First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 4 2014, 1:54am

Post #51 of 210 (5343 views)
Shortcut
     The image suits the way you write, somehow! [In reply to]  

Dark brown hair is lovely IMO and so suits an elf of the Woodland Realm!Smile

Thank you for posting the original image, I'm gonna grab that one. I always liked that shot of Tauriel from the DOS Trailer 1 shooting a bow - I guess, because she has this graceful intensity, and yet speed - the movement is fast, but it FLOWS.

Now to me, that is how an elf would move, and shoot an arrow. Tho I quite enjoy the bow twirl Legolas does a the river. I actually step-paused through the whole scene, and Orly is really twirling that bow - it's not an effect. And of course I think Legolas entry into the film is cool - down the spider silk - it was novel and fresh IMO.

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 4 2014, 1:57am

Post #52 of 210 (5337 views)
Shortcut
     Would BC NEED to be blonde? [In reply to]  

I'm thinking maybe there's a little overkill with PJ trying to achieve a resemblance - I mean it's a good thing, but with BC whose eyes I think are light, and he has fair skin - I think he would make a FINE elf. Especially one from ages ago!Smile

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 4 2014, 2:43pm

Post #53 of 210 (5301 views)
Shortcut
     *gulp* we best be careful then // [In reply to]  

Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII

Thrall Wars: Prologue, Part Two, Part Three

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 4 2014, 2:43pm

Post #54 of 210 (5303 views)
Shortcut
     Heh. Classics, gotta love them. Everyone knows them // [In reply to]  

Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 4 2014, 2:45pm

Post #55 of 210 (5298 views)
Shortcut
     Can someone PS him with the blond locks? [In reply to]  

hmm... I checked, he's 6". LP is so gonna loom though.

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 4 2014, 2:49pm

Post #56 of 210 (5303 views)
Shortcut
     Oh it's definitely interestingly perturbing [In reply to]  

You have me perturbed about this now. What could have happened that caused Oropher to make this misjudgement, to step forth too soon? Pirate

I don't know enough about war strategy (or Last Alliance history) to guess at possibilities...

I have some ideas... just need time and some headspace to think it through, and then maybe to fic. to fic Smile

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 4 2014, 2:51pm

Post #57 of 210 (5312 views)
Shortcut
     *whispers* stsrt on the silmmie... // [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 4 2014, 2:53pm

Post #58 of 210 (5298 views)
Shortcut
     *LOL* [In reply to]  

Eruvandi, the King demands you explain yourself Tongue

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 4 2014, 2:54pm

Post #59 of 210 (5307 views)
Shortcut
     heheh that's one of my fav fanart. // [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 4 2014, 2:57pm

Post #60 of 210 (5308 views)
Shortcut
     OMG!!! Our resident Peckish Owl. The Elf Edition [In reply to]  

Mwoar!!!

=======

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 4 2014, 4:33pm

Post #61 of 210 (5331 views)
Shortcut
     The Peckish Owl is a gawdess to me.... [In reply to]  

And no doubt smiles at imitation and flattery, secure in her power *grins*Wink

Truly an inspiration she has been, and the succor of thousands when restless Hobbit fans ache from newlsessnessEvil.

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 4 2014, 4:39pm

Post #62 of 210 (5293 views)
Shortcut
     PS and to add the artwork library.....Oropher [In reply to]  

hopefully someone hasn't posted this IMO very cool art of Oropher:

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Oropher

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 5 2014, 1:37am

Post #63 of 210 (5254 views)
Shortcut
     *psst* we printses it for keepses [In reply to]  

Precious!Heart

Thrall Wars! Teh partsies: Prologue, Two, Three

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 5 2014, 1:50am

Post #64 of 210 (5282 views)
Shortcut
     LP does commercials? *utter meltz* [In reply to]  

Tiffany & Co with Laetitia Casta

Click the image for the GIFs.

Then when you're ready... watch the damn thing Heart

Oh... for relevance

Now 'cuse me while I go lie down

Thrall Wars! Teh partsies: Prologue, Two, Three

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jul 5 2014, 1:52am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 5 2014, 3:28pm

Post #65 of 210 (5280 views)
Shortcut
     Woodland Weekend! Interesting HCF interview and assorted GIFs [In reply to]  

HCF Interview: Lee Pace Likens His 'Halt And Catch Fire' Character To Patrick Bateman, But Not Don Draper
I think that's a cool and apt reference. American Psycho isn't a typical flick, but it is black humour for the tie and coat careerists. Smile

And I just Heart his look here.

GIFs:
HCF (so tantalising!)
Pushing Daisies
Possession (Love the ones on the second and third row)

... an outtake for Avandel Tongue

Assorted *ahem* thralldom pics for tats and chest appreciators

And... is it just me, or does Garrett look like he could fit in with this set?

Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII
(Tis true! More appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars! Teh partsies: Prologue, One (None save Avandel knows whither teh "One"), Two, Three

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 6 2014, 10:09am

Post #66 of 210 (5233 views)
Shortcut
     What image do you think will be our first sight of Thranduil in the new teaser? [In reply to]  

Well, PJ has confirmed the teaser is turned over to the WB marketing dept. So what say you? Will we
1) See Thranduil in armour in a scene we've seen from the vlogs?
2) See Thranduil in armour in a scene we've NOT seen from the vlogs?
3) See Thranduil not at all? MadUnsure
4) Others - please elaborate.

(Yup, I'm twiddling thumbs here)

Fan of both books and movies; it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Laugh Thrall Wars! Teh partsies: Prologue, One (None save Avandel knows whither teh "One"), Two, Three

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jul 6 2014, 10:21am)

Kerewyn
Rohan

Jul 6 2014, 10:09am

Post #67 of 210 (5220 views)
Shortcut
     Thanking you :) [In reply to]  

These Woodland Weekend goodies have quite raised my flagging mid-winter spirits.

Especially the Possession gif that pans up the stairs ShockedBlush The 'out-take' gave me a laugh too.
And woot! that is the first 'Only Lovers' gif I've seen SmileHeart Does that mean the DVD is out?

Now, just waiting for my substandard internet connection to get into 2nd gear so I can watch that entire Tiffany ad without incessant buffering... Unsure

Off to read Thrall wars and possibly watch FotR or PD. That's always good for the soul. Smile

'People don't know where I begin and latex ends, which has always been an ambition for me.' (Martin Freeman)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 6 2014, 10:12am

Post #68 of 210 (5257 views)
Shortcut
     You're welcome! and erm Thrall Wars part three is up too [In reply to]  

Enjoy! I just got part three up in the fan art board on Friday.Cool

And you'll LOVE that Tiffany ad once you get to it. Heart

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jul 6 2014, 10:18am)

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Jul 6 2014, 5:19pm

Post #69 of 210 (5196 views)
Shortcut
     Was that a Riddles in the Dark podcast question? :-p [In reply to]  

In the last one I listened to The Tolkien Professor & Co. were speculating that Thranduil and his Elves might be refugees ousted from their Mirkwood lair by an army of Orcs when they come across the Laketown refugees fleeing the remains of Smaug's attack, and that the similarity in their situations moves Thranduil to stop and lend them aid. (The rational for the routing of Mirkwood was that Thranduil would be the more strategic target for Sauron to focus on, if he didn't know about the Dwarven army on its way or the death of Smaug - I think everyone agreed it was actually pretty unlikely to happen that way.)

So what say you? Will we

1) See Thranduil in armour in a scene we've seen from the vlogs?
2) See Thranduil in armour in a scene we've NOT seen from the vlogs?

3) See Thranduil not at all? MadUnsure
4) Others - please elaborate.

Well, since LP mentioned somewhere that his largest involvement yet is in tBotFA, and the march to Erebor (or Laketown) might be the first we see of him, I'm hoping to See Thranduil in Armour in a Scene We've NOT Seen From the Vlogs. (Though it would be very cool to see him in some New, Never Seen Before Finery, back in Mirkwood - if the Riddles in the Dark folks are on to something and the Orcs are out and about all over the place, disturbing Thranduil while he's likely worrying about what's going on with Legolas and That Sylvan Elf. ;-) )

I really doubt we'll See Thranduil not at all, just because PJ seems to like his voice, at least. And he must know by now he's at least as Golden as Legolas to a lot of the Elf-fanciers.
~~~

I don't think I'm as worried about a Hobbit trailer as a lot of people on this board (in general) are. I'd kind of prefer to see a GotG trailer that shows us something a little more substantial of their main villain, right now. That movie is only 3 weeks away, here! The lack is killin' me.

"I dissent, even at the risk of being held incorrect or not sober."

(This post was edited by vanima ephel on Jul 6 2014, 5:21pm)

elf-lady
Rivendell

Jul 6 2014, 5:42pm

Post #70 of 210 (5214 views)
Shortcut
     Wasn't it due to his intense dislike of the Noldor? [In reply to]  

Gil-galad was High King of the Noldor but Oropher didn't want to be under the command of the Noldor (due to all the ill will caused by the kinslaying in the FA). At least that's what I recall from Unfinished Tales.

In Reply To

Oropher dies when he and his army prematurely charge the Dark Lord's army.

Did something happen en-route or on the battleground to cause him to separate his army and their maneuvres from the main host? Or is it something from before the War - we have the Oropher and Thranduil casefiles, albeit scattered and scanty, but is there something else? Something that the prof had forgotten to tell us?

You have me perturbed about this now. What could have happened that caused Oropher to make this misjudgement, to step forth too soon? Pirate

I don't know enough about war strategy (or Last Alliance history) to guess at possibilities...

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Jul 6 2014, 6:14pm

Post #71 of 210 (5314 views)
Shortcut
     So much pretty! [In reply to]  

I haven't seen Mad Men or American Psycho (though knowing that there's any kind of comedy in the later does make it more appealing, hmmmnn...), but Lee's character does have the demented determination that seems to be associated with Don Draper and Patrick Bateman.

HCF (so tantalising!)

Ooooh. Do you know what is actually being shown in these gifs? I notice that a possible gif (one that would have been very telling) has been left out.

And... is it just me, or does Garrett look like he could fit in with this set?

He'd have to wear contacts (or he could claim he already is), but I'm sure he's just their type. Heart (And he could probably survive on the Bad Blood. Wink )

(This post was edited by vanima ephel on Jul 6 2014, 6:15pm)

vanima ephel
Rivendell

Jul 6 2014, 6:52pm

Post #72 of 210 (5289 views)
Shortcut
     I've never seen anything beyond what you've mentioned. [In reply to]  

What I remember from Unfinished Tales sounded outright suicidal.

Did something happen en-route or on the battleground to cause him to separate his army and their maneuvres from the main host? Or is it something from before the War - we have the Oropher and Thranduil casefiles, albeit scattered and scanty, but is there something else? Something that the prof had forgotten to tell us?

Really, the only thing I've seen pointed out is the intense dislike for the Noldor. (There's nothing like a Blood Feud to bring out the worst in everybody.)

Tolkien's words from UT that me me think suicide:

Oropher was slain in the first assault upon Mordor, rushing forward at the head of his most doughty warriors before Gil-galad had given the signal for the advance.

It sounds like he wanted to be the first to die. (And it seems likely that he was.)

I know Kings usually did go right to the front in real world ancient warfare, but I'm doubting they were generally the first soldier to engage the enemy, even if they were on horse- (or Elk-) back (and it seems unlikely Oropher had a mount - though I'm picturing the scene from the movies, where everyone appeared to be on foot). And it looked like - again, this if from the movies - Elrond, at least, was not leading a charge. (Maybe Oropher does it because it's a Sylvan or a Sindarin thing?)

But otherwise, yeah, you'd have to imagine that Tolkien simply left something out (or that Christopher never found it or passed it over as unimportant). Unsure

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 6 2014, 7:06pm

Post #73 of 210 (5289 views)
Shortcut
     *snigger* - you know it's gotta be [In reply to]  

Thorin's scene-stealing marmot. Currently eating up Thranduil's pantry LOLHeartHeartHeart

VeArkenstone
Lorien

Jul 6 2014, 7:29pm

Post #74 of 210 (5295 views)
Shortcut
     Avandel, very very cool pic of Oropher. It is hauntingly beautiful, those eyes! [In reply to]  

Please, call me Ve.

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 6 2014, 7:59pm

Post #75 of 210 (5270 views)
Shortcut
     *Waves to VeArkenstone* Happy you like that! - and PS. to cheer Lurker *grins* [In reply to]  

Eyes! And I loved what the artist did with the hair, with the tie-back to nature. It's interested me, in wandering around the 'net, there seems to be a huge fascination re art with the elves of the ancient days - seems to me there is SO much untapped potential for films. I know what the Tolkien estate fears re the media. And yet, in skilled hands such as PJ's or a director like, say, Christopher Nolan, how much respect and care can be done in handling book-to-film depictions. *bangs head on desk, imagining the possibilities, with Oropher, Gil-galad, and Thranduil, at least*Unimpressed

And a PS. dose of artwork, for Lurker, while she was off messing about I went rooting around Deviant Art *gasp* and think I found some gems amid the tastelessness *eeeuwww*.Cool Hopefully these weren't posted before, but thought these were nice....

(My cheating heart, LOL Heart. Since I am Gimping at the moment instead of doing what I am supposed to be doing.)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.