Photo question

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 2:25pm

Post #1 of 6 (207 views)
Shortcut
Photo question Can't Post

Hi admins,

When I view my most recent post using a Windows computer, I'm able to see the photos. However, when I view it using an Android device (a Kindle), I can't. I just get little "?" icons.

The same thing happens with some other posts, but not all. It happens with Darkstone's. On the Kindle I just get the little "?" icons.

But with Arwen's daughter's and BlackFox's, there's no problem, I'm able to see the photos even on the Kindle.

I know there are different ways to post photos. When I post photos, I use the Image button, and I paste in the URL from the photo from Photobucket.

Could you please let me know what I should do differently so that my photos appear with all devices, like AD's and BF's?

Thanks!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 1 2014, 2:40pm

Post #2 of 6 (163 views)
Shortcut
Is it due to the size of the photo? [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen photos that are too large won't show. Check the photo size and make sure it fits our guidelines.

Other than that, I'm not sure why some photos will show and others don't.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 1 2014, 2:43pm

Post #3 of 6 (173 views)
Shortcut
Maybe it's the source of the photo [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Darkstone is linking from a photobucket site, but the others are uploaded to TORN. That might be why some are not showing for you.

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 5:26pm

Post #4 of 6 (158 views)
Shortcut
That must be it [In reply to] Can't Post

It must be because I'm uploading to Photobucket. Are there instructions posted on how to upload to TORn? I didn't know we could do that. I guess once I found the Photobucket method I never looked into any other methods Blush. Or is it just "Upload Attachment"? I just noticed that button. Wow, that would be so much simpler than what I'm doing Laugh.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 1 2014, 6:53pm

Post #5 of 6 (151 views)
Shortcut
Yes, upload attachment [In reply to] Can't Post

Then you have to click the box for Inline. After you've uploaded the attachment, you have to put it in your post. Go to the spot in your post where you want the picture. In Advanced Editor, click on the picture frame, then click on the box to the right that says Inline Image, and pick the picture you selected.

I don't think this works with all browsers, but it works for me in Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Sample picture!

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 1 2014, 7:42pm

Post #6 of 6 (150 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Awesome, thanks for the instructions, entmaiden. I'm using IE and this works great.
TY Smile!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.