First Poster released
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 23 2014, 11:58pm

Post #76 of 129 (967 views)
Shortcut
I don't think he's flying. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think he's walking on and crushing those houses - similar to how he walked/dragged himself through Erebor while a-hunting dwarves.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 23 2014, 11:59pm

Post #77 of 129 (954 views)
Shortcut
Thanks so much! [In reply to] Can't Post

I had a very long and tiring day at work and was frustrated when I got home and logging on and seeing this made my day completely better! Love the poster it looks great!

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 24 2014, 12:03am

Post #78 of 129 (968 views)
Shortcut
LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know, I know; I should have jumped through a window immediately after laying my eyes upon such a cool poster.Laugh

But, unfortunately, it failed to get a spastically joyous reaction out of me.Unsure

I'm hoping that the teaser trailer will induce all sorts of jerky movements and unfettered exclamations.Wink

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

AshNazg
Gondor

Jul 24 2014, 12:06am

Post #79 of 129 (968 views)
Shortcut
Does this do anything for you? [In reply to] Can't Post

https://vine.co/v/M29v79Mx0Mt

Weta's Comic-con booth

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Jul 24 2014, 12:08am

Post #80 of 129 (986 views)
Shortcut
I feel left out... [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean, I like the design. It's a good poster. I'm just not feeling blown away like you guys though. Part of it, I think, is that I'm not yet really hyped up for the movie (it's been so quiet all year), and yeah - I wish Bilbo was somewhere on the cover, sue me.

Given the title of the film, I would have liked to see something to the effect of Bilbo standing in the foreground, facing massed armies battling in the back ground (ala the Orcs and soldiers in the Two Towers teaser poster).

Anyway, I'll just be over here in the corner. With my party of one. Evil

Wink

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 24 2014, 12:12am

Post #81 of 129 (953 views)
Shortcut
*Grins and nods* [In reply to] Can't Post

Just saw that in the other thread.

Thanks for showing that to me, AshNazg.Sly

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 24 2014, 12:22am

Post #82 of 129 (966 views)
Shortcut
I was in the corner first, but there's room for two [In reply to] Can't Post

My reaction was: "Meh".

It's several posts above yours.

In Reply To
I wish Bilbo was somewhere on the cover, sue me.

Me too.Evil

In Reply To
Given the title of the film, I would have liked to see something to the effect of Bilbo standing in the foreground, facing massed armies battling in the back ground

That would have been fitting and I probably would have been more pleased if that was the first poster to be released.

Oh well, there's more to come and this is still an appropriate poster to start the campaign.

The next one might involve the White Council at Dol Guldur and then after that we'll get the BOFA one that you described.

Going through the major set pieces in chronological order perhaps.

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Jul 24 2014, 12:30am)

Nira
Lorien

Jul 24 2014, 12:40am

Post #83 of 129 (942 views)
Shortcut
PERFECT!!! Yay! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

AshNazg
Gondor

Jul 24 2014, 12:44am

Post #84 of 129 (943 views)
Shortcut
I wonder if he damages his wing? [In reply to] Can't Post

And can't fly any more, so they remove the bridge but, unlike in the book, it's to trap him in the town... or something.

I know it's unlikely... I prefer impenetrable Smaug who gets hurt by nothing. But it's fun to speculate I guess.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 24 2014, 1:27am

Post #85 of 129 (926 views)
Shortcut
"I used to be a flying menace once, until I took an arrow to a wing." [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 24 2014, 1:42am

Post #86 of 129 (925 views)
Shortcut
LOL stop..... [In reply to] Can't Post

as well as an official theatrical poster (floating heads or something).

I keep seeing bubbles. Or bobble-heads.Cool

Name
Rohan

Jul 24 2014, 2:09am

Post #87 of 129 (917 views)
Shortcut
Yeah but it's Comic Con [In reply to] Can't Post

Lots of people there want to see Smaug, not Bilbo.

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 24 2014, 2:26am

Post #88 of 129 (909 views)
Shortcut
HOLD on? THAT izz ....Bomby in YOUR Video? [In reply to] Can't Post

YOU STOLD it?

Precious

WE HATES "AshNagzzzzzzz" ... forever?

(bomby UNLEASHED)

where did bomby LOSE his Cane?

Crazy

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Jul 24 2014, 2:28am)

cats16
Half-elven

Jul 24 2014, 5:07am

Post #89 of 129 (875 views)
Shortcut
Love it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Now I'm really itching for Saturday (well, Sunday here)!

Lissuin
Valinor

Jul 24 2014, 6:25am

Post #90 of 129 (866 views)
Shortcut
All I can say is [In reply to] Can't Post

that is some scary s#*+!
Shocked
YAY!
Smile

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Jul 24 2014, 6:33am

Post #91 of 129 (849 views)
Shortcut
That's what it looks like to me.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy! How could the structure support the weight of such a huge beast without collapsing into the water?

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Jul 24 2014, 6:37am

Post #92 of 129 (849 views)
Shortcut
You're not alone... [In reply to] Can't Post

Doesn't do it for me, either... I don't mind that it's Smaug and Lake-town, it's just the whole pose that seems wrong to me - I actually prefer the fan-made poster earlier in the thread!

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Fleuz
Lorien

Jul 24 2014, 7:13am

Post #93 of 129 (832 views)
Shortcut
Edit [In reply to] Can't Post

Here a wasted chance for some clicks:
http://s1.directupload.net/.../140724/qci4goa2.jpg

If this would have been uploaded, the Hobbit would become Number 1 at Twitter & Co... Cool

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 24 2014, 7:36am

Post #94 of 129 (823 views)
Shortcut
Great one :D [In reply to] Can't Post

But you forgot Legolas holding on to Smaug's tail! Evil

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

dubulous
Rohan

Jul 24 2014, 8:17am

Post #95 of 129 (796 views)
Shortcut
By far the best poster yet, both trilogies included // [In reply to] Can't Post

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 24 2014, 10:17am

Post #96 of 129 (781 views)
Shortcut
"(bomby UNLEASHED)" [In reply to] Can't Post

Bomby, Stop . . .

Now, whenever I read one of your posts,
I'm going to picture you as the elderly fella
with the cane who can bust a move.

And, I'll imagine you doing just that
every time you log-out.

Laugh

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Jul 24 2014, 10:24am)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 24 2014, 10:47am

Post #97 of 129 (802 views)
Shortcut
Apparently this poster contains spoilers... [In reply to] Can't Post

My girlfriend, who has not read the book, saw the poster and said "Oh so BARD kills Smaug?!" Mad

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 24 2014, 11:27am

Post #98 of 129 (770 views)
Shortcut
I think it is the kind of spoiler totally fine to use. [In reply to] Can't Post

There are strong hints in DoS afterall that it will be Bard who kills him in the end.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

adt100
Rohan

Jul 24 2014, 11:37am

Post #99 of 129 (755 views)
Shortcut
As long as it's better than the TTT floating head disaster! [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2014, 11:38am

Post #100 of 129 (760 views)
Shortcut
Well ... how did she find out ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Smaug died? That's a bigger spoiler. Wink

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.