Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
Is there any photo were we can see Aragorn´s face in that deleted scene when he meets Arwen at Lothlorien?

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 26 2014, 1:37pm

Post #1 of 13 (978 views)
Shortcut
Is there any photo were we can see Aragorn´s face in that deleted scene when he meets Arwen at Lothlorien? Can't Post

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 26 2014, 2:27pm

Post #2 of 13 (826 views)
Shortcut
The best I could find [In reply to] Can't Post

Click me!

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 26 2014, 2:50pm

Post #3 of 13 (743 views)
Shortcut
Yeah I know this one [In reply to] Can't Post

but it seems Viggo´s double I dont know why for sure, its the nose or something. Also Ii found images of a scene where the four hobbits meet Arwen in Rivendell, I think is previous to Frodo seeing Bilbo. WHY they quit this scene????Crazy

Thanks anyway for the image Black ZorroHeart

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 26 2014, 2:58pm

Post #4 of 13 (719 views)
Shortcut
No hay de qué. :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 26 2014, 3:11pm

Post #5 of 13 (718 views)
Shortcut
Oh bravo! [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 26 2014, 3:30pm

Post #6 of 13 (715 views)
Shortcut
BlackFox drew from grammaboodawg's collection [In reply to] Can't Post

and I suspect she has the most complete collection of anyone out there of images from unused scenes.

I am a dedicated hobby researcher and if I were researching for this image, I'd give up after looking through her collection. Just because the time I'd spending looking further would have a very low probability of success. And I don't give up easily.

fwiw. :-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 26 2014, 3:41pm

Post #7 of 13 (706 views)
Shortcut
Yeah I have seen it but nothing clear about Aragorn´s looks [In reply to] Can't Post

What a pittyFrown

Kristin Thompson
Rohan

Jul 27 2014, 6:08pm

Post #8 of 13 (675 views)
Shortcut
Peter mentioned this scene in the Hall H panel yesterday [In reply to] Can't Post

A fan asked whether there would ultimately be an even longer extended edition of LOTR. Peter mentioned that this scene between young Aragorn and Arwen had been shot. He said that Aragorn looked about 12 years old, and that without the use of CGI to de-age him. 9He seemed to suggest that he was attributing this to Viggo's great acting ability.) This suggests that Viggo played Aragorn in the scene (though possibly his double stood in for the reverse shots, as the one linked.

IdrilLalaith
Rivendell

Jul 27 2014, 6:51pm

Post #9 of 13 (659 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn at 12? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm confused. Do you know if there's a transcript/video of this anywhere?

TolkienBlog.com

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 27 2014, 7:20pm

Post #10 of 13 (646 views)
Shortcut
I don't think that he meant that literally [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Aragorn at 12?

Aragorn never met Arwen until he had reached twenty years of age. I think that Jackson was just complementing Viggo on his performance.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

IdrilLalaith
Rivendell

Jul 27 2014, 8:36pm

Post #11 of 13 (638 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, that's why I was confused [In reply to] Can't Post

It wouldn't have surprised me all that much if Jackson decided to change things and have Aragorn and Arwen meet when Aragorn was a kid. Obviously, if Viggo played him, that wouldn't have worked.

TolkienBlog.com

Kristin Thompson
Rohan

Jul 27 2014, 11:08pm

Post #12 of 13 (639 views)
Shortcut
Right [In reply to] Can't Post

Peter just meant that Viggo looked remarkably young in that scene, without benefit of CGI, and he was just exaggerating.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 28 2014, 3:45am

Post #13 of 13 (677 views)
Shortcut
Of all the yet to be seen scenes [In reply to] Can't Post

this is the one that I most wish to see. I really hope that PJ wasn't just being coy for the sake of it at Comic-con. I'm hoping there are plans for this scene (at least) to be released soon.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.