Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
So powerful

cats16
Tol Eressea

Jul 24, 5:24am

Views: 110
Shortcut
So powerful [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Being a movie-firster, yes, I thought it was the end and they were going to die there. I thought the fade out with them on the rock was the end of the movie...quite a sad few seconds, until Gandalf came. CrazyCool

2. A good question! I think they now have a bond that few people have come to create with another person, being through a journey unimaginable to most of us. In the films, the class dynamic of their relationship seems present throughout, but not as apparent as it is in the books (to me, that is). The movies express this with the way Sam addresses Frodo ("Mister Frodo" and "Master"), with him coming to call him by his first name in the end (and only "Mr." in the way that social equals might do so in conversation). That's just a brief thought to a question worthy of many more words.

3. I see it as placing much more emphasis on Sam's role here, with Frodo actively aware of the importance Sam played, and greatly appreciative of it.

4. Tearing up just looking at the still image.

(I'm now reminded of something near this part I've always found interesting: Gandalf arrives with three Eagles; I presume the other was for Gollum, if he should have lived the destruction of the Ring. Nothing of great interest, but I find it a remarkable move by Gandalf nonetheless given everything we know at this point. Sorry for my wandering away from the topic at hand!! *slaps wrists*)

Subject User Time
Screencap of the Day -- I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee Arwen's daughter Send a private message to Arwen's daughter Jul 23, 9:41pm
    So powerful cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Jul 24, 5:24am
        An excellent point, cats! Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve Jul 24, 1:40pm
            Why, thank you! cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Jul 24, 11:31pm
    At the end of all things... Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve Jul 24, 1:53pm
    Thoughts Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Aug 3, 12:57pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.