Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Will everyone die by another established character?

boldog
Rohan

Jul 13 2014, 8:55am

Post #1 of 13 (1133 views)
Shortcut
Will everyone die by another established character? Can't Post

Sorry another death thread. But this one got me thinking.

Every character who is going to definitely die in this next film, seems to be killed by another established character.

Smaug killed by Bard
Bolg, killed by Beorn, Legolas, or Thorin
Azog, killed by Thorin, Dain, Or Beorn
Thorin, Killed by Azog, or Bolg
Kili/Fili, killed by Azog, or Bolg.

I just cant imagine these characters dying any other way though. But what this thread is basically about, is if maybe one of these characters will die by something other then another character. Like a random eagle? or a stray arrow?

I remember something mentioned by Aiden Turner, about Kili having a not so heroic ending. So this got me thinking that maybe he will go down quite suddenly without any support by another character. A stray arrow or something. But then again, this to me, really leaves a lot of the emotion out of the scene. For the death to come so quickly and unexpected, will loose so much emotion.

I dont know,
thoughts?

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

Faleel
Rohan

Jul 13 2014, 6:48pm

Post #2 of 13 (668 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps [In reply to] Can't Post

Kili will die like Balin?

Name
Rohan

Jul 13 2014, 8:27pm

Post #3 of 13 (635 views)
Shortcut
Nah, he'll die like Oin. [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 13 2014, 8:47pm

Post #4 of 13 (612 views)
Shortcut
I kind of hope [In reply to] Can't Post

That Kili and Fili don't have majorly heroic death scenes. I'd rather they get cut down by random orcs, wargs, bats, whatever. Of course, their deaths will be sad, but I hope they're shown as the unfortunate natural effects of war. Save the drama for Thorin, please.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 13 2014, 9:42pm

Post #5 of 13 (587 views)
Shortcut
Do we know Bard will kill Smaug? [In reply to] Can't Post

I was kinda thinking Bran, er I mean Bain might do it? Since Bard is in jail and all.

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 13 2014, 10:46pm

Post #6 of 13 (561 views)
Shortcut
I think we do.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a feeling Luke Evans has mentioned it in interview.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jul 13 2014, 11:02pm

Post #7 of 13 (551 views)
Shortcut
Oh, he won't stay in that cell for long [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

LordotRings93
Rohan

Jul 13 2014, 11:29pm

Post #8 of 13 (545 views)
Shortcut
Yes he will [In reply to] Can't Post

In one of the vlogs we see Bard on the rooftops of Lake-town with his bow while the town is on fire. Most likely Smaug's attack will damage Bard's cell in some way, and he'll escape and kill Smaug. Bard's killing of Smaug is too major of a plot point to have his son do it, and it's already been set up Bard will be the "Hero of Lake-town", which is why we're getting to know his character much more than in the book.

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies 12/17/14
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

tolkiennerd
Lorien

Jul 14 2014, 2:27am

Post #9 of 13 (508 views)
Shortcut
I agree [In reply to] Can't Post

I think having more then one 'majorly heroic death scene' would make the battle feel way to overdone.

Name
Rohan

Jul 14 2014, 1:19pm

Post #10 of 13 (441 views)
Shortcut
Well....... [In reply to] Can't Post

If there's one thing PJ does right, it's death scenes. I'm not worried at all.

BalrogTrainer
Rivendell

Jul 15 2014, 2:30pm

Post #11 of 13 (375 views)
Shortcut
I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

... Fíli's and Kíli's deaths will be handled similar to those of Haldir and Théoden -- the moment will be taken, but not lingered upon.
Then there's also Tauriel... whom Evangeline Lilly has pretty much all but given away that she'll be making her way to the Halls of Mandos.

Boromir Stark
Rivendell

Jul 16 2014, 2:20pm

Post #12 of 13 (355 views)
Shortcut
This is my ideal scenario: [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog, Bolg and their bodyguards are cleaning up on the battlefield. Legolas, Tauriel and Fili and Kili are doing likewise, side-by-side, until the two groups meet. Azog, sitting atop his white warg, orders Bolg and the bodyguards to kill the heroes.

Bolg takes on Legolas and Tauriel single-handedly while Fili and Kili take on the bodyguards. The brothers manage to kill Azog's bodyguards but are both mortally wounded in the process. Azog approaches them on his warg to finish them off, but he is intercepted by Thorin and thrown from his warg.

Meanwhile Bolg manages to mortally wound Tauriel and overcome Legolas. Before he can kill Legolas, Beorn crashes through the hordes and crushes him, as he does in the book, before tackling the white warg.

Fili and Kili die hand-in-hand while Tauriel dies in Legolas' arms. Before she passes she casts her last gaze to the dead Kili. Seeing this is what causes the personality change in Legolas and causes him to become so morose and serious by the time of LoTR.

Now we are down to two battles. Cut between Thorin duelling Azog and Beorn fighting with the white warg (in an awesome throwback to the Harryhausen stop-motion movies of old that inspired PJ so much, where monsters fight other monsters and not just the heroes).

Azog and Thorin both wound each other mortally. Beorn kills the white warg and carries Thorin off the battlefield. As Azog tries to crawl away Dain steps in his path and whips off his head in a single blow.

Name
Rohan

Jul 16 2014, 3:31pm

Post #13 of 13 (330 views)
Shortcut
Woah that's good. [In reply to] Can't Post

That's REALLY GOOD.
I just hope you haven't set my expectations too high Wink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.