The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Last ADR for William Kircher/Bifur in Wellington

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Jul 26 2014, 3:32pm

Post #1 of 7 (824 views)
Shortcut
Last ADR for William Kircher/Bifur in Wellington Can't Post

Yesterday William Kircher posted on his FB page that he's in for his last ADR (Additional Dialogue Recording) for the Hobbit. When asked by a fan if these are for BOTFA or the DOS EE he answered that it's for both of them. Obviously he has at least some kind of lines in BOFA. Perhaps not only battle crys. All in Khuzdûl I suppose. In the end I still hope that he's going to have his revenge on that Orc who put that axe into his head but I guess that's not going to happen... but who knows?

"Am here right now at Park Road Post doing my final ADR for The Hobbit - it's secret squirrel from me, but you can try guessing what I might say! Love to all Willliam xx"

Source: https://www.facebook.com/...cher/127653704064060

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Gandalf the Green
Rivendell

Jul 26 2014, 5:06pm

Post #2 of 7 (511 views)
Shortcut
Backstory [In reply to] Can't Post

Some backstory for Bifur would be nice.
That's what they could've done without all the Tauriel stuff - they could've given more backstory to each of the existing dwarves, including Bifur and the history of his embedded axe...

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 26 2014, 5:09pm

Post #3 of 7 (506 views)
Shortcut
Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai menu! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

IdrilofGondolin
Rohan

Jul 26 2014, 8:22pm

Post #4 of 7 (431 views)
Shortcut
Yes, please! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Cool

Have been waiting for this since AUJSmile

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 26 2014, 8:26pm

Post #5 of 7 (442 views)
Shortcut
I've always wondered ... [In reply to] Can't Post

If Bifur would be healed from his injury. Way back in an interview with EMPIRE in 2012, Kircher said:

"I only speak in Dwarvish - it's because of the axe. But something happens...can't say any more. The backstory for my character is that once he was a reasonably okay guy but unfortunately he's turned into a bit of a maniac."

The part I emphasised is what makes me think this. Crazy speculation - could Thranduil, Elrond, Tauriel or Galadriel heal him after the BO5A?

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 27 2014, 9:38am

Post #6 of 7 (364 views)
Shortcut
DLB... Bomby believes you...are... "ON to Something!" [In reply to] Can't Post

Healing Bifur?.. would make
Any "Conflct Victims"
in the Audience

CHEER...

Whether they were maimed in a
WAR...or ANY local Protest against Any...HATE..

In Any
Part of our
PRESENT DAY..world..

Healing? Bifur would be Beautiful, to seeeeee...
(Tears),
Thanks for this idea

Bomby ( A Veteran )

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Jul 27 2014, 12:46pm

Post #7 of 7 (354 views)
Shortcut
Maybe someone or even he... [In reply to] Can't Post

pulls out the axe to save the day at the last minute to find he can talk in the common tongue again. That could be a funny moment. Only, if it's a dwarf, which dwarf would be the one to pull the axe from the skull?

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.