Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
San Diego Comic Con - Hobbit panel question (first time attendee)

LPUAdit
The Shire

Jul 18 2014, 8:39pm

Post #1 of 8 (605 views)
Shortcut
San Diego Comic Con - Hobbit panel question (first time attendee) Can't Post

Hey, I just had a question. This is my first time attending comic con and I obviously want to see the hobbit panel on Saturday morning.

My question is that what time will people roughly start lining up Friday evening for good seats? Thanks :)

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Jul 19 2014, 3:54am

Post #2 of 8 (497 views)
Shortcut
Probably on Thursday. if not before. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a huge hall, and everything scheduled for that hall is wildly popular. So they aren't just queuing for Hobbit, but for everything else. Once the hall opens, it will move till it fills, then move after every session. When I did this a couple of years ago, I just went to the first session in the hall and between every session moved up to a better seat.

LPUAdit
The Shire

Jul 19 2014, 10:15am

Post #3 of 8 (492 views)
Shortcut
2 days before? [In reply to] Can't Post

Panel is on Sunday! I don't think they allow you to line up for a panel two days before since there are panels for hall h in between as well.

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Jul 19 2014, 6:15pm

Post #4 of 8 (467 views)
Shortcut
You're right, probably not. [In reply to] Can't Post

I had forgotten it was on Sunday.

bruinen
Bree

Jul 19 2014, 8:18pm

Post #5 of 8 (479 views)
Shortcut
Eeeek - Jackson Panel is Saturday AM at 10 [In reply to] Can't Post

Good question--I had the same one!

I've been advised to be in line no later than 3 AM on Saturday AM...and the Toucan Blog has extra detail about line bracelets this year-which you can pick up on Friday night (some folks lining up at midnight...) but at least one person in your group has to stay in line. The question is HOW EARLY Friday will they start handing out bracelets?

Wristband Info http://www.comic-con.org/toucan/22sdcc-2014-introducing-toucan-tracker-wristbands-hall-h%E2%80%99s-first-panel-of-day

Program Schedule http://www.comic-con.org/cci/saturday

10:00am Warner Bros. Pictures Warner Bros. returns to Hall H with a look at three upcoming movies:

Jupiter Ascending - The first original science fiction film from filmmakers Lana and Andy Wachowski since their game-changing "Matrix" trilogy is an action adventure starring Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis. The story will take audiences from the streets of Chicago to the furthest galaxies of space, as Caine (Tatum), a genetically engineered ex-military hunter, arrives on Earth to track down Jupiter Jones (Kunis), a young woman whose genetic signature marks her for an extraordinary inheritance that could alter the balance of the cosmos. Written, directed and produced by the Wachowskis, with producer Grant Hill and many of their longstanding creative collaborators, the film, from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures, also stars Sean Bean, Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth, and Tuppence Middleton.

Mad Max: Fury Road - Seminal director George Miller returns to the post-apocalyptic universe he created three decades ago with the cultural phenomenon Mad Max. Tom Hardy reinvents Max Rockatansky in Mad Max: Fury Road, Miller's extraordinary new take on the legendary character for a new generation of fans. The film from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures, also stars Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Zoe Kravitz, Riley Keough, Hugh Keays-Byrne, and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies - This December, Oscar-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson will unleash the epic final film in The Hobbit Trilogy, based on the timeless masterpiece by J. R. R. Tolkien, from New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures. Bilbo's journey culminates in a desperate and dangerous choice as darkness converges on the Lonely Mountain, and the races of Dwarves, Elves, and Men must decide: unite or be destroyed. Ian McKellen returns as Gandalf the Grey, with Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins and Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield. The ensemble cast is led by Evangeline Lilly, Lee Pace, Luke Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch, Ken Stott, and James Nesbitt, with Cate Blanchett, Ian Holm, Christopher Lee, Hugo Weaving, and Orlando Bloom.
Saturday July 26, 2014 10:00am - 12:00pm
Hall H 1: Programs, Movies, Science Fiction & Fantasy

My Avatar: the desk Tolkien used when he wrote The Hobbit...now on display at Wheaton College.

LPUAdit
The Shire

Jul 20 2014, 2:32am

Post #6 of 8 (448 views)
Shortcut
Oops, my fault - Panel is on Saturday. [In reply to] Can't Post

I completely typed in Sunday by accident. I have others on sites such as reddit and many people have recommended that for good seats, 5-6pm on Friday is recommended.

bruinen
Bree

Jul 20 2014, 4:36am

Post #7 of 8 (467 views)
Shortcut
Line buddy [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you in a group? Most solo people are not going to be able to spend the night on the sidewalk with no facilities. I'm not sure why, once we get a line bracelet, we can't leave and return to the same color bracelet area. I'll be on site Wednesday and asking around about this...if I get better info, I'll try to post. Makes if awkward to attend the Laketown Luau AND have a spot in line on the other side of town.

There's also a replay event Saturday night, in case you don't get in...which will replay the panel but not any trailer of clips.

My Avatar: the desk Tolkien used when he wrote The Hobbit...now on display at Wheaton College.

LPUAdit
The Shire

Jul 20 2014, 4:54pm

Post #8 of 8 (515 views)
Shortcut
Going to be with my sister [In reply to] Can't Post

Yea I really hope by going early I can beat those groups! I will be with my younger sister but I'm probably going to get something like a book or so to pass the time. I think going by 5pm on Friday, you will be able to beat the groups and get a good seat.

If you want to look for me there, I'm a brown, skinny guy with glasses :p And I will be with my younger sister

(This post was edited by LPUAdit on Jul 20 2014, 4:58pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.