First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

davidjUK
Bree

Jul 4 2014, 12:10am

Post #1 of 47 (3086 views)
Shortcut
Peter Jackson Update on Trailer... Can't Post

Peter has just posted on Facebook about the Hobbit trailer:

Thank you all for your responses to my posting about Lorri and Damien’s book. Of course, many of you asked about the Hobbit Trailer. So, yes - there will be a Hobbit Trailer. But like the previous two years, it’s not going to be released until around Oct. The complex VFX work required to produce the battle shots we’re all wanting to see are simply not far enough along yet.

However … yesterday I finished work on a Teaser Trailer and that has just been delivered to Warner Bros. So no doubt this Teaser Trailer will be making it’s way into the world sometime soon…

Cheers,

Peter J

I'm happy with a teaser, it'll be enough for us to pour over until the main trailer in October. I hope we get a couple of blogs in between now and October though.

(This post was edited by davidjUK on Jul 4 2014, 12:12am)

Glassary
Rivendell

Jul 4 2014, 12:14am

Post #2 of 47 (1778 views)
Shortcut
thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the update David

Name
Rohan

Jul 4 2014, 12:17am

Post #3 of 47 (1904 views)
Shortcut
"Just delivered to Warner Bros" [In reply to] Can't Post

Does that mean that the trailer will be released accompanying a movie? Not sure why else it would have to be sent to the studio. Would an online release require that?

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

J Pierpont Flathead
Rivendell

Jul 4 2014, 12:39am

Post #4 of 47 (1824 views)
Shortcut
The Book [In reply to] Can't Post

I was disheartened to see selfish questions about the trailer intrude on Jackson's post about a much more serious topic. He was gracious to answer about the trailer so quickly, but I wouldn't have felt so generous.

Now his life is full of wonder
But his heart still knows some fear
Of a simple thing he cannot comprehend
Why they try to tear the mountains down
To bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

TnuaccayM
Bree

Jul 4 2014, 12:56am

Post #5 of 47 (1780 views)
Shortcut
Kind of a lack of respect [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with you. It was ok to ask, but not there on that post. It was like ''I don't care, give me the trailer!''

silvereyed
The Shire

Jul 4 2014, 1:00am

Post #6 of 47 (1836 views)
Shortcut
Unfortunately [In reply to] Can't Post

the trailer isn't just released when Peter says so - it needs to be approved by the studio and then the marketing team decides to release the trailer when it will get maximum exposure :(

Farficom
Rivendell

Jul 4 2014, 1:06am

Post #7 of 47 (1722 views)
Shortcut
Holy heck. [In reply to] Can't Post

The whole trailer thing is completely out of control... and I can't believe those who posted on his message about Damien Echols and Lorri Davis's book. time for everyone to simmer down for a while.

Name
Rohan

Jul 4 2014, 1:07am

Post #8 of 47 (1847 views)
Shortcut
Ah of course [In reply to] Can't Post

I knew that..............Laugh

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 4 2014, 1:13am

Post #9 of 47 (1698 views)
Shortcut
sum hav' not learned the lesson? [In reply to] Can't Post

"THE Universe is a REALLY
BIG Place"

Their own
Personal BLACK HOLE
leaves NO room for
Anyone else?

Anyway...as
Aragorn said

"There IZZ
Always
HOPE..."

Yet were
sum of
THEMS

Not Listenin'...

ROCK ON TORn
& while @ IT

When in Doubt?

"Re-Arrange your Furniture?

AsAlways
Your
one&only
Bomby

Heart

tsmith675
Gondor

Jul 4 2014, 1:50am

Post #10 of 47 (1768 views)
Shortcut
Just Peter trolling everyone about the trailer. [In reply to] Can't Post

When I saw this scrolling through Facebook and about had a heart attack when I saw "until around October." But luckily I kept on reading, and we'll get our teaser trailer too! I love PJ's sense of humor.

Our destiny lies above us.

smaug the stupendous
The Shire

Jul 4 2014, 3:27am

Post #11 of 47 (1596 views)
Shortcut
same! [In reply to] Can't Post

My mouth literally fell open when i saw ' until October' ! Thank god i kept reading :)

J Pierpont Flathead
Rivendell

Jul 4 2014, 4:06am

Post #12 of 47 (1596 views)
Shortcut
Trolling The Book [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Just Peter trolling everyone about the trailer.... love PJ's sense of humor.

So you believe Jackson was making a funny on "West of Memphis" to tease the Hobbit trailer audience?

OK, sure.

Now his life is full of wonder
But his heart still knows some fear
Of a simple thing he cannot comprehend
Why they try to tear the mountains down
To bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 4 2014, 4:10am

Post #13 of 47 (1597 views)
Shortcut
Nearly knocked the wind out of me [In reply to] Can't Post

Like you, I kept reading and was able to breathe a sigh of relief.

Good ol' PJ. Laugh

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

tsmith675
Gondor

Jul 4 2014, 6:11am

Post #14 of 47 (1495 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

So you believe Jackson was making a funny on "West of Memphis" to tease the Hobbit trailer audience?

Did I say that? In the slightest?

tsmith675
Gondor

Jul 4 2014, 6:21am

Post #15 of 47 (1497 views)
Shortcut
The answer is no by the way. [In reply to] Can't Post

Did I say that? In the slightest?

No.

He was trolling in that, he said the Hobbit trailer will be released in October...

But the teaser trailer is coming soon.

He made it sound like there would be no trailer until October but oh wait no we're getting one soon. Trolling. Messing with us a little.

Not sure where you got anything about the book in what I was saying.

adt100
Rohan

Jul 4 2014, 8:13am

Post #16 of 47 (1443 views)
Shortcut
So now can people please relax..... ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

Basically, this is pretty much what the, dare I say, more rational posters on the message board have been saying. There's no surprise that given this will be so vfx driven (I would guess more than any of previous films given the central tenet being the BOFA). If people look back to the LOTR days this was more the schedule of events anyway. Teaser in summer and main trailer in autumn.

No drama, perfectly reasonable and expected in such a film.

adt100
Rohan

Jul 4 2014, 8:15am

Post #17 of 47 (1466 views)
Shortcut
This has always been the case.. [In reply to] Can't Post

For the LOTR films and films in general. The studio own the film, they are ultimately responsible for the marketing, including of course the trailer. PJ and co do the 'creative' work, but then the studio handle the rest. That's why I've never understood all the shouts of "pj, pj, please give us a trailer!" The actual release date is out of his hands.

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Jul 4 2014, 8:18am

Post #18 of 47 (1412 views)
Shortcut
Damn [In reply to] Can't Post

I misread it at first and thought they were postponing a trailer until October. That would be an interesting turn of events, and I think they really should focus on visuals so nothing is rushed. The less they show beforehand the more people will be blown away in the cinema. Imagine if you saw the Woodlanf Realm for the first time when watching DOS.

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Jul 4 2014, 8:29am

Post #19 of 47 (1398 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

It would presumably be uploaded to their YouTube channel.

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Jul 4 2014, 8:36am

Post #20 of 47 (1518 views)
Shortcut
. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

No drama, perfectly reasonable and expected in such a film.

OK I've not seen the film, but I am pretty sure you are wrong here.

Remus
Lorien

Jul 4 2014, 8:47am

Post #21 of 47 (1443 views)
Shortcut
I am so sad... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was expecting a teaser trailer like the one from DOS which was around 2 minutes? Gandalf walking in Dol Guldur etc etc.

BUT the real trailer not coming until October comes?? WOW! I was expecting August.... I guess i have to go to cryo sleep...

I wanna see a scene where we see Sauron walking the steps INSIDE of Bara-Dur and taking his seat upon his dark throne and summoning the eye, looking into the camera and then BAM! THE END.

-My thoughts on the best ending scene/post credit scene on TABA.

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 4 2014, 8:47am

Post #22 of 47 (1403 views)
Shortcut
I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

... he/she meant "no drama behind the scenes" regarding the trailer - as some like or fear to see this whole trailer business as a confirmation that something is "wrong".

I am pretty sure he did not mean drama in the movie.

I guess, a little calming down is still needed, already two major misunderstandings and this thread is still on page 1 Tongue

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jul 4 2014, 8:48am)

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 4 2014, 8:54am

Post #23 of 47 (1417 views)
Shortcut
Don't be sad. [In reply to] Can't Post

Read carefully what PJ says... he obviously also regarded the last year June trailer as a teaser. There could still be quite a lot in such a teaser.

Plus, why August? I mean it is perfectly fine for you to expect that... but it has always been much later than that - for both LotR and TH. And there is this 150 days guideline now... the studios seem to take it seriously... Exodus Trailer has been rated for days now but is not released, yet.

And I said it ebfore and I will say it again: after all the backlash that the jumping Elves, Legolas and Smaug produced with last year's teaser, I am glad they are careful with the unfinished VFX scenes.

I expect a "political" teaser now - focusing on the negotiations of Thranduil, Bard and Thorin, as well as the tention between Thorin and Bilbo (and maybe some of the other dwarves).

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jul 4 2014, 9:01am)

Silmaril
Rohan

Jul 4 2014, 9:03am

Post #24 of 47 (1407 views)
Shortcut
Great that we have something official now! Thanks PJ! [In reply to] Can't Post

So the Teaser (or Trailer 1) is only some weeks later this year...So there's no need to be upset! Heart

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Jul 4 2014, 9:51am

Post #25 of 47 (1340 views)
Shortcut
. [In reply to] Can't Post

The first trailer for AUJ and DOS were both around 2 minutes long and were both called 'teaser trailers' (check their official titles on YouTube). No need to worry.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.