Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Any chances for a "Battle for Middle-earth 3" game?

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Jul 23 2014, 7:40pm

Post #1 of 3 (4752 views)
Shortcut
Any chances for a "Battle for Middle-earth 3" game? Can't Post

In general I'm very disappointed about the Hobbit merchandise. To me it seems that only LEGO is willing to use this franchise to produce new products. This starts with action figures (yes Bridge Direct I'm looking at you) and ends with computer games. The only Hobbit related videogame (not counting the browser game "Armies of Middle-earth") was the Lego one. Yes we'll get "Shadows of Mordor" but where are the Hobbit games??

No Action RPG like "The Two Towers", "The Return of the King" or even better like "War in the North"? Although the Hobbit movies would have been perfect to be adapted as videogames (some viewers and critics even called them videogamish). At least one game where you fight your ways through Middle-earth on your way to Erebor.

No realtime strategie game. No "Battle for Middle-earth 3" yet. I really hope to have one since the last movie will focus on the titular battle and it's building up. Yes a lot of Hobbit-related maps already appeared in the second game (like Erebor, Dol Guldur or Mirkwood) but in the end they didn't have the movieverse look.
Four Armies, Four Fractions (I wanted five but didn't find one):

Elves
Armies: Elves of the Woodland Realm, Thranduils Palace Guard, Elves of Rivendell
Heroes: Thranduil, Legolas, Elrond, Tauriel, Galadriel, Lindir

Orcs
Armies: Orcs of Mount Gundabad, Goblins of Goblin-Town, Gundabad Wargs, Trolls, Spiders, Bats
Heroes: Azog, Bolg, Yazneg, Fimbul, Narzug, Goblin King

Dwarves
Armies: Erebor Dwarves, Dwarves of the Iron Mountains, the Company (except Thorin, Kili, Fili, Balin and Dwalin)
Heroes: Thorin, Dain, Kili, Fili, Balin, Dwalin

Men
Armies: Men of Lake-Town, Men of Dale, Animals of Beorn
Heroes: Bard, Bain, Girion, Gandalf, Bilbo, Beorn

Maps:
Trollshaws, Rivendell, Goblin-Town, Wilderland, Mirkwood, Desolation of Smaug, Lake-Town, Dol Guldur, Misty Mountains, Shire, Rhudaur, Gundabad (yes, I still hope to see it), Azanulbizar, Erebor, Dale (destroyed), Dale (in it's glory days), Woodland Realm, Long Lake, Lone Lands

If read somewhere that EA don't have the rights anymore... but perhaps someone of you heard something more hopeful?

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

LordotRings93
Rohan

Jul 23 2014, 9:17pm

Post #2 of 3 (4637 views)
Shortcut
Completely agree!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think a Hobbit game in the style of ROTK would've been perfect, just a hack n' slash where you go through multiple levels and pick your character (have Gandalf, Bilbo, all 13 dwarves, Legolas, Tauriel, Bard, etc..) A BFME3 would be perfect as well, including the armies of The Hobbit. The Hobbit merchandise has been lackluster, unfortunately, mainly in the action figure department. With LOTR, ToyBiz had tons of figures they were producing, and I remember going to my local Walmart and seeing them and buying them up. But with The Hobbit, we only have a handful of figures over 2 movies, and no stores are carrying them, except ToysRUS, and even they don't carry them most of the time. I hope after the third and final movie TBD produces more figures, including LOTR. If they just stop after BOTFA, I'll be disappointed. So much potential out of these figures, and I love the 3 3/4 line.

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies 12/17/14
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Bofur01
Lorien

Jul 24 2014, 7:08pm

Post #3 of 3 (4714 views)
Shortcut
EA lost the rights a while ago, and shut the servers down. [In reply to] Can't Post

There'll never be a bfme3.

But a Hobbit campaign mod for BFME2 is being worked on.Google "An Unexpected Mod" To find out more.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.