KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 12 2014, 2:36am

Post #27 of 55 (1899 views)
Shortcut
1 minute and 48 seconds of greatness [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure of it

I'm ready for it

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Jul 12 2014, 2:37am)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 12 2014, 2:42am

Post #28 of 55 (1840 views)
Shortcut
ROCKum? SOCKum? Kiss our asses "GOODbye? [In reply to] Can't Post

Alot of Us...
WONTsleep
until we get..

what we want!

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 12 2014, 3:05am

Post #29 of 55 (1815 views)
Shortcut
*grins* [In reply to] Can't Post

You know it won't be enough. It never is.Wink

"Looking back on Bag End, it's...it's like we're just so innocent. We were all so happy...in that place, about to start this journey" - Richard Armitage, The Hobbit Appendices.

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 12 2014, 3:23am

Post #30 of 55 (1789 views)
Shortcut
*giggles* As long as there's new Thranddy oogles, anything's fine by this thrall [In reply to] Can't Post

You know my gripe Frown... you share it too. Honestly, anything's good in return for the crazy thumb-twiddling. I'm fine with or without a teaser, or a trailer. But yeah, more Thranduil already!!! Tongue

Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the potato-mash of whatever came before), Two, Three

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 12 2014, 3:34am

Post #31 of 55 (1850 views)
Shortcut
Nice set of pics [In reply to] Can't Post

Am definitely looking forward to the Battle. Anything else is tasty hor d'oeuvres... nice to eat, but not fulfilling at all.

Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the potato-mash of whatever came before), Two, Three

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 12 2014, 5:27am

Post #32 of 55 (1754 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm really starting to love these films, and I'm so anxious for the BoFA trailer! I'm just hoping it's as well done as the first AUJ trailer and the DOS sneak peak.

Sildarion~Valenar
Bree

Jul 12 2014, 7:06am

Post #33 of 55 (1800 views)
Shortcut
Even more excited for the teaser poster. [In reply to] Can't Post

As I recall, the first teaser poster for DoS was amazing.

Let's hope we get one this time too.

tarasaurus
Rohan

Jul 12 2014, 1:22pm

Post #34 of 55 (1676 views)
Shortcut
I. Can't. WAIT! [In reply to] Can't Post

But I also CAN wait, because it means the end is drawing nearer :'( I feel like 1:48 is long for a teaser, maybe that's just me though Tongue

anthonyroy
Bree

Jul 12 2014, 3:29pm

Post #35 of 55 (1629 views)
Shortcut
Return of the King didn't even have an official teaser trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Demosthenes: The ROTK teaser was shorter //

The first official trailer for Return of the King was the full trailer, then a shortened version of the full length trailer was released after. I remember that coming out from the September/October time. This trailer labelled teaser trailer, actually came out after the full trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co9SNfJNDN8

I remember the only decent amount of footage we had of RotK was the montage that was stuck at the end of the behind the scenes preview on The Two Towers theatrical DVD.

This was it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVrB9P3HTFc

(This post was edited by anthonyroy on Jul 12 2014, 3:32pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 12 2014, 7:12pm

Post #36 of 55 (1550 views)
Shortcut
Ditto for sure [In reply to] Can't Post

I can even live with keeping Dain and Beorn under wraps. But DEFINiTELY we needs more Thranduil imagery, precious.....along with some lovely magazine spreads? Too long have I had to wad through the mirk of the 'net, searching....FrownWink

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Jul 13 2014, 1:52am

Post #37 of 55 (1510 views)
Shortcut
aha! [In reply to] Can't Post

Now *that* would explain why I couldn't find our frame-by-frame for it for the LOTR trailer post I put together the other night.

We definitely did leak it in July 2003 though (much to the chagrin of New Line, I am certain) -- so that kinda counts as a release of sorts. :)

TheOneRing.net Senior Staff
IRC Admin and Hall of Fire moderator

TheHutt
Gondor

Jul 13 2014, 9:28am

Post #38 of 55 (1466 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I also was wondering... [In reply to] Can't Post

...because there was no teaser for ROTK. There was only the full trailer and a shortened version of it that came out later.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet Project

adt100
Rohan

Jul 14 2014, 8:27am

Post #39 of 55 (1367 views)
Shortcut
I'm positive ROTK had a teaser.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I will still have it saved on my old hard disk somewhere!

It started with Frodo and Sam heading down toward an area of dead/bare trees/foliage in Ithlien. Around the concreted culvert when they begin in ROTK. It had the scene of Gollum discussing his plans of Shelob in his reflection, after which I remember having a heated debate about whether he says 'bitten' or 'dead' at the end of the sentence! (I still maintain he said bitten originally then it was changed to dead, lol)

adt100
Rohan

Jul 14 2014, 8:31am

Post #40 of 55 (1369 views)
Shortcut
Isn't BOFA said to be the shortest of all the ME films? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd presume around the 2hr 30 mark than 3hr.

joec_34
Rivendell

Jul 14 2014, 3:09pm

Post #41 of 55 (1332 views)
Shortcut
1% is nice [In reply to] Can't Post

As a statistician, I appreciate your analysis of the trailer's length.

My new goal is to watch the teaser 100 times.

"Happy painting and God bless, my friend." - Bob Ross

(This post was edited by joec_34 on Jul 14 2014, 3:11pm)

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 14 2014, 3:29pm

Post #42 of 55 (1324 views)
Shortcut
DoS is exactly 2:30 [In reply to] Can't Post

Without credits. I'm hoping BoFA is a least 2:50.

adt100
Rohan

Jul 14 2014, 4:08pm

Post #43 of 55 (1320 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure its already been pretty much confirmed... [In reply to] Can't Post

That BOFA will be the shortest of all the movies. I expect it to be in the similar vein of Harry Potter: DHII. 2:30 including credits, 2:20 or so without.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jul 14 2014, 5:05pm

Post #44 of 55 (1301 views)
Shortcut
Are you thinking of this? [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVrB9P3HTFc

This was included on the Two Towers theatrical cut dvd, and I personally like it better than the official trailer.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 14 2014, 5:53pm

Post #45 of 55 (1294 views)
Shortcut
I haven't seen it confirmed yet [In reply to] Can't Post

I know a few people involved in the films who have said as much, but until there's an official runtime, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Name
Rohan

Jul 14 2014, 6:45pm

Post #46 of 55 (1271 views)
Shortcut
I think [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a little ridiculous for people (not directly aimed at you) to say this movie will be the shortest. It's months before the release, and I doubt PJ and everyone have even edited in everything they want. Sure, they may try and make it shorter, but things change. Sometimes a lot. So we'll see.

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

adt100
Rohan

Jul 14 2014, 7:15pm

Post #47 of 55 (1256 views)
Shortcut
I'm only going by what I'd read, [In reply to] Can't Post

On here and from comments I thought I had heard from those involved in the film that this would be the shortest. If I happen upon the sources again I'll post them. It would make sense from all we know of the story though.

adt100
Rohan

Jul 14 2014, 7:19pm

Post #48 of 55 (1249 views)
Shortcut
Yes!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was what I was thinking of, thanks. Did that not get released online before the DVD was released? I'm assuming it will have been around late April? I did love that trailer and spent days re watching it and analysing it lol.still prefer the final trailer though for ROTK though. So epic!

adt100
Rohan

Jul 14 2014, 7:42pm

Post #49 of 55 (1249 views)
Shortcut
It may have been here... [In reply to] Can't Post

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y-UV9_6Gg1o

0:25-0:27 in Richard Armitage says he thinks it will be the shortest of the movies. I thought if read a similar comment elsewhere too that was a little more concrete. Either way it certainly lends weight to the idea and it just seems that unlike LOTR where the films gradually got longer, with the Hobbit they are getting shorter. If anything this is a good thing in my eyes for the quality of the final film.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jul 14 2014, 8:03pm

Post #50 of 55 (1235 views)
Shortcut
rotk teaser [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think it was released online. I'm pretty sure it was exclusively for the Two Towers dvd, which came out in late August.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.