Which dwarf from The Hobbit are you?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 10 2014, 3:20pm

Post #1 of 35 (7017 views)
Shortcut
Which dwarf from The Hobbit are you? Can't Post

Find out here: http://www.helloquizzy.com/...m-the-hobbit-are-you.

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 10 2014, 3:21pm

Post #2 of 35 (6044 views)
Shortcut
I'm... [In reply to] Can't Post

... Thorin Oakenshield! Shocked

16% Extroversion, 56% Intuition, 44% Attachment and 50% Organisation!

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jul 10 2014, 3:45pm

Post #3 of 35 (5896 views)
Shortcut
Uh oh, link page not available - temporary? // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
-Albert Einstein

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 10 2014, 3:54pm

Post #4 of 35 (5901 views)
Shortcut
Hmm, interesting... [In reply to] Can't Post

It works fine for me.

emre43
Rohan

Jul 10 2014, 4:27pm

Post #5 of 35 (5900 views)
Shortcut
Oin [In reply to] Can't Post

16% Extroversion, 56% Intuition, 59% Attachment and 53% Organisation!

Donry
Tol Eressea

Jul 10 2014, 4:33pm

Post #6 of 35 (5899 views)
Shortcut
I am [In reply to] Can't Post

most like Thorin.....which is cool and all...but I was hoping (but not trying to influence answers to get him) to be most like Dwalin...love that guy. Thorin would be a close second though...

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

Twitter - @DonryFetor
FB - https://www.facebook.com/donryfetortheouthouse
Instagram - donryfetor
Blog - donryfetorsouthouse.wordpress.com

Maciliel
Valinor

Jul 10 2014, 7:10pm

Post #7 of 35 (5893 views)
Shortcut
i'm thorin oakenshield (the film version, of course) [In reply to] Can't Post

53% Extroversion, 75% Intuition, 34% Attachment and 56% Organisation!

Congratulations, you are most like THORIN OAKENSHIELD, leader of the Company of Dwarves and heir to the lost throne of Erebor. You are a charismatic and strategic leader, motivated to instigate change. Your quick wit and ability to logically reason and understand systems and strategy help you turn these changes into reality. You set long-term plans to help you accomplish tasks, and can well articulate your intentions to others, gaining you loyal supporters.

Thorin desires to reclaim Erebor and restore his people to their former splendour. You are very driven in achieving your goals, which are typically quite ambitious. While you are a capable leader, you like to be in charge only when it becomes obvious that you are the best person for the job. You are very blunt and decisive in your plans, and can come across as critical or brusque to others who question the pursuit of your goals.

With the weight of his people’s expectations on his shoulders, Thorin often worries about the consequences of failing his quest – the loss of his line, his kingdom, and his people’s hope. You tend to be a bit of a perfectionist, setting especially high standards for yourself and your companions. Once you set a goal, you apply yourself 100% to its achievement. With your mind set so firmly on achieving your ends, you can often forget to consider the point of views of others, and the social cost of your quest.

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jul 10 2014, 8:58pm

Post #8 of 35 (5868 views)
Shortcut
Sorry, problem was on my end // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
-Albert Einstein

Dwarewien
Rohan

Jul 10 2014, 10:20pm

Post #9 of 35 (5888 views)
Shortcut
Ori... [In reply to] Can't Post

13% Extroversion, 56% Intuition, 56% Attachment and 38% Organisation

Congratulations, you are most like ORI, younger brother to Nori and Dori, and scribe for the Company, chronicling the Quest to the Lonely Mountain. Ori is a talented artist; his passion lies in writing and drawing. Typically unconventional, you are an imaginative idealist guided by your own dreams and beliefs rather than sticking to the monotonous conventions of society. You value your authenticity and originality, and enjoy expressing yourself through your work and the arts. You have good language skills and take an interest in more scholarly pursuits than your peers.

Despite first impressions as tranquil and reserved, you are deeply passionate about causes that are important to you. It takes a lot of dedication to trek to the Lonely Mountain for the sake of documentative accuracy. You pursue your hobbies with selfless devotion, and can be inspired to make extraordinary sacrifices for your ideals and what is positive and good for society.

Your soft-spoken and reserved nature, coupled with your off-beat tendencies, can lead to you being misunderstood by others. This can be difficult as you desire to please your friends and family - you value harmony and are well aware of others’ feelings - and as a result you put on a persona to mask your differences, creating an inner turmoil over your true identity. Ori is used to being bossed around by his older brother Dori and abides it with his politeness. But never forget that your differences - your individuality, sensitivity and dedication - are in fact your greatest strengths.

I need to be a little more Extroverted to be more like Thorin, but I am a bit of a perfectionist (even on discussion forums, if I don't like my response, I'll often edit it until I do), and you know what they say, opposites attract! I got Ori on another Hobbit quiz, but when I took a few of the quizzes in the Annuals for both AUJ and DoS, I got Thorin!Smile

Far over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day
To find our long-forgotten gold.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 11 2014, 12:10pm

Post #10 of 35 (5843 views)
Shortcut
Awwww... I'm most like Balin :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 11 2014, 3:41pm

Post #11 of 35 (5834 views)
Shortcut
Another Ori here.... [In reply to] Can't Post

25% Extroversion, 53% Intuition, 63% Attachment and 41% Organisation!

Not sure sure about the 41% organisation - sounds a bit generous!

MomoftheShire
Rivendell

Jul 11 2014, 6:00pm

Post #12 of 35 (5841 views)
Shortcut
What??! [In reply to] Can't Post

I got Thorin Oakenshield! Leader material I am NOT! I am usually the one BEHIND the leader making sure he/she is doing good! Although, Thorin sure makes Bilbo look good! Hmmm . . .

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Jul 11 2014, 8:32pm

Post #13 of 35 (5825 views)
Shortcut
Oin!! [In reply to] Can't Post

It is a very nice profile and description.. I should be very happy.
But..Oin! Tongue
Not exactly the coolest Dwarf in the company...

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 11 2014, 8:43pm

Post #14 of 35 (5826 views)
Shortcut
Dwalin [In reply to] Can't Post

28% Extroversion, 56% Intuition, 44% Attachment and 44% Organisation!

"We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true."
-Robert Wilensky

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Jul 11 2014, 9:12pm

Post #15 of 35 (5820 views)
Shortcut
I am [In reply to] Can't Post

Balin
75% Extroversion, 47% Intuition, 53% Attachment and 50% Organisation!

"Obsession and narrow-mindness is the trend of the 2000's and synonyms to many Tolkien fanatics"

"Tolkien Nazis is a disgusting scourge of the internet"

cats16
Half-elven

Jul 11 2014, 11:34pm

Post #16 of 35 (5802 views)
Shortcut
Oin here. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Valinor

Jul 12 2014, 12:51am

Post #17 of 35 (5832 views)
Shortcut
Fili [In reply to] Can't Post

56% Extroversion, 69% Intuition, 53% Attachment and 22% Organisation

After reading them all, it fits. I'm a Myers-Briggs ENFP and that probably fits, too. Does anyone else think the quiz fits their MBTI? (Don't you just love the alphabet? Such a time saver! Laugh)

I wonder if we could make our own Personality Type Indicator using TORn posts.Wink

Starling
Half-elven

Jul 12 2014, 1:05am

Post #18 of 35 (5805 views)
Shortcut
Hello Fili, I'm Oin [In reply to] Can't Post

I am 72% organisation. Perhaps you might like to work with me to complete your project? Laugh

And PS, my 'Oin' profile is predictably accurate.

Lissuin
Valinor

Jul 12 2014, 1:31am

Post #19 of 35 (5807 views)
Shortcut
Unquestionably t'would be a match made in heaven! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm forever spinning off into some new thing, though age has mellowed me and I am far more selective of late. But there are all these UFO's (unfinished objects) tucked into every cupboard. How did you know?! Do you really think you could...maybe....? Blush

It takes all kinds to run a successful mission...quest...thing, doesn't it?

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 12 2014, 2:08am

Post #20 of 35 (5790 views)
Shortcut
Same here [In reply to] Can't Post

although my numbers are very different from yours: 19% Extroversion, 25% Intuition, 38% Attachment and 47% Organisation!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Starling
Half-elven

Jul 12 2014, 3:18am

Post #21 of 35 (5793 views)
Shortcut
Let me sort those UFO's for you, [In reply to] Can't Post

using a range of colour-coded post-its. Cool
When I have finished I should let you take me on an adventure!

Kim
Valinor

Jul 12 2014, 6:51am

Post #22 of 35 (5796 views)
Shortcut
Gloin [In reply to] Can't Post

47% Extroversion, 22% Intuition, 44% Attachment and 75% Organisation!

Hmmm, yeah, seems pretty close, especially on the organization side of things.

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

Kim
Valinor

Jul 12 2014, 6:57am

Post #23 of 35 (5792 views)
Shortcut
Interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm the exact opposite of you - ISTJ. And our results on the quiz are pretty much flipped, so that seems to fit. As for a TORn Personality Type Indicator, I believe my would be "Obsessed with Thorin and his hair" - is that an option on the scale you envisioned? Tongue

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

Lissuin
Valinor

Jul 12 2014, 8:06pm

Post #24 of 35 (5774 views)
Shortcut
Post-its were a brilliant invention of the brothers Oin and Gloin [In reply to] Can't Post

to help them deal with the overwhelming task of the restoration of Erebor and the cataloguing of the treasure after the defeat of Smaug the Terrible. In moments of relaxation during this monumental undertaking, their creative side, which had been awakened by exposure to the whimsical artistry of the elves of Rivendell and the Woodland Realm, found another, rather charming, use for these brightly coloured bits of paper. Bold mosaics began appearing on the gloomy walls of the Kingdom Under the Mountain, expressions of the wonders they had seen and the dangers they had encountered on their adventures with their king and kinsman, Thorin Oakenshield. These very personal offerings were never meant to be lasting tributes but were subject to whatever winds blew through those vast halls or to clerical staff in need of note paper, serving as poignant reminders of the impermanence of kingdoms and kings.

Unfortunately, even the most peaceful of inventions can be turned to use by the dark side. Sadly, such was the case for a time with the work of our brothers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5X41CyvOjc

Fortunately, the majority of humankind have continued to use post-its for their original purpose, to the great advantage of organisationally talented - or challenged - humans everywhere.

(Predictably, this little foray of mine into the world of silliness has been a distraction from what should have been my main focus this morning - my tax return. (sigh) Type Indicator Quizzes are soooo annoying.)

Lissuin
Valinor

Jul 12 2014, 8:24pm

Post #25 of 35 (5782 views)
Shortcut
We could, indeed, [In reply to] Can't Post

base a TORn Type Indicator test on hair preferences: black, brown, auburn or platinum blond; long, short, straight, curly; braids, beads, extensions, mullet; facial - beard, mustache, sideburns or hairless as a slug; feet, chest and eyebrows.

This could be the work of a lifetime.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.