The Warner Bros. Comic-Con Schedule Includes The Hobbit
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

droidsocket
Lorien

Jul 8 2014, 6:29pm

Post #1 of 37 (2513 views)
Shortcut
The Warner Bros. Comic-Con Schedule Includes The Hobbit Can't Post

I hope this has not been posted already. Comingsoon.net just confirmed Peter will be at Comic Con!!!!

"On Saturday, July 26th, beginning at 10 a.m., Warner Bros. Pictures brings three of its most hotly anticipated films to this year’s Con: Peter Jackson will be on the main stage with “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies,” from New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures, and George Miller will be on hand to present a first look at “Mad Max: Fury Road,” from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. The Hall H audience will also get a peek at the Wachowskis’ original sci-fi actioner “Jupiter Ascending,” also from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. Attending stars will be revealed at a later date."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=120312

Kim
Valinor

Jul 8 2014, 6:35pm

Post #2 of 37 (1381 views)
Shortcut
You beat me to it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just saw this as well - yay!

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

droidsocket
Lorien

Jul 8 2014, 6:43pm

Post #3 of 37 (1385 views)
Shortcut
I am hopeful.... [In reply to] Can't Post

My guess is the "teaser" will be released around then and the lucky attendees will get something special. I wish I lived closer to San Diego!

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 8 2014, 7:40pm

Post #4 of 37 (1321 views)
Shortcut
Looks like [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be camping out to make sure I see this.

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Jul 8 2014, 7:44pm

Post #5 of 37 (1299 views)
Shortcut
My guess for a date [In reply to] Can't Post

Reserve 22/7/2014. I feel that will be teaser day.

TheOneRing.net Senior Staff
IRC Admin and Hall of Fire moderator

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 8 2014, 8:20pm

Post #6 of 37 (1251 views)
Shortcut
If only ComicCon was in August! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's one month before I'm due to be there. Unsure

LordotRings93
Rohan

Jul 8 2014, 8:36pm

Post #7 of 37 (1242 views)
Shortcut
Glad to hear! But will it have its own panel? [In reply to] Can't Post

From reading the article, it sounds like all 3 of those movies will be in one panel, as opposed to back in 2012 where TH got its own panel. Will it be clumped with the other WB movies, or ala 2012 have its own panel?

But glad to finally hear something about TH at Comic Con. Been wondering when they'd announce something, and was about to ask on here if anyone has heard anything regarding it. Just in time, I'd say! Tongue

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies 12/17/14
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 8 2014, 8:41pm

Post #8 of 37 (1202 views)
Shortcut
So close :( [In reply to] Can't Post

We shall have it covered for ya though with plenty of coverage. I'll snap some pics of what I'm allowed with my iPhone during the panel. Cool Plus I'll be taking tons of pics of the statues Weta will have.

(This post was edited by Elessar on Jul 8 2014, 8:45pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 8 2014, 8:42pm

Post #9 of 37 (1250 views)
Shortcut
It will have its own. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's one large WB panel with each getting a set amount of time.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 8 2014, 8:52pm

Post #10 of 37 (1214 views)
Shortcut
JUS' to have PJ THERE...IS the Price of Admission... [In reply to] Can't Post

Bomby was under the Impression
he was gunna be in London w/ Phillipa

But then again?
HE probably will ..JET
There.... OVERNIGHT
in HIS .....Private JET

Video-Conferencing W/ Dan Henna
Andrew Lesnie, Caro Cunningham, Jebez...etc!

"Watch the Skies....KIDDIES!
.... THAT Night!"

PJ @
Super-Sonic SPEED!

Don't you
Just ....LOVE IT!

"GLOBLALJACKSON" coming through!! Angelic Angelic Angelic Angelic Angelic

Noria
Gondor

Jul 8 2014, 9:24pm

Post #11 of 37 (1151 views)
Shortcut
LOL Bomby [In reply to] Can't Post

You live in Colorado, yes? So you should watch the skies.

Looking forward to whatever comes out of SDCC.

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 8 2014, 9:39pm

Post #12 of 37 (1134 views)
Shortcut
Good luck! [In reply to] Can't Post

Will cross fingers for you - and wait patiently for a full report! Wink

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 8 2014, 9:43pm

Post #13 of 37 (1111 views)
Shortcut

I'll be camping out with friends (fellow staffers and those I'm rooming with) so it should be a good time. That will happen no doubt. Cool

(This post was edited by Elessar on Jul 8 2014, 9:43pm)

LordotRings93
Rohan

Jul 8 2014, 11:20pm

Post #14 of 37 (1070 views)
Shortcut
Ahhh great!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Excellent then! Will any other Hobbit cast/crew be present? Don't think it was announced yet, but...

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 8 2014, 11:25pm

Post #15 of 37 (1096 views)
Shortcut
They will [In reply to] Can't Post

It just hasn't been announced yet. I know Evangeline Lilly and Graham McTavish will be there at SDCC. So you've got at least two plus PJ.

LordotRings93
Rohan

Jul 9 2014, 12:43am

Post #16 of 37 (1084 views)
Shortcut
EL will be there, awesome!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hoping for Martin Freeman and Richard Armitage as well, but I believe they're busy with other projects at the moment, unfortunately.

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 9 2014, 1:03am

Post #17 of 37 (1079 views)
Shortcut
Hope they're at the show [In reply to] Can't Post

As you said though they're doing stuff in London so I don't know if they will make it but I hope so.

Silmaril
Rohan

Jul 9 2014, 8:58am

Post #18 of 37 (973 views)
Shortcut
Exciting! [In reply to] Can't Post

Finally we will get the teaser, hopefully a lot of interviews and maybe another vlog!?

Glorfindela
Valinor

Jul 9 2014, 12:31pm

Post #19 of 37 (918 views)
Shortcut
Highly unlikely [In reply to] Can't Post

Very much doubt they would be there – Richard Armitage appears to have quite a punishing schedule until September in The Crucible at the Old Vic in London, and Martin Freeman also has a lengthy theatre part in London.

In Reply To
Hoping for Martin Freeman and Richard Armitage as well, but I believe they're busy with other projects at the moment, unfortunately.

(This post was edited by Glorfindela on Jul 9 2014, 12:32pm)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 9 2014, 1:37pm

Post #20 of 37 (893 views)
Shortcut
No way [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't see any way either Armitage or Freeman are there. Both are in theatre productions that run through the fall.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Glorfindela
Valinor

Jul 9 2014, 3:25pm

Post #21 of 37 (871 views)
Shortcut
Incidentally [In reply to] Can't Post

If anyone on here gets a chance to see this production of The Crucible, they should do so. It (and Richard Armitage) has had sterling reviews. I will be going to see it.

Martin Freeman is in Richard III – unfortunately, some MF fans are apparently rather marring the production by clapping and cheering in inappropriate places, which is just not done in British theatres.

In Reply To
Very much doubt they would be there – Richard Armitage appears to have quite a punishing schedule until September in The Crucible at the Old Vic in London, and Martin Freeman also has a lengthy theatre part in London.

In Reply To

(This post was edited by Glorfindela on Jul 9 2014, 3:26pm)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 9 2014, 7:20pm

Post #22 of 37 (772 views)
Shortcut
Nah [In reply to] Can't Post

Jamie Lloyd said the reports about Martin's fans was not true at all. He sent out a tweet and Martin also confirmed it through Amanda (he doesn't have a twitter but Amanda does)

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Glorfindela
Valinor

Jul 9 2014, 8:54pm

Post #23 of 37 (743 views)
Shortcut
Well, I've heard various reports [In reply to] Can't Post

…and Amanda (if that is Martin Freeman's wife) is bound to say that. I also don't fancy getting spattered with 'blood', which has happened to several people and their seats.

In Reply To
Jamie Lloyd said the reports about Martin's fans was not true at all. He sent out a tweet and Martin also confirmed it through Amanda (he doesn't have a twitter but Amanda does)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 9 2014, 10:00pm

Post #24 of 37 (689 views)
Shortcut
Yeah but [In reply to] Can't Post

Numerous people at all of the showings have said it's not true. People clapped at the end of his soliloquy (so what) and it was only one or two people. all of the people that have gone have said there is no overt disruption etc. going on. It's not just Martin and also Jamie Lloyd the director said the same. I believe them. I think the Daily Fail got their shorts in a twist over one line from one of the people that saw it on the first preview night about a fan clapping at the end of the soliloquy and also that same reviewer took umbrage with giving standing ovations which she feels are overy done in theatre.

Whatever. As to the blood. The people in those seats are told before hand what the deal is and are offered Tshirts etc. or to sit elsewhere if they don't like it. That has nothing to do though with dispresetful fans. One can not like the play, that's fine. But to say there are disprectful fans when there really aren't any is another issue.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Jul 9 2014, 10:37pm

Post #25 of 37 (682 views)
Shortcut
Yes, but [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not just the Mail – the Telegraph said the same thing and so did another few sources. I'm not sure I read anything about 'disrespectful fans', and haven't the time to check this. My impression was that they were considered somewhat disruptive.

Anyway, the production hasn't had particularly good reviews and doesn't particularly appeal to me (it appears to be one of those productions that tries to be 'trendy' and 'now'). I prefer my Shakespeare in classical style, so I think I'll just pass on it. (However, I will go to see The Crucible, since by all accounts it does seem to be worth seeing and is not attempting to be controversial in order to attract audiences.)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.