I´m a bit dissapointed
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2014, 1:04pm

Post #1 of 29 (1518 views)
Shortcut
     I´m a bit dissapointed  

I hte to say this but I´m a bit dissapointed with TORN for releasing that twiter about something was to happen on Jjuly 20, or at least with the studio or whoever is responsible for that. Unless I misunderstood (wich is the most probably option) that twiter and it shouldnt have been taken as a confirmation that something was going to be released yesterday. If it was the Elrond in armour picture, come on, it´s been enough long time for only giving us that. Anyway, I´m suffering of an overexpectation, if that was the point of the merchandising campaing its working...

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Jul 21 2014, 1:07pm

Post #2 of 29 (890 views)
Shortcut
     What I think happened [In reply to]  

TORN got an inside anonymous note that the trailer would be released on July 20th. So they tweet and facebook about it. It didn't happen so either the source was lying or the studio decided that the trailer will be released another time.

Name
Rohan

Jul 21 2014, 1:08pm

Post #3 of 29 (806 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah [In reply to]  

It was a little careless on their part. Although I'd still like to know what made them so confident to post the July 20th thing AGAIN, since it was already taken down once before. You'd think they could take a hint.

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

(This post was edited by Name on Jul 21 2014, 1:08pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 21 2014, 1:48pm

Post #4 of 29 (682 views)
Shortcut
     Agreed. [In reply to]  

With every word.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Annatar598
Rohan

Jul 21 2014, 1:51pm

Post #5 of 29 (698 views)
Shortcut
     Page clicks! Likes! Comments! [In reply to]  

Welcome to the internet folks.

"[Annatar598] is an overzealous apologist [for PJ]" - Certain TORn member.

Really? Alright...

Well, proud to be one I guess.

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 21 2014, 1:53pm

Post #6 of 29 (712 views)
Shortcut
     If it's any consolation.... [In reply to]  

I bet they're kicking themselves for tweeting that, and probably a lot more disappointed than any of us.

I doubt if it had anything to do with official marketing. Just a 'source' that wasn't as good as it seemed.

adt100
Rohan

Jul 21 2014, 1:54pm

Post #7 of 29 (650 views)
Shortcut
     Double agreed, lol [In reply to]  

After the second 'july 20th' comment I honestly was expecting something, most likely maybe the teaser poster. That said, we all know that PJ and co are doing a Hobbit presentation at Comic Con this Saturday, so by then we WILL get the trailer surely (and may a few other titbits).

I think there's still a good chance we'll get something (either trailer of poster) before the weekend though.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2014, 1:54pm

Post #8 of 29 (655 views)
Shortcut
     That was my take as well [In reply to]  

it happens. No big deal.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2014, 1:55pm

Post #9 of 29 (654 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah the most probably scenario is that TORN has nothing to do except... [In reply to]  

for being mistaken by an untrustable source or something. This is getting grazy

macfalk
Valinor

Jul 21 2014, 2:13pm

Post #10 of 29 (610 views)
Shortcut
     Yeah, but [In reply to]  

If they weren't sure, they should have written that we "may" get something on the 20th. Their facebook page (which posted twice) seemed to be very very confident that something would happen that day. So you can't blame people for being dissapointed.

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 21 2014, 2:25pm

Post #11 of 29 (593 views)
Shortcut
     Things change [In reply to]  

I don't know who the source is/was but I have no doubt that if one of my fellow staffers got that information they were confident that it was going to happen. When they were told this was going to happen it was probably true but my guess is WB decided to use it at SDCC instead. We apologize for us being wrong in this instance but I do hope people will understand.

Noria
Gondor

Jul 21 2014, 2:26pm

Post #12 of 29 (581 views)
Shortcut
     They wouldn't have posted the rumour if the source hadn't seemed OK. [In reply to]  

But it wasn't and that's how it is. You can't win them all.

Honestly, I always thought a Sunday was an odd day for a release but I'm not really up on all that stuff.

The trailer will come when it comes and Comic Con is only days away now anyway.

Rickster
Rohan

Jul 21 2014, 2:28pm

Post #13 of 29 (602 views)
Shortcut
     very annoying [In reply to]  

and there is absolulutely no excuse for NOT to bring the trailer out now.
PJ seems to forget that we pay his house, his food and all that he has.
Not to show us more is inhumane. false and utterly wrong

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jul 21 2014, 2:34pm

Post #14 of 29 (593 views)
Shortcut
     fan service [In reply to]  

I think it's fair to say PJ has done more in the name of involving his fans in the experience of making these movies than any director in history and that goes for the actors who have volunteered their time and exposure as well. He turned the trailer over to WB two weeks ago and they are probably driving the boat. My guess PJ's efforts are 100% tied up in the movie as well as presenting at SDCC. TORN probably received some info they thought was reliable from someone who had produced legit inside info before and it just fell through. At the time they posted, it probably looked like it would happen.

I want info as much as anyone but whether it is PJ or TORN information, I am fairly sure the lack of any is not related to a lack of caring.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2014, 2:35pm

Post #15 of 29 (570 views)
Shortcut
     No no I understand perfectly I think TORN staff is suffering also THE TRAILER SICKNESS [In reply to]  

Tongue

Noria
Gondor

Jul 21 2014, 2:38pm

Post #16 of 29 (536 views)
Shortcut
     Perfectly said Ancalagon// [In reply to]  

(This post was edited by Noria on Jul 21 2014, 2:38pm)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2014, 2:38pm

Post #17 of 29 (577 views)
Shortcut
     NOT PJ´s fault [In reply to]  

Im almost sure of it, and yes he has been doing a lot to approach to fans, I appreciate that Im sure a bunch of people out there have decided to work on cinema industri because of his vlogs

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 21 2014, 2:40pm

Post #18 of 29 (535 views)
Shortcut
     Indeed [In reply to]  

We're looking forward to it a lot. I know I am. lol

Lindele
Gondor

Jul 21 2014, 2:41pm

Post #19 of 29 (548 views)
Shortcut
     i can only [In reply to]  

assume that this post was a joke...right?

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2014, 2:50pm

Post #20 of 29 (542 views)
Shortcut
     They seem to be aware of that... [In reply to]  

And they tweeted several hours ago that they were sorry for the hype when nothing happened.

Hey, I was disappointed too. I watched twitter and PJ's facebook page all day yesterday waiting for the trailer to pop up. Still, mistakes happen. Unreliable sources happen. I am patient. I can wait. I think...

"Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream,

I am a dreamer, take me higher
Open the sky up, start a fire
I believe even if it's just a dream"
~"Dreamer" by Bethany Dillon

macfalk
Valinor

Jul 21 2014, 2:57pm

Post #21 of 29 (524 views)
Shortcut
     A hundred years is a mere blink in the life of an elf! [In reply to]  

I am patient! I can wait! Cool

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 21 2014, 3:08pm

Post #22 of 29 (547 views)
Shortcut
     Trailer? Forget about that. [In reply to]  

I'm still waiting for the answers to the 20 questions!

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2014, 3:14pm

Post #23 of 29 (491 views)
Shortcut
     Good point! [In reply to]  

It has been a very long while, hasn't it??

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2014, 3:15pm

Post #24 of 29 (487 views)
Shortcut
     indeed!!! [In reply to]  

Wink

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 21 2014, 3:21pm

Post #25 of 29 (474 views)
Shortcut
     TORN very responsible IMO and re the buttterfly post *shrug* [In reply to]  

IMO TORn who has put quite carefully-sourced articles that I've seen snatched and reposted by other flighty "news" organizations is to be applauded, if anything. As I recall, TORn didn't SAY anything about a trailer, they said something that would make us sad - or something like that. That could be anything.

If things didn't pan out, it's true WB/PJ and others can be making release decisions and changes. Also from WB's perspective, a trailer is an advertisement and they are going to time their "commercials" for what they think is maximum return in December, not just for the Hobbit fans. If WB only cared about the Hobbit fans, their posters etc. wouldn't be so sloppy.Unsure

And BTW TORn has also some of the more interesting interviews, not just asking the same boring questions over and over.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.