The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
How can i add photos to my message?

erdildeniz
Rivendell

Jul 11 2014, 12:10am

Post #1 of 3 (606 views)
Shortcut
How can i add photos to my message? Can't Post

Please can you tell me? Because i have some photos about 3rd film and i want to share those with u. But i couldn't find a button to add it :) Maybe from a image site?

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 11 2014, 12:34am

Post #2 of 3 (577 views)
Shortcut
Hi erdildeniz. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have moved your post to the Feedback board as this is the best place to ask technical questions.

This section in our FAQs will be helpful to you. Feel free to ask more questions here if you get stuck.

2.20 How do I add a picture to a post? There are several ways to add a picture to your post. You may upload a picture stored on your PC as an attachment (See 2.21 below) or you may link to an image on your own website if you have one, or to a free image hosting service such as http://photobucket.com/. To link to a picture on your own website or to a free hosting service, Insert the image URL by cutting and pasting the URL your hosting site provides for you into your post, clicking on the picture icon on the Advanced Editor toolbar and pasting the URL into the box provided, or using image tags using the Basic Editor (See [Get Markup Help]). Please do not “hot-link” directly to a picture on another internet site. See the Terms of Service rules for “netiquette” for more information on hot-linking. If you absolutely *must* direct people to a picture on another site, please do it by inserting a link that will take people to the picture on the site. That way the site owner gets ‘hits’ for their site.

The specific guidelines for posting pictures within the message body of your post are as follows: the maximum size of any picture posted should be 525 wide x 400 pixels high (or a better measure is: 210,000 pixels squared - width x height), but no wider than 670 pixels. The maximum file size per picture should be 45k. The cumulative file size of all pictures in one post should not exceed 225k (5 pictures of the maximum filesize of 45k, 10 pictures of a filesize of 22.5k, etc.). These guidelnes apply to pictures hosted on other sites as well as to pictures posted as attachments to your post. For more detailed help on posting within a message body, check out Magpie's step-by-step
TORn Image Posting Guide.

2.21 How do I upload an attachment? First of all, please note that all attachments must be 45 kilobytes or smaller. If you use the Advanced Editor: click on [Browse] next to the “Attachment” box at the far bottom left of the “Reply” box. Find the file on your PC that you want to attach to your post and click on the [Open] button. Click on [Upload Attachment]. You can stop there if you want to just leave the file as an attachment. If it is a picture that you want to insert into your post, place your cursor in your post where you want to insert the picture. Click on the picture icon in the Advanced Editor menu and instead of inserting a URL address from the internet, check the “Inline Image” option. Select the inline image you want to insert, hit the “Submit” button and voila! Your image will be inserted at the point you specified. If you use the Basic Editor: follow the steps above to upload an attachment. If it is a picture you want to insert into your post, type the following: [inline filename.fileformat] Hint: you can copy the filename and file format directly from the attachment name at the bottom of the “Reply” box. Remember, if you’re using the Basic Editor, you can also click on the [Get Markup Help] link at the top of the “Reply” box (See 2.9 above).

For Mac users: on some Macs, the file cannot be seen if there are any spaces in the filename; for example, if you have a filename "My Picture", you need to rename it "MyPicture". Use Basic Editor to upload the file: click on "Browse" to locate it, check the "Inline" box, then click "Upload attachment". Then insert the picture into your post using [Inline filename.fileformat].

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jul 11 2014, 12:34am)

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 11 2014, 12:38am

Post #3 of 3 (587 views)
Shortcut
"TORn Image Posting Guide" [In reply to] Can't Post

erdildeniz, the walk throughs on the "TORn Image Posting Guide" that Ataahua linked you to are for people using the Advanced Editor. Advanced Editor is available for Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers. If you're using one of those, the walkthroughs will work for you.

If you are using Safari or Chrome then you only have Basic Editor available.

In that case, I just provided a walk through for Basic Editor in this post:
http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=755759#755759

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Jul 11 2014, 12:39am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.