Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Why don't I ever get subscription notifications?

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 5 2014, 2:43pm

Post #1 of 13 (942 views)
Shortcut
Why don't I ever get subscription notifications? Can't Post

I am able to get notices for replies to my posts, and sometimes watched thread notices, but not ever subscriptions (I'm signed up for the Reading Room and the hobbit forums).

Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars! Teh partsies: Prologue, Two, Three
(None save Avandel knows whither teh "One")

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 5 2014, 5:28pm

Post #2 of 13 (875 views)
Shortcut
A few threads down [In reply to] Can't Post

...there's a post by Ataahua that the server has had some problems which should be clearing up little by little. Not sure if the same issue applies to subscriptions though. Have you checked your spam folder? In the mean time, I'll do some experimenting to see if I can get them. If not, I'll see if we can get it fixed. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 6 2014, 1:30am

Post #3 of 13 (854 views)
Shortcut
Different issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, Altaira. Checked out the thread by Kim (oopsie weird to find myself mentioned in a thread about notifications Tongue)

I'm aware of the replies notices - sporadic for me but that's ok. But for forum subscription notices: never got any, from the day I joined a few months back. First thing I did was check the spambox, nothing there. Could be just me, though I hope not.

Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Laugh Thrall Wars! Teh partsies: Prologue, One (None save Avandel knows whither teh "One"), Two, Three

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 6 2014, 2:33am

Post #4 of 13 (848 views)
Shortcut
I've never subscribed to a forum ... only particular threads [In reply to] Can't Post

so I decided to try it out.

This is a test. :-)

(I wonder if it works when the subscriber posts something, however.)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Meneldor
Valinor

Jul 6 2014, 2:43am

Post #5 of 13 (847 views)
Shortcut
Testing, testing, 1 2 3 [In reply to] Can't Post

tap tap
Is this thing on?

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 6 2014, 2:51am

Post #6 of 13 (848 views)
Shortcut
doh! just realized it's a daily notification so I'll need to wait at least 24 hours to tell if it's working // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 6 2014, 9:03am

Post #7 of 13 (852 views)
Shortcut
yeah, it's supposed to be a daily digest thingy [In reply to] Can't Post

only I don't know for sure since I've never gotten one Tongue

Thanks, Magpie, and Meneldor for taking the trouble to do a test.

Laugh Thrall Wars! Teh partsies: Prologue, One (None save Avandel knows whither teh "One"), Two, Three

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 14 2014, 10:57am

Post #8 of 13 (827 views)
Shortcut
Just wondering if there's a diagnosis yet? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm still not getting any notices.

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), Two, Three

=======

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 14 2014, 11:58am

Post #9 of 13 (823 views)
Shortcut
Spam? [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you checked your spam folder?

I started to get notifications again three days ago but only just realized it now, as they all went to the spam folder.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 14 2014, 12:02pm

Post #10 of 13 (825 views)
Shortcut
Yup, checked it regiliously but nothing // [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), Two, Three

=======

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 14 2014, 1:38pm

Post #11 of 13 (828 views)
Shortcut
I'd forgotten I'd subscribed to Feedback as an experiment [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't gotten any notices and there's nothing in my spam.

I do get PM notices.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 14 2014, 1:40pm

Post #12 of 13 (837 views)
Shortcut
I'm not alone then [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the update, Magpie.

=======

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 16 2014, 6:26pm

Post #13 of 13 (809 views)
Shortcut
So, I'm getting post reply notices, so they're okay [In reply to] Can't Post

However, I'm also not getting the forum subscription I signed up for as a test. The forum settings appear to be okay, so I'll have to consult the mighty Corvar as to what might be possibly causing it on the server side of things.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.