Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Would it be ok if I posted a SCOD Sign-up?

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 16 2014, 1:24pm

Post #1 of 10 (230 views)
Shortcut
Would it be ok if I posted a SCOD Sign-up? Can't Post

Hey folks I noticed One Ringer hasn't logged in since early June, and there was no sign-up schedule posted for July, so I sent him a PM asking if he'd like me to post some SCODs. He hasn't responded, so I checked through earlier posts to see if he mentioned he'd be off the boards. Sure enough back in April he posted in Fiesta on Off Topic and said he'd be very busy this summer. (And btw, busy with something totally awesome: filming an independent movie with his brother! How cool is that?!?! Congrats to One Ringer!!)

In the meantime - unless anyone else has been in contact with him? - should we continue with the rest of the ROTK SCOD? I know we're in discussions about whether to start it up again with FOTR, and we currently have a Title Contest series going on too. But we're really close to finishing ROTK, in the screencap library we only have 10 "parts" remaining to the end of the movie, so it would just be another month or so to finish it up. We've gotten our Hobbits all the way there, it would just be a shame to not get them back again Wink.

What say you all? I can post the sign-ups threads in One Ringer's absence (again, unless anyone's heard from him), or unless you want to wait, or just stop here, etc., whatever the consensus is. Thoughts, all?

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 16 2014, 1:30pm

Post #2 of 10 (143 views)
Shortcut
I say post it! // [In reply to] Can't Post

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 16 2014, 1:37pm

Post #3 of 10 (143 views)
Shortcut
It would not seem untoward at all to me // [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 16 2014, 1:44pm

Post #4 of 10 (139 views)
Shortcut
ok thanks! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 16 2014, 1:44pm

Post #5 of 10 (141 views)
Shortcut
ok will do thanks! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 16 2014, 1:50pm

Post #6 of 10 (140 views)
Shortcut
oh, and... thanks for stepping up! :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 16 2014, 1:53pm

Post #7 of 10 (139 views)
Shortcut
lol no problem, glad to help out ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jul 16 2014, 4:36pm

Post #8 of 10 (139 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Loresilme! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think there are about 5 of us left posting around here, but thanks for keeping SCOD going.

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 16 2014, 5:52pm

Post #9 of 10 (131 views)
Shortcut
No problem! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll leave the scheduling post up in case anyone wants to take one, and if there are any weeks with no volunteers, I'll post something those weeks. We'll just finish up ROTK, then see where to go from there.

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Jul 18 2014, 1:09am

Post #10 of 10 (172 views)
Shortcut
I say go for it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am sure many will participate.Including me.Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.