts away from the flames, the Witch-king must have conditioned them to home in on the Sammath Naur, probably giving the beasts a telepathic command from Minas Morgul.

And thus he removed his "competition".

Excellent sleuthing, Idril!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Still 'round the corner there may wait
A new road, or a secret gate...

Patty
Immortal

Mar 6 2007, 6:34pm

Post #10 of 20 (1170 views)
Shortcut
If New Line Cinema wants to make another movie... [In reply to] Can't Post

They should do another LotR based on this evidence, using director Sam Raimi. Then they could leave "The Hobbit" to Peter Jackson, and both would make a profit. They probably still have the film rights.Wink

Welcome to Rivendell, Patty Baggins

Ciars
Rohan

Mar 6 2007, 7:19pm

Post #11 of 20 (1158 views)
Shortcut
This shines a light on [In reply to] Can't Post

the true madness of the ring!!! Love it! and of course it also probably means that the Witch King is now in charge of new line and is actively working to prevent PJ from revealing that in the hobbit Gollum actually is and as always was a scion of the witch king and deliberately lured Bilbo to the ring to set the events you describe in motuiion! It all makes sense now!

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 6 2007, 8:10pm

Post #12 of 20 (1148 views)
Shortcut
Soooo.... [In reply to] Can't Post

...how does this tie in with the fact that no one has ever seen the Witch King and Tom Bombadil together at the same time?

Pippin: "When you guys fall, does it make a sound?"
Bregalad: "Are you kidding? Scott fell last week and he hasn't shut up about it since."

Lossefalme
Gondor

Mar 6 2007, 9:15pm

Post #13 of 20 (1144 views)
Shortcut
But, but, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

My hero would never lead us to believe a falsehood...what world leader ever would? Tongue

(Formerly Lossefalme3, just in case you're wondering)*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Aragorn threw back his cloak. The elven-sheath glittered as he grasped it, and the bright blade of Andúril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. 'Elendil!' he cried. 'I am Aragorn son of Arathorn, and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dúnadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!' TTT, Book III, Chapter 2
And Éomer answered: 'Since the day when you rose before me out of the green grass of the downs I have loved you, and that love shall not fail.' RotK, Book VI, Chapter 5

Kyriel
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 6 2007, 11:33pm

Post #14 of 20 (1158 views)
Shortcut
That's it! You've convinced me! [In reply to] Can't Post

Now on to the rest of the world! Conspiracy theorists, unite! We have a major wrong to right!

Those left standing will make millions writing books on the way it should have been. --Incubus

Elfmei
The Shire

Mar 7 2007, 7:35am

Post #15 of 20 (1138 views)
Shortcut
That explained everything... [In reply to] Can't Post

I always wondered how could Frodo and Sam make it to that fire place...
Thanks for revealing the truth.

This is Elfmei, disappeared from TORn for almost 4 years and finally found her way home~~

Just passing through
The Shire

Mar 14 2007, 8:53pm

Post #16 of 20 (1124 views)
Shortcut
Very interesting but if you pop over to the hidden maps thread you'll find the answer. [In reply to] Can't Post

Aerlinn
Lorien

Mar 14 2007, 9:09pm

Post #17 of 20 (1132 views)
Shortcut
It's been a little while... [In reply to] Can't Post

If you're really trying to open up that whole can of worms thread again, you might want to provide a link.

Aerlinn's Law #15 (maybe 16... 17?): Whatever I say goes.

In one ear and out the other.

My TORn archives - to be updated sooner or later

Just passing through
The Shire

Mar 15 2007, 3:12pm

Post #18 of 20 (1115 views)
Shortcut
Gee, you people expect everything done for you don't you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Here you go.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...m.cgi?post=9835#9835

Read it, try it, and see.

Aerlinn
Lorien

Mar 16 2007, 1:44am

Post #19 of 20 (1104 views)
Shortcut
Yup, still rude. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was trying to help.

If you think you're going to gain attention or favor for your little ideas with that attitude, you're dreaming. Good luck with that.

Aerlinn's Law #15 (maybe 16... 17?): Whatever I say goes.

In one ear and out the other.

My TORn archives - to be updated sooner or later

Just passing through
The Shire

Mar 19 2007, 9:49pm

Post #20 of 20 (1158 views)
Shortcut
Rude? [In reply to] Can't Post

I was quite happily cleaning my own place and well into a good career when this work started. I have tried to return it to the living relative of the man who wrote the book only to be ignored, the one he damned out of his own mouth. I have returned it to the place where the book was written, only to have discussions cut short and then to be ignored. All while trying to ensure that another piece of British genius, I refer to Tolkien's not mine, was returned to a British institution this has cost me time, effort and more.

If I seem impatient or curt then remember this, I did this because people have a right to know. In response I have received petty character slurs.

Tolkien would probably turn in his grave but finally he'd agree with me, you people are beyond hope and are no longer worthy.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.