Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part VII
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 1 2014, 7:52pm

Post #1 of 210 (12494 views)
Shortcut
     Thranduil Appreciation Thread Part VII  

Appreciation thread VI has reached the post limit. Wow, that was fast!Cool I haven't even finished reading all the old posts!

Any and all appreciation of Thranduil and everything related to him happens here, so feel free to jump in at any time! All Thranduil Thralls are welcome.Smile

Credit goes to Eowyn of Penns Woods for the "official" Thranduil Thrall moniker.

The Thranduil Appreciation thread count:

I (Originating thread by Rowan Greene)
II (Threads II through VII by Lurker in the Mirk)
III
IV
V
VI

Keeping track of the appreciation
Caught off-guard at how much you've missed? 1 simple click will ensure you won't miss another update again. Put this thread on watch! Locate the "Watch thread" button to the top and right of this post (button 3 of the 5 threads buttons you see) and click it.

"Love woke me up this morning
With a memory
Love came and whispered a story
That awakened a dream,

I am a dreamer, take me higher
Open the sky up, start a fire
I believe even if it's just a dream"
~"Dreamer" by Bethany Dillon

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 1 2014, 9:40pm

Post #2 of 210 (11259 views)
Shortcut
     A Thranduil's Appreciators Appreciation Post [In reply to]  

You put the rest of us to shame. I applaud your undying passion. Tongue

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 1 2014, 9:54pm

Post #3 of 210 (11265 views)
Shortcut
     the grieving kings - a thought (and way to go Eruvandi!!!!) [In reply to]  

Another nod to VeArkenstone - in that the suffering of Thranduil was brought home to re post on the backstory of Thranduil. And I think about that, the suffering of Thorin which is only briefly touched on, but when you think about what it must be like to lead an exiled people, with just the clothes on their back - in the U.S. we have gotten to see something of that re the storms Katrina and Sandy. Walking in battlefields so gory your boots sink into it, and tormenting himself over his father.

And I imagine what it would have been like for Thranduil, what it must still be like for him, remembering, his father gone, soil and water creeping over the fallen, leading so few back to the forest. So I think at times these kings are not as far from each other as they might believe.

I'll be back to pester Lurker I am sureWink, but some moody imagery re memories (unless IMO we get really lucky and get a Thranduil prologue):

From Deviant Art.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 1 2014, 11:37pm

Post #4 of 210 (11232 views)
Shortcut
     *bows humbly* [In reply to]  

Why thank you Black Fox! I'm sure I speak for all the Thralls when I say that I appreciate your appreciation of our obsession with appreciation of Thranduil.WinkTongue

With a memory
That awakened a dream,

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 11:44pm

Post #5 of 210 (11205 views)
Shortcut
     Yay new thread, and new threadstarter Eruvandi! [In reply to]  

I had a bet with myself it might be you if threadlock happened in the US day Cool Boy, Thread VI was like the fastest to threadlock, no thanks to *ahem*equal opportunistic Thralls of multi-persuasionTongue

Nonetheless, Thranduil is pleased with the diversity overall, there's plenty of suitable guest accommodation in the Halls Smile

PS Correction: I didn't start Thread II, that was Rowan Greene as well.

Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jul 2 2014, 12:01am

Post #6 of 210 (11223 views)
Shortcut
     That's something I had meant to respond to in the previous thread [In reply to]  

(I'm so happy I finally got to start an appreciation thread!Laugh) *ahem*

It hadn't occurred to me until you all mentioned it somewhere in the old thread (I can't seem to find the post otherwise I would link to it) that Oropher would have been one of the bodies in the dead marshes. It seems to me that elves generally prefer to bury their dead properly if possible and wouldn't be happy about leaving them to rot in a marsh. I imagine it might even be considered dishonorable. So the fact that Thranduil had to leave his own father out there probably added that much more to his suffering.Unimpressed

*runs off to watch TORn Tuesday*

With a memory
That awakened a dream,

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 12:11am

Post #7 of 210 (11257 views)
Shortcut
     *ahem* Cos we are the thralldom [In reply to]  

We've paid our dues (still paying it)
Time after time
We've done the searching
And despaired sometimes
No bad angles (none at all, even in the uctuous GIF fields)
But there's some abuse
I've had my share of smut (ewww the nightmares)
Shoved in my face
But I've come through

And we mean to go on and on and on and on

We are the thralldom - my friends
And we'll keep on thralling
Till the end
We are the thralldom
We are the thralldom
No time for losers
'Cause we are the thralldom of the HeartKingHeart

We've whined no grouses (though images are few and scattered wide)
But our duty calls
Every Pretty! images stun
And everyone goes THUDDERIN

We've seen it all
Still every iteration pleases
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before
The whole tumblr space
And I ain't gonna lose (any images of the King... Woodland Weekend, yeah!)

And we mean to go on and on and on and on

Till the end
We are the thralldom
We are the thralldom
No time for losers

Till the end
We are the thralldom
We are the thralldom
No time for losers

Fan of both books and movies. Oh, and it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBofTA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 12:13am

Post #8 of 210 (11173 views)
Shortcut
     *wary* [In reply to]  

I'll be back to pester Lurker I am sureWink

oh-oh Tongue

but some moody imagery re memories (unless IMO we get really lucky and get a Thranduil prologue):

Dreams of daddy? ... gotta hold that thought, will be back with more.

=======

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 2 2014, 12:36am

Post #9 of 210 (11222 views)
Shortcut
     Oh, here we go [In reply to]  

Boy, Thread VI was like the fastest to threadlock, no thanks to *ahem*equal opportunistic Thralls of multi-persuasion

Typical elven hauteur.

Typical elvish lack of gratitude for the rich, sensitive, thoughtful contributions of other Middle Earth races. Typical grudging hospitality, barely embracing the noble, age-old idea of guest friendship. At least Elrond unbent enough to serve up some trays of sushi rolls.

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 2 2014, 12:45am

Post #10 of 210 (11225 views)
Shortcut
     where Oropher might be..... [In reply to]  

Pulled this from the Tolkien Gateway - perhaps someone more knowledgeable or better read knows the fate of Oropher - I think even if Thranduil had been able to find him, still, the aftermath would have been beyond terrible to look upon. Re below, I am not sure where Oropher would have actually fallen, but in the chaos of a battle he might have ended in the marshes - or before the gates of Mordor?

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Oropher

Despite the Silvan Elves' hostility towards the Dwarves and the Noldor - and their desire to stay away from the affairs of the rest of the world - Oropher could see the danger that Sauron posed, and that his defeat would bring about peace in Middle-earth, so he joined the Last Alliance of Elves and Men. Oropher summoned a great army which joined with Amdír's smaller force of Lórien Elves to create one large host of Silvan Elves; the Silvan Elves were strong and brave, but had poor armour and weapons in comparison with the Noldor.[1] Amdír and Oropher were unwilling to submit to the supreme command of Gil-galad, as such they suffered heavier losses in the War of the Last Alliance. Amdír, and half his forces, died in the Battle of Dagorlad as they were cut off in the Dead Marshes from the main force, whilst two-thirds of Oropher's army also perished. Oropher himself was killed in the very first assault upon Mordor as he and other brave and hasty Elves rushed forward before Gil-galad gave the signal to charge. At the end of the war the remnants of the army returned to Greenwood under the command of Oropher's son, Thranduil.

(This post was edited by Avandel on Jul 2 2014, 12:46am)

Avandel
Half-elven

Jul 2 2014, 1:08am

Post #11 of 210 (11182 views)
Shortcut
     *Applause!!!!!!* [In reply to]  

*cough* - but WHICH king are we talking about - oh, well, doesn't matter - WE ARE THE THRALLDOM! WE ARE THE THRALLDOM!

Clicky pic *snigger*

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 2 2014, 1:22am

Post #12 of 210 (11167 views)
Shortcut
     Lurker is clever, Lurker is, my precious! // [In reply to]  

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Kerewyn
Rohan

Jul 2 2014, 1:34am

Post #13 of 210 (11187 views)
Shortcut
     LOL- you are the champion! [In reply to]  

And now the tune will be in my head for the rest of the day. Tongue

'People don't know where I begin and latex ends, which has always been an ambition for me.' (Martin Freeman)

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Jul 2 2014, 4:21am

Post #14 of 210 (11160 views)
Shortcut
     Geeeesh [In reply to]  

there's more Thranduil appreciation threads than there are middle-earth movies now!

The flames of war are upon you..

Kim
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 4:30am

Post #15 of 210 (11154 views)
Shortcut
     Tee hee [In reply to]  

you always find the best visuals Wink

"Jagatud rõõm on topelt rõõm - a shared joy is a double joy". ~Estonian saying

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 2 2014, 8:56am

Post #16 of 210 (11116 views)
Shortcut
     Bravo! // [In reply to]  

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 12:36pm

Post #17 of 210 (11134 views)
Shortcut
     Your sense of deafening majesty is clearly chronic ear wax hygiene issue [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 12:52pm

Post #18 of 210 (11093 views)
Shortcut
     *bows* [In reply to]  

Typical Dwarven self-denial. Must everything must be clearly laid out before grudging concession, if that? *sniff* well, I could have phrased it "Of HeartThranduilHeart" instead of "Of the HeartKingHeart" but hey, due respect to the original! Tongue *makes note to not hastily post parody thingies done on the fly in future*

Anyway, you answered it yourself. The HeartKingHeart has no illegal manframe upgrades, the HeartKingHeart needs no illegal manframe upgrades.

* That clickie is LoL*

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Jul 2 2014, 12:56pm)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 12:53pm

Post #19 of 210 (11112 views)
Shortcut
     *shifty eyes* how did Sempai knows who we is? // [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 12:54pm

Post #20 of 210 (11079 views)
Shortcut
     Heheh Hope the earworm evokes pleasant imagery for your day // [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 12:56pm

Post #21 of 210 (11113 views)
Shortcut
     Thank you, BlackFox // [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 12:58pm

Post #22 of 210 (11116 views)
Shortcut
     Technically, there were since Thread VI // [In reply to]  

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 1:04pm

Post #23 of 210 (11116 views)
Shortcut
     For Kerewyn: Follow-up on the meme [In reply to]  

A strip featuring the Party-King and his hapless son Tongue

(Ref: this post in Thread VI)

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Jul 2 2014, 1:07pm

Post #24 of 210 (11146 views)
Shortcut
     [EI!Alert] Just for the *cough* equal opportunistic [In reply to]  

Images

=======

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 2 2014, 1:30pm

Post #25 of 210 (11100 views)
Shortcut
     We knows much, we does! [In reply to]  

Doesn't we...[gollum]...my precious?

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.