First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 6 2014, 8:08pm

Post #76 of 210 (6075 views)
Shortcut
     I hate my life now [In reply to]  

Never should have watched it.

How I was wishing that woman would trip and break a heel. Or have broccoli in her teeth.UnimpressedEvil

Waaaagh!!!!!!FrownFrownFrown

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 6 2014, 8:21pm

Post #77 of 210 (6087 views)
Shortcut
     And one more + the tension of parenting LOL [In reply to]  

And just when Thranduil thought grubby dwarves were out of his silken locks:

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 7 2014, 1:56am

Post #78 of 210 (6003 views)
Shortcut
     Eh, been in a cave and never knew about them podcasts... [In reply to]  

Was is it, precious? What podcasts?

In the last one I listened to The Tolkien Professor & Co. were speculating that Thranduil and his Elves might be refugees ousted from their Mirkwood lair by an army of Orcs when they come across the Laketown refugees fleeing the remains of Smaug's attack, and that the similarity in their situations moves Thranduil to stop and lend them aid. (The rational for the routing of Mirkwood was that Thranduil would be the more strategic target for Sauron to focus on, if he didn't know about the Dwarven army on its way or the death of Smaug - I think everyone agreed it was actually pretty unlikely to happen that way.)

Interesting premise, but yeah, not happening. Unless it's tied back maybe to Thranduil's return trip after the LA, or perhaps to the initial chaos in the Greenwood camp after Oropher passed?

Though it would be very cool to see him in some New, Never Seen Before Finery, back in Mirkwood - if the Riddles in the Dark folks are on to something and the Orcs are out and about all over the place, disturbing Thranduil while he's likely worrying about what's going on with Legolas and That Sylvan Elf. ;-)

I'd vote for this! Smile Haha... bringing up elflings is such hard work. Though it does seem like we're going battle-heavy so I think armour!Elf is still more likely.

I really doubt we'll See Thranduil not at all, just because PJ seems to like his voice, at least. And he must know by now he's at least as Golden as Legolas to a lot of the Elf-fanciers.

Speaking of which, I'm still miffed about being robbed of that "Where does your journey end?" line. *fingers crossed* who knows though... if the powers that be had a working palantir system, we'd have mwoar!Thranduil in DOS already.

I don't think I'm as worried about a Hobbit trailer as a lot of people on this board (in general) are. I'd kind of prefer to see a GotG trailer that shows us something a little more substantial of their main villain, right now. That movie is only 3 weeks away, here! The lack is killin' me.

Me neither in principle, but the thought of new Thranduil!Pretty makes my toes curl Blush

Agreed on GotG though. Not even a whiff of teh Voice.

PS: How's Lego Thranduil? Smile

Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars! Teh partsies: Prologue, One (None save Avandel knows whither teh "One"), Two, Three

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 7 2014, 2:15am

Post #79 of 210 (6058 views)
Shortcut
     Well, that Noldor het's the foundation [In reply to]  

To me though, I just feel like something else happened, maybe right on the battlefield. I mean, intense dislike is one thing, foolhardy suicidal tendencies is another - Oropher ought to be aware of the tactical risks of what he was doing, rushing in like that, not just to himself but his soilders as well. And where was Thranduil in all this? Unless they both had the same terribly wrong blond moment of stiff-necked pride?

Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Laugh Thrall Wars! Teh partsies: Prologue, One (None save Avandel knows whither teh "One"), Two, Three

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 7 2014, 2:54am

Post #80 of 210 (6016 views)
Shortcut
     Psycho Pretty! and a bit of movie chatter [In reply to]  

I haven't seen Mad Men or American Psycho (though knowing that there's any kind of comedy in the later does make it more appealing, hmmmnn...), but Lee's character does have the demented determination that seems to be associated with Don Draper and Patrick Bateman.

I haven't seen Mad Men either. American Psycho though - mem's a bit hazy since it was quite a while back but it was funny as hell to me, and it doesn't hurt to have Christian Bale's perfectly sculpted greek god scuplture bod on display so bladdy muchHeart The plot can be so black in places and at times it does step a bit far into splatter-fest territory (
almost but not quite devolving) but it is a showcase of the warped mind unravelling in its own narcissism so that's par for course. One of the better pieces of black humour out there, imo. Still, not for everyone I'll admit (I wager even among CB's most rabid fans some may not have the stomach to appreciate it). The key I think is really not to take it SERIOUSLY. Here's a well-written article about it (warning: that infamous still of da BOD in here, make sure view environment is secured before proceeding).

Incidentally, have you seen the Machinist?

HCF (so tantalising!)

Ooooh. Do you know what is actually being shown in these gifs? I notice that a possible gif (one that would have been very telling) has been left out.

Oh, the teasing temptation! But, I am in the midst of rectification. Soon, precious Evil

He'd have to wear contacts (or he could claim he already is), but I'm sure he's just their type. Heart (And he could probably survive on the Bad Blood. Wink )

LoL re surviving on Bad Blood. I'll trust you on your verdict. Me, I'm just basing his compatibility on looks alone... still can't bear the thought of sitting through that *cough*flick even for him. In fact, I think Marmaduke's prolly the better flick because history tells me I can live through a doggie flick fine (just don't know when I'll see it Tongue).

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 7 2014, 3:07am

Post #81 of 210 (6013 views)
Shortcut
     Oropher: post-mortem(?) [In reply to]  

What I remember from Unfinished Tales sounded outright suicidal.

&

Really, the only thing I've seen pointed out is the intense dislike for the Noldor. (There's nothing like a Blood Feud to bring out the worst in everybody.)

Tolkien's words from UT that me me think suicide

&

I know Kings usually did go right to the front in real world ancient warfare, but I'm doubting they were generally the first soldier to engage the enemy, even if they were on horse- (or Elk-) back (and it seems unlikely Oropher had a mount - though I'm picturing the scene from the movies, where everyone appeared to be on foot). And it looked like - again, this if from the movies - Elrond, at least, was not leading a charge. (Maybe Oropher does it because it's a Sylvan or a Sindarin thing?)

Exactly. Which is what I can't wrap my head around. All right, even if Orry was feeling emo, that's still no cause to want to bring his army down with him. Unless he had Qin Shi Huang complex, with dreams of lording it over the Noldor in the Halls of Mandos - but it'd be quite out of character, and I still don't quite see it though. Good point with the motive/depiction.

But otherwise, yeah, you'd have to imagine that Tolkien simply left something out (or that Christopher never found it or passed it over as unimportant). Unsure

There's just too little about the Magnificent King of Greenwood.
Frown CT may disapprove of the movies, but I sure hope he's not so insular as to not note the going-ons re the fandom due to it. If there is something, hopefully he'd be more alert to it now, and if he finds it, share it with us. Until then, cause of death - indeterminate, and requires further investigation. Or fan-fic.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 7 2014, 3:09am

Post #82 of 210 (6024 views)
Shortcut
     *LOL* [In reply to]  

Of course the tangled-hair one would resort to such mischief, exploiting a momentary security gap while the Magnificent King of the Woodland Realm was out hauling treasure, and had to leave the integrity of his pantries to that drunkard butler. Tongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 7 2014, 3:17am

Post #83 of 210 (6010 views)
Shortcut
     there, there [In reply to]  

*hands Avandel her own chest-hair growing Dwarven mug of beer*

Just don't clothesline yon emo Dwarf like so

or take selfies that you'd regret leaking.

Meantime, the King is mildly amused.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 7 2014, 3:49am

Post #84 of 210 (6017 views)
Shortcut
     Filmy stuff and pretty! [In reply to]  

Eyes! And I loved what the artist did with the hair, with the tie-back to nature. It's interested me, in wandering around the 'net, there seems to be a huge fascination re art with the elves of the ancient days - seems to me there is SO much untapped potential for films. I know what the Tolkien estate fears re the media. And yet, in skilled hands such as PJ's or a director like, say, Christopher Nolan, how much respect and care can be done in handling book-to-film depictions. *bangs head on desk, imagining the possibilities, with Oropher, Gil-galad, and Thranduil, at least*Unimpressed

Never mind respect. If PJ's attention to detail riles CT so bad, what will Nolan's "gritty" realism do? Though... *checks watch* if CT is at home in the UK, I guess he's having fitful sleep and not a few nightmares of the scenario right now Tongue

And a PS. dose of artwork, for Lurker, while she was off messing about I went rooting around Deviant Art *gasp* and think I found some gems amid the tastelessness *eeeuwww*.Cool Hopefully these weren't posted before, but thought these were nice....

Whaddaya mean "messing about"? Get ye back to gimping!

Seriously, thanks. Have posted most if not all these before, but well, a lot are just URLs in the Woodland Weekend posts... so it's good to see the art Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 7 2014, 3:54am

Post #85 of 210 (5994 views)
Shortcut
     LOL [In reply to]  

Like that painting. And re parenting woes... HAHAHA. Here's another one

=======

Kerewyn
Rohan

Jul 7 2014, 8:00am

Post #86 of 210 (6021 views)
Shortcut
     Those are very nice fan art pieces. [In reply to]  

I went to Melbourne Comic Con this weekend past, and there were loads of talented illustrators there, selling their wares, And there were bucket-loads of movie characters, just about everyone you could think of. But no Thranduil. Seriously!! Coz I was ready to buy, if I saw a good piece.
In fact, now I come to think of it, I only saw two pieces of Legolas art. And one Fili. But Game of Thrones characters up to the ceiling. Manga galore. Dr Who companions. Even minor characters from fandoms I've barely heard of.
Really, it was so disappointing. A lost opportunity, you artists. Mad (I should have spoken to some of them, now I think of it)

'People don't know where I begin and latex ends, which has always been an ambition for me.' (Martin Freeman)

(This post was edited by Kerewyn on Jul 7 2014, 8:01am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 7 2014, 12:25pm

Post #87 of 210 (6087 views)
Shortcut
     Woodland Weekend extension: The Fall [In reply to]  

So I stumbled on this well-written piece about The Fall well worth a read, imo, and just wanted to share it.

Might as well add Pretty!

GIFs

And ,for relevance Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 7 2014, 12:30pm

Post #88 of 210 (5972 views)
Shortcut
     PS: One more for the filmy stuff [In reply to]  

Can you imagine this AU?

=======

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Jul 8 2014, 12:08am

Post #89 of 210 (5973 views)
Shortcut
     It's breaking my brain. [In reply to]  

Smaug as Falcon? Thranduil as Cap? Legolas as his love interest? Nope. Shocked

But, Thorin as a Psycho Ninja and Tauriel as an Awesome Ninja I am totally on board with. Sly

(Legolas's shocking assignment is thanks to this version of that poster. Tongue And I'll just have to wait until I see Thranduil make adjustments after hearing that Healing Question in tBotFA before I can see him as a Goody Two Shoes Cap. I am trying really hard to see Smaug as a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder counselor.... )

"I dissent, even at the risk of being held incorrect or not sober."

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Jul 8 2014, 12:16am

Post #90 of 210 (5937 views)
Shortcut
     I just thought it was beautiful. [In reply to]  

I had no clue about most of the symbolism she pointed out.

And I just have to say...

He looks like Tom Hanks in this one. (First time that's happened.)

Of course, that gif of him removing the red mask is THE most beautiful gif I've ever seen of him. Heart

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Jul 8 2014, 12:33am

Post #91 of 210 (5971 views)
Shortcut
     That IS a sad state of affairs. [In reply to]  

Is the excitement level really that low, with the final movie only a few months away? I can't say I've ever been to a Con large enough to host artists selling their wares, but I'd assume something like 'the last Tolkien film likely to be produced in our lifetime' would have more impact. Or maybe they're having trouble unloading the Game of Thrones stuff? (I don't see the attraction, myself.)

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 8 2014, 1:10am

Post #92 of 210 (5989 views)
Shortcut
     *snigger* [In reply to]  

I CAN imagine this, LOL

works for meEvil

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Jul 8 2014, 2:14am

Post #93 of 210 (6043 views)
Shortcut
     Many little answers... [In reply to]  

to quoted questions...

What podcasts?

I think it's called "The Tolkien Professor" on iTunes, but I use gPodder to download it from their rss feed. (In fact, they uploaded another couple just this weekend. In this one they're spending a lot of time on Thranduil again.)

mwoar!Thranduil in DOS

It took me the longest time to realize
"Where does your journey end?" wasn't actually in the movie. (It just wasn't something I thought about In The Moment. I'm absentminded that way.) But once I did notice it, I had to wonder what else might have been added/subtracted. I hope we find out!

How's Lego Thranduil? Smile

*sobs* I'm probably months away from finding out (what it's like to play him). He's adorable in the little film at the start of the game. Smile In fact, this whole game is adorkable. If only there were more hours in the day...

Incidentally, have you seen the Machinist?

I have not. The only Christian Bale movies I've seen are Chris Nolan's Batman Trilogy, Reign of Fire, The Prestige, and Velvet Goldmine. And I've been meaning to see Terminator Salvation. (That should tell you something about my sometimes questionable taste in movies - with possible exceptions for anything to do with David Bowie, whom I adore. Tongue)

still can't bear the thought of sitting through that *cough*flick even for him. In fact, I think Marmaduke's prolly the better flick because history tells me I can live through a doggie flick fine

Twilight was pretty bad, if you're not into it. There always seemed to be a crowd of characters standing around watching two or three other characters "have a moment." (Like watching a move of people watching a play. Crazy) Marmaduke is very much a Kid Movie. It's pretty cheesy, but, yeah, talking dogs. (If you don't like Owen Wilson's voice, it will drive you crazy. Tongue)

There's just too little about the Magnificent King of Greenwood. Frown

In Total Agreement With This Comment.

Fic away! (And l shall try to think of alternatives to "Suicidal" for poor Oropher...)

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Jul 8 2014, 2:23am

Post #94 of 210 (6036 views)
Shortcut
     If Luke Evans is Will Turner, I'm in. :-p [In reply to]  

It was so weird when I first saw him in DoS - for a sec I though Orlando had managed to snag a second role. (Yeah, I hadn't really been paying close attention to interviews or anything outside of the trailers before being sucked in by Thranduil at my first showing.)

Kim
Valinor

Jul 8 2014, 4:35am

Post #95 of 210 (6079 views)
Shortcut
     Hey Eruvandi, I just figured something out! [In reply to]  

In a post of yours on a previous appreciation thread http://newboards.theonering.net/..._latest_reply;so=ASC; you posted a few pics from the AUJ page a day calendar that you couldn't figure out. I was just watching AUJ and I realized what the first one is - it's the brooch that Elrond is wearing at his neck during the dinner and moon runes scenes. I still don't know what that other one is supposed to be, but at least one mystery is solved! Smile

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

Kerewyn
Rohan

Jul 8 2014, 7:50am

Post #96 of 210 (6019 views)
Shortcut
     Your post on The Fall reminded me... [In reply to]  

..that I was going to write my review of The Fall - or not so much of the film, but my experience of it.
Right - I shall do this when I get home (still at work). Along with my Comic Con report.

And all this writing is SO going to count towards my Camp Nanowrimo word count for the day. Because I'm a Rebel and all that.

'People don't know where I begin and latex ends, which has always been an ambition for me.' (Martin Freeman)

Kerewyn
Rohan

Jul 8 2014, 8:13am

Post #97 of 210 (6056 views)
Shortcut
     I've always had this feeling that there's less Tolkien fandom in Australia [In reply to]  

and that could account for the much lower-key presence. Back after ROTK was released, it took nearly a year before some cinema finally decided to run a trilogy screening - and it wasn't booked out. (Slow burn perhaps - they ran an EE trilogy screening a year ago and that WAS booked out!)

Or it could be that these are much smaller cons than in the US, and so there's a concentration on what are the very current popular fandoms - and there could be a marketing thing going on here. Like, Game of Thrones seems to have crossed over into the mainstream - that is, attracting people who don't usually get involved in fandoms. People in this town are really into sport or anime or sci-fi.

It just seemed to me that the merchandise here didn't reflect or represent the popularity of fandoms online. Because, Dean O'Gorman's panel was packed to the brim, then all those keen fans would have spilled out back into the stalls area - and found no LOTR / TH stuff to fuel their enthusiasm. The fans are keen - the marketers seem unaware. Such a pity. I wonder if the level will be greatly increased for October comic con. (I won't be at that one, as will be on holiday)

Oh - except to reflect on this further: these Australian cons don't attract the mega stars and the key production players. They don't have the same role as SD Comic Con, and are more reflective / nostalgic. One gets to hear actors talking about their roles, but it is not the place for teasing movies that are about to be released. On the plus side, it is relatively inexpensive to attend, and you queue for minutes, rather than hours. Sly

(This post was edited by Kerewyn on Jul 8 2014, 8:15am)

Kerewyn
Rohan

Jul 8 2014, 1:23pm

Post #98 of 210 (5993 views)
Shortcut
     Long late night spiel on The Fall [In reply to]  

OK, so at the point of writing this, I have not yet read the article you posted Lurker, as I don’t want to be influenced.

When I first watched The Fall, I was carried away by the visuals. There was so much to see! The colour, the costumes. The National Geographic-esque locations. Places I have been! The lake palace in Udaipur, Agra Fort, the blue city of Jodpur and its fort, with the long sloping walkway that I had trudged up, was wow! the setting for some of the climactic action. The haunting Balinese Monkey Dance that also featured in the film Baraka.

And LP, looking so hot as the bandit, so boyish and vulnerable as Roy, confined to bed. (didn’t I just want to smooth his brow and make it all better) And the theme music too, just gorgeous.

But I didn’t ‘get’ the bandit story. It was all seeming a bit random to me, and in spite of its stunning visuals, I just kept waiting for the bits where we’d be back in the hospital room with Roy. I felt like I had missed something. I felt shallow. I felt I had been diverted by the scenic shots – surely it wasn’t all about that? Anyway, I thought ‘well that was pretty’, and put the disc back in the envelope to return to Quickflix.

That very day, I was on TORn and someone in one of these threads, maybe one of you, said something about LP’s commentary on The Fall. So I was all hey, the commentary! I’ve got to hear what he has to say! Ripped disc back out of envelope, and that evening threw it back into my player. To my disappointment, there was no commentary available on this region 4 disc (a pet peeve of mine, we are constantly ripped off in this part of the world)

But I did simply watch the whole movie again and now, I got it. I got the story. I saw the strong connection between the story Roy is telling, and how little Alexandria interprets it to what we see on screen. And it just blew me away and I fell deeply in love.

Because I am always fascinated by behind-the-scenes, I also watched the ‘making of’ extra features, and found myself a little horrified at how the director really worked that little girl so hard. At one time, she was crying on the set, and he was snapping at her to save it for on camera. I really cringed at that. But then, when she had nailed a scene, the director was so loving and covering her with praise and cuddles, that it made up for it (almost). You could see too that LP had a connection with her, was able to be some comfort to her off camera. It looks like they became close friends, and some of their on-camera work together seemed so raw and natural. Like when Roy is telling Alexandria some stuff and she keeps saying ‘what?’ – that seemed so unscripted. I was then delighted to learn from this article http://www.thecinemasource.com/...erview-for-the-fall/(that Lurker posted behind a link a while back) that it was indeed some natural stuff captured by the cameras that were hidden.

Roy as a character didn’t talk down to her, he treated her like an equal, and he tried to manipulate her as an equal, and he fessed up to her, as an equal. And that was what really made the story so much more poignant to me. I love too how it brought attention to the work of stuntmen. And Alexandria’s voiceover, that when she left the hospital, she missed Roy very much. And I’m all in tears going ‘Waaah! I would miss him too!!’ Crazy

Also, I love that LP spent the entire shoot in a wheelchair, making cast and crew believe he was a genuinely disabled actor (because he was less well-known then). What a guy Heart

*wistful sigh* So now I look forward to owning the movie eventually. It will be most treasured, probably one of my favourite of all time. And that is saying something. And I haven’t even commented on LP’s physique yet. Wink

Ok now, I am going to read that article of Lurker’s The Fall post…. *reads*

OMG, this is soooo good. *nods vigorously, agreeing with every sentiment * How uncanny that this writer also said she fell in love, just as I did. I can see now that, due to my late night viewing and overwhelming visuals, I had somehow failed to read the language of symbolism. And how grateful I am that someone here on TORn inspired me to go back for another shot. I am quite blown away by how each of the bandits represents a part of Roy’s psyche, and just simply all the symbolism that this reviewer talks about. *eyes shining, bookmarks article to save forever*
HeartHeart

Kerewyn
Rohan

Jul 8 2014, 1:59pm

Post #99 of 210 (6001 views)
Shortcut
     Not Empire mag but... [In reply to]  

I thought I had bought Empire the other day, but I had accidentally bought the very similar looking Aussie mag Film Ink. It contains a lengthy article on Guardians of the Galaxy, mainly looking at director James Gunn, and the new direction for Marvel. It focuses on Chris Pratt and his character, so there is barely anything on LP / Ronan. But there was this:

"Gunn roped in heavy hitters, Benicio Del Toro (as the enigmatic Collector), Josh Brolin (as the voice of badass Thanos), Glenn Close ("the sweetest person ever"), and John C Reilly ("He's so good in this"), but handed the key role of Ronan - a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe - to busy actor Lee Pace, who has starred in The Hobbit, Lincoln and The Twilight Saga.
"Lee actually auditioned for Star-Lord," says Gunn. "Even though he obviously didn't get the part, he was really good. So when we started talking about who was going to be Ronan, we screen-tested people until Lee came in, and he stole it."

Imagine if he had won that leading role! HeartHeartShocked

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 8 2014, 10:01pm

Post #100 of 210 (5945 views)
Shortcut
     Alas, Will Turner only males a brief appearance [In reply to]  

Unfortunately our dear Will is still curs'd and sailing about, collecting souls and ferrying them to the next plane of being...happily, tho, Luke Evans will definitely have a starring role in "Pirates of Eragorn".
Plot synopsis:
The darkly handsome pirate known as the feared "Lake Raven" and his scurvy (short) crew have amassed a bounty of booty by neatly tunneling up through the home foundations of the denizens of Middle Earth, collecting any convenient valuables and fading into the night (often protected by besotted females of said households). In desperation, the Squire of Esgaroth (played by Like Evans), a direct descendent of the dread pirate Gandalf the Gray, has enlisted the aid of the elegant and cunning (as well as totally fab) Captain Silversea, as the Lake Raven has managed to abscond with the Arkenstone. The Arkenstone is a mysterious jewel of strange powers, the talisman of Esgaroth. The exotic Captain Silversea is backed up by the talents of his first mate, a deadly sword mistress known only as "Red".

But unbeknownst to all, Red has lost her heart to the nephew of the Lake Raven in a forbidden romance. A rousing tale of epic derring-do and double and triple crosses on the storm'd tossed Long Lake of the East, where a foe may be a friend, a friend a foe, and strange powers abound. For this is Middle Earth, and nothing is as it seems....

Cool

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.