The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
The love of Tolkien's world spans generations

Cirashala
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 6:37pm

Post #1 of 4 (306 views)
Shortcut
The love of Tolkien's world spans generations Can't Post

My just turned five year old daughter drew the lonely mountain for me Laugh I feel so proud as a mommy to be able to share this world with her, and know that she's falling in love with Middle-earth too Smile I can only hope this turns into a lifelong love of Tolkien for her!

Morthoron
Gondor

Jul 1 2014, 8:31pm

Post #2 of 4 (225 views)
Shortcut
My daughter and I read The Hobbit together.... [In reply to] Can't Post

It was one of the first "real" books we shared (aside from Dr. Seuss, Winnie the Pooh, etc.) when she was young. Now that she's 14, we equally despise The Hobbit films.

So, yes, it is a generational thing.

Please visit my blog...The Dark Elf File...a slighty skewed journal of music and literary comment, fan-fiction and interminable essays.

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Jul 1 2014, 10:23pm

Post #3 of 4 (225 views)
Shortcut
I laughed so hard at this notion [In reply to] Can't Post

of a grown man and his 14 year old daughter sharing a tender moment with hate of Azog, Tauriel, etc..

It seems, Jacksons deviations were actually usefull for something

Wink

Vous commencez à m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

(This post was edited by Lusitano on Jul 1 2014, 10:23pm)

Morthoron
Gondor

Jul 1 2014, 11:37pm

Post #4 of 4 (240 views)
Shortcut
Not really.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
It seems, Jacksons deviations were actually usefull for something

My daughter and I discussed the changes, and she voiced a sense of betrayal regarding Jackson's film. There wasn't anything "useful" in her disappointment. If anything, she remains an avid reader, and that is due in part to a classic children's story by Tolkien.

Please visit my blog...The Dark Elf File...a slighty skewed journal of music and literary comment, fan-fiction and interminable essays.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.