Is this a poem? [In reply to] Can't Post

...?

Starling
Half-elven

Jul 8 2014, 12:12am

Post #3 of 15 (389 views)
Shortcut
The older I get, [In reply to] Can't Post

the more I seem to whistle. I used to find it maddening the way older extended family members would whistle constantly....now I find I am one of them.
I have indeed been known to whistle the odd LOTR theme.

There's nothing like a good whistle. Cool

Vepariga
The Shire

Jul 8 2014, 1:14am

Post #4 of 15 (337 views)
Shortcut
I'm more of a hummer then a whistler [In reply to] Can't Post

I hum the Shire theme and Rohan theme mainly.

- Vep - Guardsman of the woodland realm of Mirkwood -

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 8 2014, 1:19am

Post #5 of 15 (355 views)
Shortcut
Starling, Darling! One Thing Bomby has Learned... [In reply to] Can't Post

US OLDER PEEPS
can get away
with Most
Anything!

"Don't Screw me...KIDDIES
I have Lawyers, I have,
a House? I don't need
NO Stinkin' Jobzzz?
I'm retired..."

Do YOURBucketLIST

Also, I'm Retired from the
Sex RAT Race...
The RATS WON?

Starling! Darlin'

Bomby
izzz.

Nira
Lorien

Jul 8 2014, 4:34am

Post #6 of 15 (311 views)
Shortcut
Good tip! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

Maciliel
Valinor

Jul 8 2014, 2:21pm

Post #7 of 15 (255 views)
Shortcut
sadly [In reply to] Can't Post

sadly, i am an atrocious whistler. never could. truly bad at it. : )

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jul 8 2014, 5:56pm

Post #8 of 15 (241 views)
Shortcut
Bombadil always speaks in verse ;-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jul 8 2014, 9:21pm

Post #9 of 15 (211 views)
Shortcut
My grandpa used to get me to giggle [In reply to] Can't Post

by telling me to whistle and then making all kinds of puckered up faces when I tried. I'd end up giggling instead of whistling. Now, when I whistle I remember him. Smile

I agree. Whistling really does make me feel better. Whistling or humming or outright singing. I do that last one to annoy my kids. Cool

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Jul 8 2014, 11:44pm

Post #10 of 15 (205 views)
Shortcut
"In one thing you have not changed, dear friend. You still speak in riddles." [In reply to] Can't Post

book quote you know lol

Cirashala
Valinor

Jul 9 2014, 4:46am

Post #11 of 15 (178 views)
Shortcut
I can whistle quite well [In reply to] Can't Post

but I'd rather just sing them Wink

I can actually sing pretty well, so my girls will chime in (they're pretty darn good, especially for only being 5 and 2) when they know the words. My five year old (and to a lesser degree my two year old, but she's doing remarkably well considering) already knows the words to several Celtic Woman songs (many of them remind me of ME) and Ed Sheeran's "I See Fire", Neil Finn's "Misty Mountains", the movie cast rendition of MM, Blunt the Knives (they LOVE that one lol!), and they are learning this. I have an aux cable to attach my ipod to the radio in the car and we sing these songs everywhere we go (it also keeps the backseat squabbling down- and they will finally stop singing the Frozen songs over and over again- though they're very good at them too- the first 500 times or so....) Tongue

I really, REALLY want to do youtube videos of me singing, especially the Lay of Nimrodel (the last one) and post them in fan art here, but I don't have a compatible video camera- it records onto tiny vhs tapes, rather than dvds, so it makes it unable to transfer the movies to my computer Frown

As to the Shire and Rohan themes, I want to acquire the sheet music so I can play them on my violin Smile I might be able to pick it out by ear-depends on how complex it is Tongue- but I think I might need the sheet music to get the correct key.

Who knows? But dang it, a new video camera (that records on a dvd I can put in my laptop) is DEFINITELY on my birthday wish list! I really want to do some music videos.

And maybe, maybe, I will do a whistle of the Rohan and Shire themes and post it on here just for you Bomby Wink

And speaking of Frozen, my two year old can be heard in the other room randomly singing as I type "I don' care, what they're going to say, wet da storm wage on, wet it go, wet it go, don' hold back anee-mow"

And she's actually in key....Shocked I need to get her in toddler music classes...

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 9 2014, 11:41am

Post #12 of 15 (170 views)
Shortcut
I can't whistle for spit! [In reply to] Can't Post

If I haven't picked up the skill in over half a century, I can't really see myself learning now.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Meneldor
Valinor

Jul 9 2014, 3:31pm

Post #13 of 15 (153 views)
Shortcut
I can whiste off-key better than anybody. // [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 9 2014, 7:03pm

Post #14 of 15 (144 views)
Shortcut
OKAY fine....HERE IS HOW? [In reply to] Can't Post

AS IF?
you are kissing?

1. PUCKER UP

2. Breath IN,
& OUT...

3.LET your Tongue
Do the WORK?

Your? Tongue... izzz..

"THE KEY to..
THE Treasures?
behind HiddenDOOR"

of the ART of Whistling?

JUS' Another HINT from
Goldberry's Squeezzzzzze!

Also known as "TommyTune-Full"..?

Crazy

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Jul 9 2014, 7:05pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 10 2014, 12:04am

Post #15 of 15 (145 views)
Shortcut
The "Far-Reachin' Effects" of thizz.... Therapy? [In reply to] Can't Post

Are Guaranteed by
THE First Bank of Bywater,
Shire (3rd Age?)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.