Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
THE BATTLE OF THE FIFTH TRAILER (ComicCon Hobbit Updates!!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 26 2014, 8:15pm

Post #151 of 194 (2220 views)
Shortcut
obviously [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Sylvester McCoy? Why his name isn't in the credits? I was expecting Radagast would have a major role in the 3rd film?

I had a feeling before that his role wouldnt be much bigger than in DOS, quite a let down...

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 26 2014, 8:15pm

Post #152 of 194 (2243 views)
Shortcut
It's all about marketing. [In reply to] Can't Post

And not an exhaustive list of all actors in the film. They usually list the main characters, plus the big stars of the movie. Sylvester McCoy wasn't listed for DOS either.

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Jul 26 2014, 8:17pm

Post #153 of 194 (2203 views)
Shortcut
In the meantime... [In reply to] Can't Post

...this is pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZbKh5H0-DM

-Smaug opening his eyes at the Weta Booth.

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

The Grey Pilgrim
Lorien

Jul 26 2014, 8:18pm

Post #154 of 194 (2278 views)
Shortcut
Warner Bros. UK channel on youtube just posted the Fan contest video [In reply to] Can't Post

Gearing up for the trailer later today?!

cats16
Half-elven

Jul 26 2014, 8:21pm

Post #155 of 194 (2177 views)
Shortcut
*gasp* [In reply to] Can't Post

So you're telling me that this "Official BOTFA Script" I found on this guy's blog isn't the real thing?! This changes everything.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 26 2014, 8:29pm

Post #156 of 194 (2124 views)
Shortcut
Update from Peter Jackson re: Fan Fellowship contest page [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys. We're aware there's an issue with the Fan Fellowship contest page... Goblins in the servers!! We'll get it up and running very soon. Thanks for your patience. Cheers, Peter J

Source

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 26 2014, 8:29pm

Post #157 of 194 (2091 views)
Shortcut
You could start a new thread on this if you like [In reply to] Can't Post

It's clearly a different topic and it might be nice for it to stand out more. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Jul 26 2014, 8:35pm

Post #158 of 194 (2258 views)
Shortcut
Warner Bros. France YouTube channel has a tab on the top titled "The Hobbit"? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing happens when I click it, but it's interesting that they have a separate section just for The Hobbit.

Meaning behind it??

https://www.youtube.com/...rBrosFrance/featured

"Only, you've never done a hard day's work." - Merry

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 26 2014, 8:35pm

Post #159 of 194 (2003 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

And for me at least, a line such as that deserves the depths these actors have brought to the screenHeartHeartHeart. The only one I haven't loved so far is the "war or not" line which to me - and even Thorin's answer - while appropriate IMO isn't novel as far as movie lines go.

BUT - I haven't seen this in context, and last summer fussed over some script lines re Tauriel that I didn't think much of, and it was fine, in context. I need to see the actual scene. Not to mention who knows what PJ will do for the final cut *cough* Thrain *coughWink.

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 26 2014, 8:40pm

Post #160 of 194 (1977 views)
Shortcut
We wants one, preciousssssss [In reply to] Can't Post

Great view, thank you!!!

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 26 2014, 8:45pm

Post #161 of 194 (1964 views)
Shortcut
is sunday [In reply to] Can't Post

a day were trailers/teasers appear online or is that quite unlikely ?Crazy

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 26 2014, 9:09pm

Post #162 of 194 (1747 views)
Shortcut
really struggeling [In reply to] Can't Post

going to bed now...getting up every second to have a look at my tablet if something has happened..

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 26 2014, 9:18pm

Post #163 of 194 (1673 views)
Shortcut
I think you can go to bed... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I doubt anything will happen today, or tomorrow.

I wonder why they did not upload the new banner though... Would be better than letting the low quality photos circle .

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jul 26 2014, 9:24pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 26 2014, 9:24pm

Post #164 of 194 (1646 views)
Shortcut
WHO is THE Biggest Fan? [In reply to] Can't Post

LITTL'...OLBomby,
of course

VOTE Bomby......

"Before"
he SAIL...zz
into the Undying lands
to Join his..... Goldberry"
who izz ............already there

(48 years izz a long time to WAIT..... for this Movie)

Bomby needz to sprinkle her ashes under Bilbo's Party Tree

"It's a Promise ...Bomby NEEDzz... to keep"

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Jul 26 2014, 9:25pm)

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 26 2014, 9:42pm

Post #165 of 194 (1563 views)
Shortcut
what is meant by [In reply to] Can't Post

"We see an ice chariot" in the TORN-trailer describtion ?!
Because its refered to Gandalf and probably Dol Guldur, but what does it mean ?!

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jul 26 2014, 9:53pm

Post #166 of 194 (1526 views)
Shortcut
ice chariot [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe the ice chariot is whatever Galadriel rides in to Dol Guldur. Hopefully it's pulled by giant bunnies.

Finrod
Rohan

Jul 26 2014, 10:28pm

Post #167 of 194 (1362 views)
Shortcut
Bring me ring of sapphire blue! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Maybe the ice chariot is whatever Galadriel rides in to Dol Guldur. Hopefully it's pulled by giant bunnies.

Bring me my ring of sapphire blue!
Bring me my arrows sharpened twice!
Bring me my spear! O clouds, unglue!
Bring me my chariot of ice!

…all eyes looked upon the ring; for he held it now aloft, and the green jewels gleamed there that the Noldor had devised in Valinor. For this ring was like to twin serpents, whose eyes were emeralds, and their heads met beneath a crown of golden flowers, that the one upheld and the other devoured; that was the badge of Finarfin and his house.
The Silmarillion, pp 150-151
while Felagund laughs beneath the trees
in Valinor and comes no more
to this grey world of tears and war.
The Lays of Beleriand, p 311

(This post was edited by Finrod on Jul 26 2014, 10:28pm)

Glorfindela
Valinor

Jul 26 2014, 10:37pm

Post #168 of 194 (1297 views)
Shortcut
Re: 'Disagree with Sir Jackson' [In reply to] Can't Post

By the way, you never call people 'Sir Jackson', 'Sir McKellen', etc. 'Sir Peter', 'Sir Ian', etc., is the correct form.

(Work in publishing, so couldn't resist that.)Tongue

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 26 2014, 10:38pm

Post #169 of 194 (1435 views)
Shortcut
WC [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/...#fOmKusBYsAxqPDCA.99

Since on Twitter some people complained about the lack of Elrond and Saruman in the banner, they are there. Just harder to spot behind Gandalf and Galadriel .

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Name
Rohan

Jul 26 2014, 10:39pm

Post #170 of 194 (1288 views)
Shortcut
Are those Tolkien's words? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a little confused Blush

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

Dragonrnbw
Rivendell

Jul 26 2014, 10:46pm

Post #171 of 194 (1272 views)
Shortcut
Monday? Like HG [In reply to] Can't Post

The New Hunger Games trailer was shown at CC and it was announced that it will be released online Monday. I wonder if that is when we will see our trailer.
And I wish someone would explain to me why our trailer’s release date is a secret?? CrazyWhat is the big deal of saying "It will be released on ____".
I can understanding not wanting to give a date when the trailer isn't complete but once it's finished???
Unsure

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 26 2014, 10:51pm

Post #172 of 194 (1376 views)
Shortcut
Is that Thranduil on a war elk I see? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it is!Wink

"Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream,

I am a dreamer, take me higher
Open the sky up, start a fire
I believe even if it's just a dream"
~"Dreamer" by Bethany Dillon

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 26 2014, 10:52pm

Post #173 of 194 (1228 views)
Shortcut
HG... [In reply to] Can't Post

... is because of some exclusive deal with Samsung though.

However, I think our teaser could also be kept back another few days in order to let those who made it to SDCC have something special for a little while.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jul 26 2014, 10:52pm

Post #174 of 194 (1256 views)
Shortcut
Monday is what I've been told [In reply to] Can't Post

By the people in charge of trailer distribution here in Norway.

Dragonrnbw
Rivendell

Jul 26 2014, 10:58pm

Post #175 of 194 (1225 views)
Shortcut
not trying to sound bad.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Not to sound ill but…they got the blooper reels, to see and possibly meet several of the cast members, and to see the trailer first….isn’t that enough?
In all honesty if I was able to go to CC I would not begrudge fans seeing the same trailer I saw. In fact the first thing I would want to do (and will do) after seeing the trailer is to…SEE IT AGAIN!!!! Wink

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.