Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
It's Official! The Trailer will be released.....
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 27 2014, 8:01pm

Post #26 of 84 (940 views)
Shortcut
The Battle [In reply to] Can't Post

It's likely that the battle's climax will take place outside of Dale.

I'm hoping that the five armies will come together and collide with one another out in the open upon the slopes of Erebor.

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 27 2014, 8:04pm

Post #27 of 84 (888 views)
Shortcut
it has to be there [In reply to] Can't Post

at the plain between Erebor and Dale

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 27 2014, 8:07pm

Post #28 of 84 (903 views)
Shortcut
*Yawn* Are we still going on about the trailer? [In reply to] Can't Post

Only joking! Tongue

That tease looks amazing! *Looks up time zone conversion*

Argh drat! I'm out! Unsure

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 27 2014, 8:08pm

Post #29 of 84 (846 views)
Shortcut
Yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually think we might see those present at the beginning running towards each other from different directions (although Men and Elves will have to be close together, side by side).

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

BilboBagshot187
Rivendell

Jul 27 2014, 8:09pm

Post #30 of 84 (891 views)
Shortcut
That shot of Bard... [In reply to] Can't Post

swinging his sword towards the end of the clip reminds me of the shot of Aragorn in the battle of Helms deep just after the Uruk Hai have infiltrated the fortress, the way he runs towards the camera. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

'Everywhere I lie theres a dirty great root sticking into my back!'

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Jul 27 2014, 8:19pm

Post #31 of 84 (825 views)
Shortcut
Hopefully there are a few moments like... [In reply to] Can't Post

...this great scene between Gandalf and Pippin when they talk about living after life in Minas Tirith just before the smaller gate was broken. Or the moments of Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas during the Battle of Helms Deep. This is a big opportunity to show the bond between those Dwarves.

Since the battle will be a huge part of the movie I hope that it's not just fighting but also inclued great and strong character moments like all good war movies have and not just one attack wave after the other. Scenes between Dwarves encouraging each other. Especially if they're brothers of no warrior family like Dori, Nori and Ori. I'm pretty sure we'll get those scenes.

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Retro315
Rivendell

Jul 27 2014, 8:19pm

Post #32 of 84 (810 views)
Shortcut
Orcs v. Daylight [In reply to] Can't Post

Orcs were never trolls. Tolkien described them as shrieking and cursing at the sun, but you know, as a ginger, I think I share that in common. Whenever I'm out tarrying in the hot, bright sun, I shake my fist at the cursed yellow circle in the sky, too. "CURSE YOU, SUN!"

It's not necessarily even a "magical" premise, the aversion. As cave-dwelling, inbred, hills have eyes cannibals with slight 'vampiric' undertones, they have incredibly sensitive skin and eyes. Orc soldiers get slaughtered en masse, but the leading cause of orc death? Skin cancer. Just look at Gothmog! Or that sergeant in Mordor whose nose had rotted off!

Not magic at all; Sauron's belching black cloud was literally to "ease" them. Give them a little shade and cut down that UV damage. I appreciate a bit of overcast myself!

They move more slowly in the sunlight because they feel their skin sizzling, and their vision is cut in half - it pays to be more cautious when your vision is reduced.

Azog's efficiency during daylight is no fluke - the Wargs are doing all the work, using their eyes and noses and speed.

(This post was edited by Retro315 on Jul 27 2014, 8:21pm)

ChrizFox89

Jul 27 2014, 8:20pm

Post #33 of 84 (934 views)
Shortcut
Better/wider version on WarnerUK [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF7B-K8M6qo

Name
Rohan

Jul 27 2014, 8:23pm

Post #34 of 84 (824 views)
Shortcut
Take note of the fact [In reply to] Can't Post

That when Gandalf turns, the person (elf?) to the right of his shoulder seems to have a bow raised to shoot. Kinda interesting.

EDIT: ok, lol, just saw the wider version. Wow-e-wow-wow.

All I can think of is Gandalf the White's "VOLLEY!" Line from RotK.

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

(This post was edited by Name on Jul 27 2014, 8:27pm)

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 27 2014, 8:24pm

Post #35 of 84 (780 views)
Shortcut
This is exactly what I want [In reply to] Can't Post

And I believe that's exactly what PJ will give us.

The battle itself is going to be an exceptionally splendid emotional rollercoaster, let alone the entire movie.

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

Name
Rohan

Jul 27 2014, 8:30pm

Post #36 of 84 (826 views)
Shortcut
I'm gonna say it now [In reply to] Can't Post

That looks like LotR. Color grading, and CGI, wow! Looks like the finished film already!

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 27 2014, 8:34pm

Post #37 of 84 (790 views)
Shortcut
Azog's non-existent wardrobe [In reply to] Can't Post

*Sigh*

I'm a little disappointed myself that Azog couldn't find anything new to wear for this iconic battle.

I was really hoping that all of the main characters (antagonists included) would put on their best war attire.

Is it a good thing? Bad thing? Doesn't matter?

Any thoughts guys?

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Jul 27 2014, 8:42pm)

Bernhardina
Rohan

Jul 27 2014, 8:36pm

Post #38 of 84 (754 views)
Shortcut
I agree!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope they stick to this colour grading. It looks ALOT like Fellowship, which is a good thing Smile

(This post was edited by Bernhardina on Jul 27 2014, 8:38pm)

Bernhardina
Rohan

Jul 27 2014, 8:37pm

Post #39 of 84 (745 views)
Shortcut
What a shame [In reply to] Can't Post

I would have loved it if they put some armor on that orc, but I guess he is too conceited to wear something Crazy

(This post was edited by Bernhardina on Jul 27 2014, 8:38pm)

Shagrat
Gondor

Jul 27 2014, 8:40pm

Post #40 of 84 (703 views)
Shortcut
You never know [In reply to] Can't Post

The Orc army might not go straight into battle from this shot, and Azog may yet have time to put on something before it all kicks off.

Kim
Valinor

Jul 27 2014, 8:42pm

Post #41 of 84 (735 views)
Shortcut
Oh wow [In reply to] Can't Post

You can see so much more in this version, thanks for posting! Most of the dwarves behind Bilbo, several elves behind Gandalf with their bows drawn, the men of Lake-town behind Bard (and he with a sword!). Can't wait til tomorrow! Shocked

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 27 2014, 8:43pm

Post #42 of 84 (673 views)
Shortcut
I hope you're right // [In reply to] Can't Post

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 27 2014, 8:45pm

Post #43 of 84 (677 views)
Shortcut
Ha! - Too conceited for his own good // [In reply to] Can't Post

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 27 2014, 8:47pm

Post #44 of 84 (690 views)
Shortcut
Yes... they really seem to look up to something. Bats? [In reply to] Can't Post

I was not sure... but on the pictures of the final part of the scroll I thought there could be a big black wing.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jul 27 2014, 8:51pm

Post #45 of 84 (663 views)
Shortcut
I would have preferred to see him in armor [In reply to] Can't Post

Being so pale he already looks out of place (not because of the CGI).

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 27 2014, 8:53pm

Post #46 of 84 (671 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps it's Thorin [In reply to] Can't Post

On the balcony?Crazy

You know, that place where he saves Balin from dragon fire in the AUJ prologue.

Maybe at this point he's gone mad and he's threatening all of them and that particular elf wants to shut him up?

Unsure

Rickster
Rohan

Jul 27 2014, 8:53pm

Post #47 of 84 (651 views)
Shortcut
finally [In reply to] Can't Post

It took a plea from an old man
But finally we get something
We wonder why it had to last this long
but alas.. I love Gandalf and his surprised look.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jul 27 2014, 9:00pm

Post #48 of 84 (658 views)
Shortcut
Not only the men of Laketown! [In reply to] Can't Post

Several women in the background as well. I'm glad they get to join in on the action Smile

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Jul 27 2014, 9:11pm

Post #49 of 84 (590 views)
Shortcut
think back on it [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe given these changes in the Hobbit story the context of that line should now be "Remember how bad Azog and his army was? this one is just as bad if not worse." that's how I see it now

Moahunter
Rohan

Jul 27 2014, 9:18pm

Post #50 of 84 (593 views)
Shortcut
I assume that shot is in Dale...... [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like Bard is wearing that blue coat again.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.