Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part VIII
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 17 2014, 5:23am

Post #1 of 207 (11200 views)
Shortcut
     Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part VIII  

The seventh Thranduil Appreciation Thread has just reached the post limit, so here's the eighth iteration.

Any and all appreciation of Thranduil and everything related to him happens here, so feel free to jump in at any time!
All Thranduil Thralls, or appreciating non-Thralls are welcome.Smile

The Thranduil Appreciation thread count:

I (Originating thread and II by Rowan Greene)
II
III (Threads III through VI by Lurker in the Mirk)
IV
V
VI
VII
(Thread by Eruvandi)

Credit goes to Eowyn of Penns Woods for the "official" Thranduil Thrall moniker.

Keeping track of the appreciation
Caught off-guard at how much you've missed? 1 simple click will ensure you won't miss another update again. Put this thread on watch! Locate the "Watch thread" button to the top and right of this post (button 3 of the 5 threads buttons you see) and click it.

Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), Two, Three, Four new

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jul 17 2014, 5:29am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 17 2014, 5:36am

Post #2 of 207 (9912 views)
Shortcut
     Fanart! [In reply to]  

Here's a lovely piece to start the thread

(Clickety, with additional pieces of that disagreeable Dwarf Tongue and the Hobbit)

Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), Two, Three, Four new! posted 16 Jul

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 17 2014, 9:44pm

Post #3 of 207 (9820 views)
Shortcut
     Woot woot! [In reply to]  

Number eight, wow! We sure do talk a lot!Wink

I don't have a whole lot of time right now, but I'll be totally be back later to continue the appreciation. Yay us! (Here's hoping the BotFA trailer comes really soon and will have some Thranduil stuff help us get to appreciation thread 9 and 10 in record time!)Angelic

"Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream,

I am a dreamer, take me higher
Open the sky up, start a fire
I believe even if it's just a dream"
~"Dreamer" by Bethany Dillon

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 17 2014, 10:51pm

Post #4 of 207 (9793 views)
Shortcut
     *snigger* [In reply to]  

His Majesty is puzzled....

Kim
Valinor

Jul 17 2014, 11:03pm

Post #5 of 207 (9861 views)
Shortcut
     Hey! [In reply to]  

Who are you calling disagreeable? Mad Well, I suppose I should thank you for linking to the nice fan art including the oh so Majestic one in this thread.

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

VeArkenstone
Lorien

Jul 17 2014, 11:21pm

Post #6 of 207 (9789 views)
Shortcut
     Have not been on for a while, but I just had this feeling that I would be [In reply to]  

be looking for VIII, not VII, I was right. Just went all the way through VII, and have a few comments/questions:

Thank you, Murk, for the info on the WETA tapestry! Going to order next week. Looked into some of the maps as well (I love maps!), but they are they are a little pricey and I will have to wait on those.

Murk, what missing Stag scene? And someone posted in VII that they can't wait to see the Elfs kill it, but what the "it" was, I do not know. Are the Elfs going to kill a Stag in DOS EE or BO5A? If they are, I just hope its not a white stag!

Eruvandi: I love Virginia as well, I lived there for about 10 years, I always had a job, was never bored, and traveled throughout the state quite a bit visiting Founding Fathers houses, Civil War battlefields, etc. That began my interest in history. It is my all time favorite place I have ever lived, and I would move back there in a heartbeat. I heard that Lee Pace has a house close to Virginia Beach but I cannot confirm that.

Kinslaying, and the Nolder, yes, this makes sense. And something really bad happened between Oropher and Gil-galad, who is Galadriel's brother, and he had a strong dislike (possibly hatred) for both of them. Hopefully, will have more time for reading over these next few weeks, both UT and the Sil!.

On Thranduil's fighting Dragon's in the North, I could have sworn I read something about that a long time ago, but do not remember where. Does anyone know anything about this?

Please, call me Ve.

(This post was edited by VeArkenstone on Jul 17 2014, 11:28pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 17 2014, 11:50pm

Post #7 of 207 (9797 views)
Shortcut
     LOL Kim dwarves get everywhere [In reply to]  

Behold the glory, celebrated in artwork around the globe, in all types of media. I think Lurker meant to say "most agreeable and fair of countenance is the glorious Heir of Durin, without whom Thranduil's long life is unbearably dull":

Tho I will say that artwork link was so nice, I looked it up - there's more ME stuff at the SOURCE (artist David Deb, who evidently has done some ME trading cards!!!!)
http://daviddeb.deviantart.com/art/Thorin-467258973

Love this!!!!HeartHeartHeart

Well, Ok, since this IS a Thranduil TA thread, and Thranduil is a WORTHY adversary (potential friend?) of Thorin's:

Which hopefully haven't been posted beforeUnsure

Kim
Valinor

Jul 18 2014, 5:12am

Post #8 of 207 (9756 views)
Shortcut
     Oh well that explains it [In reply to]  

I think Lurker meant to say "most agreeable and fair of countenance is the glorious Heir of Durin, without whom Thranduil's long life is unbearably dull":

Yes, that makes much more sense, especially in light of this wonderful new piece of artwork you've found - wow. And I guess those ones of Thranduil aren't too bad, if you like that sort of thing. Wink

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 18 2014, 10:33am

Post #9 of 207 (9775 views)
Shortcut
     To cheer you up, Eruvandi (Leggy + Thranddy) ...something from TA VII [In reply to]  

you might have missed it so here it is again Smile

"those photo shoots where kids swap clothes with their parents"

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII

Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), Two, Three, Four new! posted 16 Jul

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 18 2014, 10:43am

Post #10 of 207 (9729 views)
Shortcut
     Blasted scammin' dwarves [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 18 2014, 10:49am

Post #11 of 207 (9737 views)
Shortcut
     Uh... I suppose the questions were for me [In reply to]  

So here goes:

Murk, what missing Stag scene? And someone posted in VII that they can't wait to see the Elfs kill it, but what the "it" was, I do not know. Are the Elfs going to kill a Stag in DOS EE or BO5A? If they are, I just hope its not a white stag!

Ve, I think the missing Stag scene was from what we discussed in thread VI... here? I'm not sure I know what you're referring to about the killing though. Can you provide the link to the post where it was?

btw, call me Lurker, that's what the other Thralls do Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 18 2014, 10:51am

Post #12 of 207 (9725 views)
Shortcut
     *sniggles* [In reply to]  

Angelic you're welcome.

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jul 18 2014, 10:53am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 18 2014, 11:22am

Post #13 of 207 (9807 views)
Shortcut
     Evidently Dwarves are hard of hearing and poor of sight (actually fanart!) [In reply to]  

though that last piece of Thranduil is a nice find Smile

And of course for counter-balance in Thranduil's own appreciation thread HeartHeartHeart (it is though to find good fresh ones of the ElvenkingUnsure)

(wallpaper)

and some sniggers

... and since there's no getting away from the Disagreeable Dwarf's encroachment... just for Avandel's mental balance Tongue

*PSST: you checked your PMs yet?*

=======

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 19 2014, 12:02am

Post #14 of 207 (9672 views)
Shortcut
     :D [In reply to]  

Why do I suddenly feel the urge to say, Yo Thranduil! Wassup homie?Wink

Meanwhile Leggy looks gooooood in a suit!Blush

With a memory
That awakened a dream,

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 19 2014, 12:36am

Post #15 of 207 (9704 views)
Shortcut
     And yet...Thranduil feels a strange wistfulness... [In reply to]  

Shocked But at least Bilbo hath SmaugLaughSlyHeartHeartHeart

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 19 2014, 1:11am

Post #16 of 207 (9731 views)
Shortcut
     Do we get to pet Smaug too? [In reply to]  

Wink

With a memory
That awakened a dream,

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 19 2014, 1:42am

Post #17 of 207 (9744 views)
Shortcut
     *grins* Eruvandi, just for you [In reply to]  

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 20 2014, 12:36am

Post #18 of 207 (9631 views)
Shortcut
     Lol! // [In reply to]  

With a memory
That awakened a dream,

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 20 2014, 12:59am

Post #19 of 207 (9611 views)
Shortcut
     LOL Eruvandi - the Valar protects fangirls! [In reply to]  

I'm sure the they ducked in time. Probably. At least they are out of our kings' hair for the moment.Evil

But moths to the flame...Wink

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 20 2014, 2:16am

Post #20 of 207 (9629 views)
Shortcut
     Though reason quickly supplanted the strange wistfulness and he was himself again [In reply to]  

=======

Kerewyn
Rohan

Jul 20 2014, 6:49am

Post #21 of 207 (9619 views)
Shortcut
     Quality Fili time at Melbourne Comic Con [In reply to]  

Thralls, and visitors, I have finally posted my account of the above, and you can go straight to it here:
http://newboards.theonering.net/...?post=758690;#758690

Heart

'People don't know where I begin and latex ends, which has always been an ambition for me.' (Martin Freeman)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 20 2014, 7:04am

Post #22 of 207 (9669 views)
Shortcut
     *waves* Hi Kerewyn! [In reply to]  

Been busy? You've not been around much.

Read your report, and it's lovely! Thanks! Smile

=======

Kerewyn
Rohan

Jul 20 2014, 7:44am

Post #23 of 207 (9589 views)
Shortcut
     Hi - yes, was out of the house much of the weekend [In reply to]  

And time at home was a slow enjoyable getting to grips with the Sil's Ainulindale. Wink ...and just now, trying to figure out how posting to tumblr works. I am starting to see how the tags work... (and there I was, thinking it might work like Facebook - but where's the 'comments' tag?? Laugh )

On relevance note: looking at the SDCC line-up, looks like LP is not going to be in official attendance after all, unless he is a surprise drop-in. Wasn't there a hint a few months ago that he might be there?

'People don't know where I begin and latex ends, which has always been an ambition for me.' (Martin Freeman)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 20 2014, 8:04am

Post #24 of 207 (9697 views)
Shortcut
     Heh... I don't think I'll ever love tumblr [In reply to]  

but its serviceable. Smile the readalong is really humming along it seems.

On relevance note: looking at the SDCC line-up, looks like LP is not going to be in official attendance after all, unless he is a surprise drop-in. Wasn't there a hint a few months ago that he might be there?

Yup. Oh well, let's see then.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 20 2014, 8:09am

Post #25 of 207 (9636 views)
Shortcut
     Woodland Weekend extension: The Fall (addendum from TA VII) [In reply to]  

From the "Woodland Weekend extension: The Fall" subthread in TA VII, the writer of the "In Defense of Tarsem's The Fall" has written a follow-up, just as thoughtful too: More on Tarsem Singh’s The Fall: Beethoven, Back Braces and Blue Cities.

(This one's for Kerewyn Smile)

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jul 20 2014, 8:10am)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.