The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
If things had stayed the same...

Flame of Udun
Rivendell

Jul 5 2014, 6:34pm

Post #1 of 19 (1472 views)
Shortcut
If things had stayed the same... Can't Post

With all this talk over the past week/month/ever since DOS came out... as to when the BOFA trailer would be released, it's funny how if things had stayed the same from a year and a half ago, we would be getting the final film in less than two weeks from today. Based on PJ's comments regarding how they don't even have the CGI in place for a full length trailer, I'm relieved that the movie is coming out in December (Nice Christmas present, yes??)

"'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand. What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.''

Bernhardina
Rohan

Jul 5 2014, 6:49pm

Post #2 of 19 (766 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely! [In reply to] Can't Post

It is a bit crazy knowing that it could have been this summer... then again, somehow I suspect that the last movie would have been amazing no matter what. All this extra time means more room for mistakes as well, you know, like last minute additions and CGI in places where it doesn't belong Crazy but yes, I agree it is nice to keep up the tradition with the movie coming out in December Smile

(This post was edited by Bernhardina on Jul 5 2014, 6:49pm)

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Jul 5 2014, 8:34pm

Post #3 of 19 (722 views)
Shortcut
Thinking about it [In reply to] Can't Post

It's possible that PJ discussed the ending of DOS with the studios, and the cliffhanger ending made them think it more suitable to release the final film sooner (as well as so fans wouldn't be annoyed having to wait another year for a conclusion after thinking it would be 2 films).

I may be wrong but didn't the final Harry Potter film come out just a few months after the penultimate one (which ended on somewhat of a cliffhanger).

Personally, I'm very happy it's coming out in December.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 6 2014, 5:41am

Post #4 of 19 (614 views)
Shortcut
WHAT are.. WE gettin'..? [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ & Weta Digitalzz
WorkFlow is Streamlined
Without the many Distractions
Normally that would be Freakin'
Themzz OUT?

Piles for Miles
of VO, ARD, "MASSIVE Super CrowdShots"
jus' Flowin'..AND
FLOWIN' some more

Editing Suites
Sound Suites
Effects Suites
ETC...

Are
ALL
jus' down the Street? from each other...

Not Spread
ALL
Across
Both Islandzz of NZzzLAND...

And that is a comforting Thought..

BomBelievesIN
BeingBlownAway

this December

Watch OUT World
This...
Will Change
us...Forever!

(Take aLOT of Kleenex?)

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Jul 6 2014, 5:44am)

elvish.mafia
Bree

Jul 6 2014, 10:37am

Post #5 of 19 (584 views)
Shortcut
what? [In reply to] Can't Post

why do you always write like that? that aint cute.

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Jul 6 2014, 3:22pm)

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 6 2014, 11:07am

Post #6 of 19 (563 views)
Shortcut
LOL! That's just Bomby's style. [In reply to] Can't Post

You get used to it and then you find yourself liking it.

Keep doing your thing, Bombadil.

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 6 2014, 12:41pm

Post #7 of 19 (528 views)
Shortcut
"And that is a comfortable Thought.." [In reply to] Can't Post

Indeed, it is.

PJ & Co. have expectedly been provided with the extra time and renewed motivation that is necessary in order to give us an extremely well-rendered, thoroughly polished, technically sound, superbly paced piece of sensational cinematic deliciousness.

The third and final instalment should receive the least amount of complaints and criticism. Smile

I briefly enter a state of glee when I think about all of the enterprising activity taking place at Park Road Post Production and to a lesser extent at Wellington's Stone Street Studios.

BomBelievesIN
BeingBlownAway

Me too Bomby, me too.

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

Maciliel
Valinor

Jul 6 2014, 1:29pm

Post #8 of 19 (516 views)
Shortcut
expression [In reply to] Can't Post

people on this board are free to express themselves in any way that suits them, +as long as that expression is in line with torn's terms of service and is respectful of others+.

that expression may come in the form of encyclopedia- length posts, posts written as haiku (i've done this), or as iambic pentameter (done this as well). this also includes bomby's unique style of expression, which i view as a form of poetry. and which many people love (me included).

i suspect a moda will be along soon to grace this thread.

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

(This post was edited by Maciliel on Jul 6 2014, 1:30pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 6 2014, 2:12pm

Post #9 of 19 (507 views)
Shortcut
"Thang you.. Berry BUCH!"..KO & MAC! [In reply to] Can't Post

JUST picture in your head
JUS'...How COOoL
This? izz...

PJ can drive 8 minutes
home to Fran & Family

&

Likely be
Sittin' in
Their HOTTUB?
(In 16 minutes?)

Soakin'
AWAY
ANY
Worldz
Worryz

&..?
maybe inviting
Phillipa over to join them?

Seatoun is jus'
Over the Hill?

from their Massive
Film-making
Facilities!

SIR Ian McK
said it best...

A Multimilliondollar
Home Movie?

PJ strikes ENVY
into AnyOTHER Directors
Hearts?

Since None of them
HAVE THAT!!!

BRAVO, PJ &
BRAVA... FW & PB

for
BRINGING...SOoo
BUCH
BLISS, TO.. the rest of us

Bomby
LIKEzz..the
Letter
"B"

Heart

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Jul 6 2014, 2:19pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 6 2014, 2:19pm

Post #10 of 19 (498 views)
Shortcut
Yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

Do never change, Bomby.Smile

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Jul 6 2014, 4:08pm

Post #11 of 19 (468 views)
Shortcut
I just skip those posts.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Maciliel
Valinor

Jul 6 2014, 7:53pm

Post #12 of 19 (430 views)
Shortcut
i +love+ your posts, bomby! : ) [In reply to] Can't Post

they are definitely unique... and (from one poet to another) i +do+ regard them as poetry.

i also have high regard for your ability to not only speak in this special form that you have, but you still manage to convey complex thoughts and analysis. and sometimes (when you chose to express it) they are also poignant and moving. well done! : )

(so many) cheers : )

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

(This post was edited by Maciliel on Jul 6 2014, 7:55pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 6 2014, 9:03pm

Post #13 of 19 (417 views)
Shortcut
Darlin' MAC...It seems [In reply to] Can't Post

MAY it BE? that
MOST people
WANT to think? that they need to write & THINK always horizon-ally? (May it be, that they are forced to? in school..)

May it be?..IF they don't, then they Fail @ The Job of Thinkin'?

May it Be?
Bomby
WANTz
to think
& write
Vertically?

The Chinese do.

May IT BE?
consider'd
One level UP

^^^...^^
^^^^... ^^^^.. ^^
Thinkin'

Kisses & Hugs
are NOT enough
for
Your
FamilyFriendlyFeedBack..

BombyFromthat
Freaky, Flowin'
MagicalMindBlowin'
OldForest ..

(ON the OtherSide of
THEHedge
East of ChickHollow?)

GoldBerryzz
Squeezzze

May it Be?

Love izz ALL
AnyONE ..Needzz?

Ever WONDER
why, PJ LOVES
The Beatles?

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Jul 6 2014, 9:07pm)

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Jul 7 2014, 2:50pm

Post #14 of 19 (369 views)
Shortcut
Bomby's posts [In reply to] Can't Post

are always thoughtful,positive and come straight from the heart.I usually skip posts of pointless and relentless whining and ranting about the same stuff.

Bomby mate,NEVER EVER change your writing style.You make that place even more wonderfulSmile

"Obsession and narrow-mindness is the trend of the 2000's and synonyms to many Tolkien fanatics"

"Tolkien Nazis is the disgusting scourge of the internet"

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 7 2014, 5:14pm

Post #15 of 19 (341 views)
Shortcut
A very sensible approach [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I usually skip posts of pointless and relentless whining and ranting about the same stuff.

Sly Unfortunately, you're likely to encounter those types of posts more often than not since they can be quite ubiquitous at times.

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Jul 8 2014, 8:03pm

Post #16 of 19 (282 views)
Shortcut
Love your posts Bomby [In reply to] Can't Post

because you're both kind and thoughtful.HeartHeart

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 8 2014, 8:29pm

Post #17 of 19 (273 views)
Shortcut
"They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same." - Kurt Cobain // [In reply to] Can't Post

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Jul 9 2014, 2:24am

Post #18 of 19 (260 views)
Shortcut
Hey! We might need a Bombadil Appreciation Thread? [In reply to] Can't Post

What say ye of TORn?

Bomby, you really are a one of those people that keeps TORn a special place for me. Your positivity and unflagging good spirits are a breath of fresh air wherever your pixels materialise.

Three cheers for Bomby!

HIP-HIP-HOORAY!!!

Call me Rem, and remember, not all who ramble are lost...Uh...where was I?

Kim
Valinor

Jul 9 2014, 3:24am

Post #19 of 19 (280 views)
Shortcut
Yes! I vote for that! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know his posts will always put a smile on my face.

Thanks for always being so positive Bomby! SmileHeart

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.