The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Star Trek-LOTR crossover/LOTR crosovers

Elciryamo
Rivendell

Jul 23 2014, 5:28am

Post #1 of 8 (536 views)
Shortcut
Star Trek-LOTR crossover/LOTR crosovers Can't Post

I am a huge Star Trek fan, in addition to being a LOTR fan. So, when I stumbled upon this piece on Deviant Art, my wife insisted that I share and I agree. Also, I would like to open this thread to any LOTR/other fantasy or scifi crossovers you would like to see :)

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Jul 23 2014, 10:17am)

Elarie
Grey Havens

Jul 23 2014, 12:01pm

Post #2 of 8 (499 views)
Shortcut
LOL - very good! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a Star Trek fan from way back and whenever I watch older movies I spend half my time saying, "Oh look, he was in the Star Trek episode about such and such", or "He played a Klingon in the episode about so and so". (It's probably very annoying.) And as much as I love most of the older series, I'm also very happy with the new movies and I think they've done a fantastic job of casting the roles. The actors are terrific and also the bridge of the new Enterprise is gorgeous. And speaking of crossovers - Eomer makes a great Dr. McCoy doesn't he? Smile

And once again the world has not arranged itself just for me.

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Jul 24 2014, 10:18pm

Post #3 of 8 (485 views)
Shortcut
<snert> I do enjoy crossovers! [In reply to] Can't Post

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jul 24 2014, 10:25pm

Post #4 of 8 (481 views)
Shortcut
I'm with ya! [In reply to] Can't Post

Love Star Trek! Just think of the pointy-ear jokes that could be made in a ST-ME crossover!

There's a ST:TNG/Doctor Who comic book set going now that my daughter, Beamer, is reading - it's interesting, but the story so far hasn't fulfilled the promise. Or maybe I just think Doctor 10 would be a whole lot better at it than Doctor 11. Wink

Other crossover ideas:
Dragonriders - Pern & Berk
Princess Bride & Middle Earth - Miracle Max and Gandalf operating in the same world would be priceless

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - traveling through Middle Earth with thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jul 24 2014, 10:30pm

Post #5 of 8 (487 views)
Shortcut
Not to mention... [In reply to] Can't Post

Emma Swann and Thor as Jim Kirk's parents
Madea as a Starfleet admiral

and, of course, there's Khan the Dragon Detective...

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - traveling through Middle Earth with thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit

Elciryamo
Rivendell

Jul 25 2014, 6:09am

Post #6 of 8 (480 views)
Shortcut
You forgot [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Emma Swann and Thor as Jim Kirk's parents
Madea as a Starfleet admiral

and, of course, there's Khan the Dragon Detective...

That Khan the Dragon Detective was first a Prime Minister.

Also, I personally would like to see some Elven JediCool

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jul 25 2014, 4:58pm

Post #7 of 8 (468 views)
Shortcut
Really? I wasn't aware of that one [In reply to] Can't Post

The first production I ever saw Benedict Cumberbatch in was a TV miniseries in Britain that was definitely not family viewing. He played a boyfriend who got dumped.

Elciryamo
Rivendell

Aug 2 2014, 4:14am

Post #8 of 8 (449 views)
Shortcut
Well, I don't know if it was his first [In reply to] Can't Post

But, he played a MP (member of Parliament) in "Amazing Grace" and ended up Prime Minister. That was when I first saw him.

I also think he was an excellent Khan.

In Reply To
The first production I ever saw Benedict Cumberbatch in was a TV miniseries in Britain that was definitely not family viewing. He played a boyfriend who got dumped.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.