According to TORn's twitter account something's happening on July 20th:

https://twitter.com/...s/484063966306385920

leonmuse
Rivendell

Jul 2 2014, 6:39am

Post #2 of 49 (2372 views)
Shortcut
OMG, can't believe it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Far away but still, a concrete date! Yay!

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 6:40am

Post #3 of 49 (2285 views)
Shortcut
Hope so! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm really starting to love these movies, and I cannot wait for this trailer!

Arandir
Gondor

Jul 2 2014, 6:57am

Post #4 of 49 (2178 views)
Shortcut
A Sunday? Seems odd ... [In reply to] Can't Post

But hey! who cares, right? Woohoo, can't wait! Laugh

Thanks for the link Fleuz Wink

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
Why we Love 'Sherlock'
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

Farficom
Rivendell

Jul 2 2014, 7:17am

Post #5 of 49 (2136 views)
Shortcut
Indeed. [In reply to] Can't Post

Once there is a sure date for said trailer there will be a collective wetting of fans boy/girl pants.

BilboBagshot187
Rivendell

Jul 2 2014, 7:31am

Post #6 of 49 (2163 views)
Shortcut
20th July!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was expecting it to be up any day now, two and a half weeks is gonna kill me! Unsure Ah well at least we have a definite date now. I think everybody is really expecting something special with this one with such a wait. It's probably become one of the most anticipated trailers of all time! (for tolkien fans anyway) I really hope we get something that matches ROTK's epic trailer.

'Everywhere I lie theres a dirty great root sticking into my back!'

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Jul 2 2014, 7:42am

Post #7 of 49 (2148 views)
Shortcut
Comic Con is JULY 24-27, 2014. [In reply to] Can't Post

So, not only is it strange to debut a trailer on a Sunday (i.e., not with a movie premiere, which is usually Friday), it's odd to miss the buzz of debuting it during Comic Con as an alternative when the date is so close.

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 7:44am

Post #8 of 49 (2167 views)
Shortcut
With all the wrong ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... or changed information going around, I really would have thought TORN would either release a source or just stay silent about the date. Would have been wiser, imho.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Silmaril
Rohan

Jul 2 2014, 7:51am

Post #9 of 49 (2132 views)
Shortcut
Right, where does that information come from? [In reply to] Can't Post

Please let us know!

(This post was edited by Silmaril on Jul 2 2014, 7:52am)

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 2 2014, 8:11am

Post #10 of 49 (2068 views)
Shortcut
Aw man! // [In reply to] Can't Post

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

adt100
Rohan

Jul 2 2014, 8:26am

Post #11 of 49 (2052 views)
Shortcut
Finally, we can rest a little easier! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, so it may not be 'officially' confirmed but I think we can pretty much be confident of it now. Over the past few weeks it seems the 20/21st has been muted as the most likely date so it's not a great surprise. As far as I recall, I don't think a Sunday online release is a first for the LOTR films either (though I may be wrong).

Much my heart really want as much info as possible as early possible, my head is glad for the comparative lack of information in the form of pictures and trailers thus far. The glut of trailers, clps, pictures and general information regarding ROTK in it's release year somewhat spoiled the movie for me as they went all out (understandably) on the marketing campaign releasing a vast amount of footage and such in the months leading up to the films. The marketing thus far for BOFA seems much more akin to FOTR, not going into absolute overload which can only be good I believe.

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 2 2014, 9:46am

Post #12 of 49 (2031 views)
Shortcut
A "lead-in"? [In reply to] Can't Post

Assuming that this is the actual release date, they may want to generate some buzz prior to Comic Con and have that noise carry-over.

An initial straight-to-internet release of an awesomely epic teaser trailer beforehand would likely reignite the general public's interest in this franchise. Then, going into the convention, a lot more eyes will be on The Hobbit panel whose intent would be to intensify the inceptive buzz by presenting to us even more tantalizing material.

Also, I presume that there are a lot of people who spend a good portion of their "lazy Sunday" surfing the web.

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

adt100
Rohan

Jul 2 2014, 9:50am

Post #13 of 49 (1987 views)
Shortcut
Indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

I would say Sunday is the most popular day of internet activity generally.

Dipling
Lorien

Jul 2 2014, 11:14am

Post #14 of 49 (2008 views)
Shortcut
Link [In reply to] Can't Post

Twitter link doesn't work anymore - is deleted!

Warner?

(This post was edited by Dipling on Jul 2 2014, 11:14am)

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Jul 2 2014, 11:23am

Post #15 of 49 (1976 views)
Shortcut
Not again! [In reply to] Can't Post

I always thought theonering.net to be utterly reliable and after false alarms like ''any day now'' I am loosing faith. Probably no trailer on July the 20th...Frown

Fleuz
Lorien

Jul 2 2014, 11:52am

Post #16 of 49 (1952 views)
Shortcut
The erasing [In reply to] Can't Post

is a good indication, that the info is indeed right and Warner has unintendedly confirmed it with that action... Laugh

TheHutt
Gondor

Jul 2 2014, 12:11pm

Post #17 of 49 (1913 views)
Shortcut
Or... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that they are still not sure about the date.

After all, I have had a date from the Russian distributor for the last DOS trailer, but it actually came one day earlier than that.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet Project

Noria
Gondor

Jul 2 2014, 12:13pm

Post #18 of 49 (1851 views)
Shortcut
Whatever, or whenever - it'll come when it comes. [In reply to] Can't Post

I am enjoying the anticipation because this time will never come again in my lifetime.

We'll see on the 20th.

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 12:40pm

Post #19 of 49 (1855 views)
Shortcut
In anyway... [In reply to] Can't Post

... it imho shows that Tweets like this should not be posted unless there is some trustworthy source that can also be mentioned. At least not by the official TORN account.

It has nothing to do with the question of whether this is true or not... but it has everything to do with professionality.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jul 2 2014, 12:41pm)

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Jul 2 2014, 12:58pm

Post #20 of 49 (1866 views)
Shortcut
Does he/she have a date for a BOFTA trailer? [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't wait!

(This post was edited by Peterthorn of Rohan on Jul 2 2014, 12:59pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 1:02pm

Post #21 of 49 (1839 views)
Shortcut
I guess... [In reply to] Can't Post

... both the deletion as well as the lack of information is a clear sign that they do not want people to know yet for whatever reason.

I am not sure why a board that usually is strict about respecting the process of making these movies and the people involved loses this approach when it comes to this trailer.

adt100
Rohan

Jul 2 2014, 1:19pm

Post #22 of 49 (1806 views)
Shortcut
Not really [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't really think a tweet of '20th of July' on the TORN twitter account is really an example of a lack of professionalism. One would assume they have genuine cause to believe this is the date and posting those words does nothing to actually confirm it as the trailer, nor give any content away. It is in no way an issue of non-disclosure and just what this site is about (in regard the movies) - giving news and information as they get it concerning the movies.

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 1:25pm

Post #23 of 49 (1798 views)
Shortcut
I also do not doubt... [In reply to] Can't Post

... that the team here works as professionally as possible.

But just in connection to the trailer I would have wished they had not posted a Tweet that clearly indicated a certain date without adding a source - the last weeks have shown that the news posted by TORN were often used unresponsibly by other websites - even though they were based on sources and/or sound speculation and marked as such.

It is not just about what TORN is informing about... now a German site reports that The International Businesss Time is reporting that the release date is 20 July... when you actually read through the source you find out that their only basis is TORN. It simply travels quickly.

Anyway, it is not that big of a deal. Things happen.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jul 2 2014, 1:36pm)

LordotRings93
Rohan

Jul 2 2014, 1:28pm

Post #24 of 49 (1794 views)
Shortcut
What did it say? [In reply to] Can't Post

Now that the link's gone, I'm curious as to what TORn said to basically "confirm" July 20th. It's a Sunday, so doesn't really seem like a day to release a trailer.

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies 12/17/14
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 1:29pm

Post #25 of 49 (1795 views)
Shortcut
Nothing. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just the date. Nothing added. Technically not even the word trailer - but what was meant is clear enough.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jul 2 2014, 1:29pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.