The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Bolg vs Lurtz

boldog
Rohan

May 31 2014, 11:37am

Post #1 of 4 (14096 views)
Shortcut
Bolg vs Lurtz Can't Post

Both played by the same actor. Ones an Orc, the son of a powerful chieftan.
The other is the first of the Uruk hai bred by Saruman. Both large and full of muscle, who do you think will win?

I say Bolg because he has his own intentions, and l clearly has had more experience than Lurtz, who is merely like a robot made by Saruman to obey his Orders.

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

Vepariga
The Shire

Jun 21 2014, 4:30pm

Post #2 of 4 (13525 views)
Shortcut
hmm [In reply to] Can't Post

After watching both Lurtz and Bolg's fighting styles, I think Lurtz might get the win.

Lurtz is alot more primal and his speed and drive is a deadly combination.

Bolg tends to do alot of throwing and trys to grab more then doing damage,where as Lurtz goes fullbore for the Kill.

The fight in all honesty will probably end with them both taking eachother down,but just on chance,I would put a bet on Lurtz.

- Vep - Guardsman of the woodland realm of Mirkwood -

NateGate
Rivendell

Jul 7 2014, 12:11am

Post #3 of 4 (13623 views)
Shortcut
Bolg wins easy... [In reply to] Can't Post

Bolg is 7'1, Lurtz is 6'4 officially, making Bolg much bigger. Bolg is also just as fast and seems to be more experienced.
Think Lurtz can take more pain? (losing arm and getting stabbed) Think again! Bolg took having his armor literally sewn into his body, just as if not more painful.
All this of course besides the fact that Bolg stalemated Legolas, who has never been stopped in the history of the LOTR/Hobbit film series.
So yes, Bolg stomps! :3

Size matters...
http://37.media.tumblr.com/00bbfb5c354255e11cd8386374b03bbe/tumblr_n5p4jtJVNT1siq18no1_1280.jpg

Loresilme
Valinor

Aug 23 2014, 1:56pm

Post #4 of 4 (13708 views)
Shortcut
Bolg [In reply to] Can't Post

Aragorn only had a tough time with Lurtz because Aragorn had already expended energy fighting off about two dozen Orcs already. Even so, Aragorn was a superior fighter.

Whereas Bolg fought Legolas to a standoff and still was able to walk away from it.

So I don't think Bolg would have any difficulty with Lurtz at all.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.