The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Disappearing thread

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Jul 19 2014, 8:48pm

Post #1 of 9 (891 views)
Shortcut
Disappearing thread Can't Post

A thread was posted today on this board of a review of AUJ. Checking the forums again, it seems to have disappeared. I was wondering if anyone could explain where it went. Was it removed by mods, or did the poster take it down.

I'm wondering because I posted several responses which I'm not very happy have been removed forever. Do we think the original poster was the creator of the videos and wasn't happy with the responses they got?

(I don't mind if this thread gets taken down as long as I get to read some answers first).

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Jul 19 2014, 9:05pm

Post #2 of 9 (548 views)
Shortcut
Yes, me too... [In reply to] Can't Post

...though it's all too easy to jump to conclusions as to why it was taken down...

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 19 2014, 9:08pm

Post #3 of 9 (548 views)
Shortcut
A possible explanation [In reply to] Can't Post

It was posted both on Main and The Hobbit movie board, of which the admins were informed (see this thread on Feedback). It may have happened that both of these threads got accidentally deleted in an attempt to remove a duplicate.

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 19 2014, 9:47pm

Post #4 of 9 (537 views)
Shortcut
It was removed [In reply to] Can't Post

because it broke TORN's Terms of Service about not having a user name that contains the name of your business or website, and registering for the sole purpose of promoting your website. The board member has been invited to reregister with a different user name and encouraged to take part in discussions rather than posting to increase traffic to their website.

I'll move this thread to Feedback, where it's more appropriate.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Jul 19 2014, 10:59pm

Post #5 of 9 (464 views)
Shortcut
Great [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for putting in the 'feedback' forum (I didn't know it existed before).

However, it still appears in the 'The Hobbit Movie' forum with the title 'Moved:' . Will it remain there? It seems silly clogging up a thread space in that forum when it's been moved here.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 19 2014, 11:47pm

Post #6 of 9 (435 views)
Shortcut
We do that for others who might have the same question. [In reply to] Can't Post

Like you, not everyone knows about our Feedback forum, and if they saw the original thread, they might wonder where it went. Your post, that brings the reader here, will answer that question and avoid other post asking why the original thread was moved.

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 20 2014, 12:04am

Post #7 of 9 (428 views)
Shortcut
...and, eventually, we'll probably delete it [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I'd also mention that in some cases, if a moved thread is of general interest, we may end up leaving the pointer up permanently. Since the thread that was deleted is mostly of interest to the people who had already posted in it, we'll leave the pointer up for a day or so in case they wander by and wonder where their posts are. Past that time, we'll probably delete the pointer since it takes up a spot on the default number of threads that show up on Page 1 of each board.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

squire
Half-elven

Jul 20 2014, 12:56am

Post #8 of 9 (431 views)
Shortcut
Uh-huh [In reply to] Can't Post

‘Tell me,’ he said, ‘how soon will they shoot me?’

‘It might be a long time,’ said O’Brien. ‘You are a difficult case. But don’t give up hope. Everyone is cured sooner or later. In the end we shall shoot you.’

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Footeramas: The 3rd & 4th TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion and NOW the 1st BotR Discussion too! and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jul 20 2014, 3:03am

Post #9 of 9 (423 views)
Shortcut
"Under the spreading chestnut tree [In reply to] Can't Post

I sold you and you sold me..."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.