Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
THE BATTLE OF THE FIFTH TRAILER (ComicCon Hobbit Updates!!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 26 2014, 11:07pm

Post #176 of 194 (1166 views)
Shortcut
The downside... [In reply to] Can't Post

... certainly is that other movies with actual footage are getting much more media coverage (Wonder Woman, Skull Island, etc.)

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Barrel_Rider
The Shire

Jul 27 2014, 12:12am

Post #177 of 194 (1057 views)
Shortcut
I'm so discourged [In reply to] Can't Post

It's almost August and we still don't get to see the Trailer, I REALLY hope we get it by next week.

Name
Rohan

Jul 27 2014, 1:16am

Post #178 of 194 (1034 views)
Shortcut
Button Lady [In reply to] Can't Post

BC saying "Button Lady in Smaug's voice http://youtu.be/nW9N5VcEY1I

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

(This post was edited by Name on Jul 27 2014, 1:17am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 27 2014, 3:32am

Post #179 of 194 (893 views)
Shortcut
*yay* In your favorite pose too [In reply to] Can't Post

Back to cam

Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), Two, Three, Four new! posted 16 Jul

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 27 2014, 3:38am

Post #180 of 194 (898 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for starting this thread, Mr Arkenstone [In reply to] Can't Post

Loved every bit, except the no-livecast and no trailer or gag reel for those of us who aren't there. I do wish Tauriel getting not only a frontal but also a bigger image than Thranduil in that poster doesn't mean she's again getting more lines and screen time than the Elvenking in DOS Frown

Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), Two, Three, Four new! posted 16 Jul

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 27 2014, 7:23am

Post #181 of 194 (771 views)
Shortcut
Why discouraged? [In reply to] Can't Post

We're still in July and the film won't be out until December. That's almost half a year away. We're making progress - at least we know there IS a trailer, and it's been shown to the folk at Comic-Con who paid and queued for the chance. And they seem to have enjoyed it. Whichever way you look, that's hugely, enormously, dragon-sizedly encouraging!

So cheer up - half the pleasure is in the waiting Smile

Rickster
Rohan

Jul 27 2014, 8:37am

Post #182 of 194 (716 views)
Shortcut
pleasure in waiting [In reply to] Can't Post

The words of a young man obviously
For some there is not much time left in this world
And half a year is for some nothing and for others a 1.000 years

We need to see something. This is not good for my fragile body

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 27 2014, 9:54am

Post #183 of 194 (691 views)
Shortcut
NDA [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder if there is still some sort of NDA... I saw some pictures of interviews IGN and others have done with the cast but none of them can be found online, yet (I know there are some with Evangeline Lilly, however, she did not say anything really new regarding TH and was mainly speaking about her book).

Those panels can surely lead to funny mix-ups... since PJ talked about the potential for new LotR scenes, some already tweet about unused LotR footage in Bot5A CrazyWink

I think there might be a deal with SDCC to leave the new footage shown there under wraps until the Convention is over.... so far, a lot of trailers shown in Hall H have not been made public, yet (and the same impatience witnessed here can be seen at DC, Marvel and other boards right now ;) ).

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jul 27 2014, 9:55am)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 27 2014, 10:24am

Post #184 of 194 (642 views)
Shortcut
HAHAHAHA I LOVEEE THIS! [In reply to] Can't Post

THANKSSmile

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 27 2014, 10:26am

Post #185 of 194 (638 views)
Shortcut
its has been one of my best times in TORN so itīs my pleasure [In reply to] Can't Post

what en evening!Tongue

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 27 2014, 10:48am

Post #186 of 194 (621 views)
Shortcut
A young man? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wrong on both counts, I'm afraid! Wink

None of us need to see something. We may want to, but that's different entirely.

macfalk
Valinor

Jul 27 2014, 11:47am

Post #187 of 194 (624 views)
Shortcut
What I need to know now is... [In reply to] Can't Post

When do we mortals get ahold of the bloody trailer? Argh! Cool

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 27 2014, 11:50am

Post #188 of 194 (620 views)
Shortcut
tihs is the answer [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_274z9AO6Q8

Smile

Finrod
Rohan

Jul 27 2014, 2:43pm

Post #189 of 194 (528 views)
Shortcut
Chariots of Ice and Fire [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Are those Tolkienís words? Iím a little confused Blush

The question was asked:

In Reply To
Maybe the ice chariot is whatever Galadriel rides in to Dol Guldur.

And I answered with:

Bring me my ring of sapphire blue!
Bring me my arrows sharpened twice!
Bring me my spear! O clouds, unglue!
Bring me my chariot of ice!

Because I was riffing on William Blakeís famous verse about Englandís green and pleasant land, the one that begins ďAnd did those feet in ancient time / Walk upon England's mountains green?Ē, and in particular, upon this portion of it:

Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire!

So as you see ó and with apologies to George RR Martin :) ó it was a Riff of Ice and Fire.

…all eyes looked upon the ring; for he held it now aloft, and the green jewels gleamed there that the Noldor had devised in Valinor. For this ring was like to twin serpents, whose eyes were emeralds, and their heads met beneath a crown of golden flowers, that the one upheld and the other devoured; that was the badge of Finarfin and his house.
The Silmarillion, pp 150-151
while Felagund laughs beneath the trees
in Valinor and comes no more
to this grey world of tears and war.
The Lays of Beleriand, p 311

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 27 2014, 3:23pm

Post #190 of 194 (513 views)
Shortcut
I'm guessing the chariot isn't actually made of ice. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just as Elrond's rune table turned out to be a crytal rather than ice. When we first saw the table (Sep 2012), some presumed it was a chunk of ice because of it's appearance.

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Jul 27 2014, 3:23pm)

Aitieuriskon
Lorien

Jul 27 2014, 5:20pm

Post #191 of 194 (473 views)
Shortcut
Love this [In reply to] Can't Post

Wasn't lost on all of us Wink

"After all, I believe that legends and myths are largely made of 'truth', and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear." Professor Tolkien, 1951

Aitieuriskon
Lorien

Jul 27 2014, 5:22pm

Post #192 of 194 (474 views)
Shortcut
Article on main [In reply to] Can't Post

One of the trailer descriptions on main mentions that it is in fact a chariot/wagon full of dwarves being pulled by giant rams across an expanse of ice and pursued by wargs, thus the confusion.

"After all, I believe that legends and myths are largely made of 'truth', and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear." Professor Tolkien, 1951

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 9:21am

Post #193 of 194 (383 views)
Shortcut
Why? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I wish somebody would ask yesterday Jim Rygiel about bad CGI in arriving at Mirkwood, the whole Mirkwood entrance and camera from Mirkwood to the characters on the field.

Back to the topic...

That would be weird seeing as Jim Rygiel isn't working on The Hobbit.

Name
Rohan

Jul 28 2014, 1:23pm

Post #194 of 194 (369 views)
Shortcut
Ahhh Ok [In reply to] Can't Post

I feel stupid now. Crazy

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.