The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Bard the Bowman and Bloodsucker

MirielCelebel
Rivendell

Jul 6 2014, 12:44am

Post #1 of 5 (531 views)
Shortcut
Bard the Bowman and Bloodsucker Can't Post

Luke Evans to star in Dracula?! Yes please! I am not a huge fan of vampires (thankfully I never hopped on the Twilight train) and I was never a huge fan of Bram Stoker's classic (though I did not hate it), but I am so excited about this film. Luke is a great actor and even though Bard was not my favorite character in book, he quickly became one of my favorites in the films because of Luke Evans. If he can convince me to root for the "grim-voiced man" of The Hobbit, I have complete faith that he can convince me to root for Dracula. What do you think of Luke's portrayal of Bard and how do you feel about his latest role (to be released October 17)?

"The Road goes ever on..."

Writing Bliss

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jul 6 2014, 12:47am

Post #2 of 5 (283 views)
Shortcut
Totally psyched! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a different take, more of a "How the historical Vlad the Impaler became a Vampire," but I do love historical films. The trailer looks very "300" ish, very fantasy-like. And coming out in October, so COOL!!!Evil

LordotRings93
Rohan

Jul 6 2014, 1:53am

Post #3 of 5 (266 views)
Shortcut
Looks awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great to see more medievally movies, as I love watching them, so this is a positive thing! And Luke Evans has become one of my favorite actors, and I believe he'll do amazing in this.

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies 12/17/14
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 6 2014, 6:29am

Post #4 of 5 (275 views)
Shortcut
Luke Evans [In reply to] Can't Post

I like Evans a lot.

I would have cast the grim-voiced Welshman in the role of the Bowman/Bargemen as well.

However, so far, his portrayal of Bard has been mediocre, IMO.

The caliber of his performance in DOS just seems inconsistent to me.

Of course, I have little doubt that he'll blow me away in the next instalment.

Regarding his role as the infamous vampire in the film Dracula Untold, I think he is most suitable as the modern version of the iconic character and I'm glad he decided to take it on.

Though, this movie doesn't look nearly as good as TBOTFA. Tongue

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

sherlock
Gondor

Jul 9 2014, 2:56pm

Post #5 of 5 (178 views)
Shortcut
I liked how [In reply to] Can't Post

they expanded his role in DOS. It's kind of like what they did with Boromir's character in LOTR. I think he's very talented and will make a fine Dracula.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.