The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Collecting The Precious Weta Workshop Comic-Con Photo Tour Part 1

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Jul 27 2014, 6:58pm

Post #1 of 3 (2141 views)
Shortcut
Collecting The Precious Weta Workshop Comic-Con Photo Tour Part 1 Can't Post

IMG_0664 Our friends at Weta Workshop have some really fantastic stuff this year at Comic-Con from both The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. As they announced last year at Comic-Con, The Lord of the Rings 1:6 statue line is back in the hands of Weta and this year we get two fantastic pieces to start that off. The first piece is the Balrog, in a huge scale standing at 21" tall with a huge footprint because of the base. The other statue is Faramir - who, finally, after eight years since the end of the original The Lord of the Rings 1:6 statue line, gets to come home to us. We also get, for fans of the mini-statue line, a brand new Ringwraith mini-statue, which at the show was only $80.

The Hobbit has not been left out though. We got five brand new pieces representing this part of the Middle-earth story, coming from both The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Representing the first Hobbit film is King Thror on his throne, which we saw in the prologue from the first Hobbit film. He's a great looking piece with that wonderful green marble look, which we saw inside Erebor. There is also an empty space in the back of the throne for a small LED light, if a collector wanted to try to light up the Arkenstone. From The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, we got a HUGE Smaug statue (with one of the biggest footprints I've ever seen on a statue), a smaller Smaug that goes with the mini-statue line, an awesome Bard the Bowman and, finally, Kili's rune stone.

Here in round one, many of the pictures I took will look very similar to you. Some of them I played with the lighting and such to give you a look at how different lighting or clarity in the picture will affect how you see it when you get it in hand.

Follow this link to the Home Page article with pictures

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Jul 28 2014, 4:25pm)

Eruclauron
Bree

Jul 28 2014, 12:09am

Post #2 of 3 (2053 views)
Shortcut
Smaug! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been eagerly awaiting news of a Smaug statue of some sort, and I am not disappointed! Thanks for the pictures! Smile

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 28 2014, 8:15pm

Post #3 of 3 (2055 views)
Shortcut
It's amazing [In reply to] Can't Post

You're gonna love it! You're welcome :)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.