BOFA trailer... only 4 phrases!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

TheHutt
Gondor

Jun 28 2014, 8:56pm

Post #1 of 38 (5398 views)
Shortcut
BOFA trailer... only 4 phrases! Can't Post

My source tells that the BOFA trailer contains only 4 spoken phrases.
Source is involved into translation of the film.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet Project

Arannir
Valinor

Jun 28 2014, 8:58pm

Post #2 of 38 (3863 views)
Shortcut
That would indicate... [In reply to] Can't Post

... the trailer coming to theaters before the end of July, wouldn't it?

Or is it normal for trailers to be translated so early?

4 phrases... I remember the very good trailer for both Deathly Hallows I & II which also had only a few lines... There won't be a lot of setting up the political aspect of the third movie then, I assume. I predict now that we will see a trailer with a lot of destruction shots from Laketown and then some glimpses at the gathering darkness and quotes directed at that culminating in an action packed finale.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jun 28 2014, 9:12pm)

TheHutt
Gondor

Jun 28 2014, 9:07pm

Post #3 of 38 (3728 views)
Shortcut
last trailers... [In reply to] Can't Post

...except for the very last DOS trailer were released worldwide already dubbed into foreign languages. Last DOS trailer was released subtitled because Smaug's voice needed approvement by PJ.

Joe20
Lorien

Jun 28 2014, 9:09pm

Post #4 of 38 (3630 views)
Shortcut
Sounds as though [In reply to] Can't Post

that might mean it will be a somber tone to the trailer then.

Arannir
Valinor

Jun 28 2014, 9:12pm

Post #5 of 38 (3584 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the info! [In reply to] Can't Post

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 28 2014, 9:16pm

Post #6 of 38 (3596 views)
Shortcut
All these trickles of information... [In reply to] Can't Post

... are beginning to drive me insane with anticipation. And I'm trying so hard to resist Unsure

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jun 28 2014, 9:47pm

Post #7 of 38 (3506 views)
Shortcut
The day draws near. // [In reply to] Can't Post

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

dubulous
Rohan

Jun 28 2014, 10:03pm

Post #8 of 38 (3488 views)
Shortcut
A day may come when the trailer is released, but it is not this day // [In reply to] Can't Post

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jun 28 2014, 10:23pm

Post #9 of 38 (3456 views)
Shortcut
We keep waiting because we have hope. A faint and fading hope that one day it will come. That a trailer will be released and this board will be as it once was, before it fell into boredom. // [In reply to] Can't Post

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Jun 28 2014, 10:46pm

Post #10 of 38 (3486 views)
Shortcut
Not much talk, lots of noise. [In reply to] Can't Post

One of those phrases probably contains the date. So, lots of action (and noise -- trailers have to be noisy!) and just a few cryptic remarks.

aifeme
Rivendell

Jun 28 2014, 10:58pm

Post #11 of 38 (3480 views)
Shortcut
That makes sense though. [In reply to] Can't Post

We got some roumors recently that at first there's gonna be one trailer shown to us, and another one is coming at Comic Con.
So...first one could be just a teaser, then the SDCC one will be a big, proper trailer!Cool

TORn lurker since 2002:]

(This post was edited by aifeme on Jun 28 2014, 10:59pm)

Faleel
Rohan

Jun 28 2014, 11:07pm

Post #12 of 38 (3412 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

If Shore writes music for this trailer (it being the last ME film), or trailer music people use his themes ala the ROTK trailer, then it would be a good thing IMHO to not have tons of dialogue/sfx overtop of it.

Name
Rohan

Jun 28 2014, 11:34pm

Post #13 of 38 (3406 views)
Shortcut
Hmm [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd like to know how long before their release the other Hobbit trailers were translated. Might give us a good approximation for this trailer's release.

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Jun 29 2014, 12:13am

Post #14 of 38 (3386 views)
Shortcut
Rumour? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
We got some roumors recently that at first there's gonna be one trailer shown to us, and another one is coming at Comic Con.
So...first one could be just a teaser, then the SDCC one will be a big, proper trailer!Cool

As in, from a production source or something?

TheOneRing.net Senior Staff
IRC Admin and Hall of Fire moderator

Vepariga
The Shire

Jun 29 2014, 12:32am

Post #15 of 38 (3398 views)
Shortcut
In time, all BOFA trailers come forth.. [In reply to] Can't Post

- Vep - Guardsman of the woodland realm of Mirkwood -

Avandel
Half-elven

Jun 29 2014, 2:34am

Post #16 of 38 (3306 views)
Shortcut
ouch [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, some of us are being productive/amusing ourselves/educating one another/sharing links/geeking out and otherwise happily passing the time.AngelicCool

Learned the hard way last year w. the very dry newsless summer and early fall, best to keep busy. And anyway, for me at least, *gloomily* I wish it was all a year away. Because no matter how I feel about this film, it's the last light.

Guess I'll have to try to look forward to Star WarsUnsure which I haven't thought a lot about, as far as having a franchise of sorts to enjoy. But I am SO going to miss PJ's Middle Earth.UnimpressedUnsure

Re the actual thread, I'm gonna just assume - possibly completely wrongly - that Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-męnu! or something like that, and some epic dwarf shot will be one of the lines, simply because RA's got the voice and re the whole title of the film.

Kind of like the 300 Rise of an Empire trailer, which is stuck in my head at the moment re being on cable now.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Jun 29 2014, 3:06am

Post #17 of 38 (3273 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

The flames of war are upon you..

Fleuz
Lorien

Jun 29 2014, 6:56am

Post #18 of 38 (3211 views)
Shortcut
Are those sentences.. [In reply to] Can't Post

just the spoken words or the entire content, such as the words written on screen?

For example "This Christmas..." – "... The Final step is at hand"

Old Pilgrim
Rivendell

Jun 29 2014, 7:11am

Post #19 of 38 (3185 views)
Shortcut
Really? [In reply to] Can't Post

If that's true, I don't know what to think.

I am not a big fan of action filled trailers with fighting and only fighting, because we could get very little from them. I would much prefer seeing a trailer which shows us story and characters development, some glimpses of background political situations and so on. But until I see it I cannot judge, so let's hope for the best.

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Jun 29 2014, 9:38am

Post #20 of 38 (3111 views)
Shortcut
I simply wonder [In reply to] Can't Post

if PJ has decided to give away something of the plot or not: a glimpse in a shot, a cry, a piece of a sentence with a hidden meaning.
Something that a fan can understand but that will be lost for a generic audience.
I am thinking of the first trailer of ROTK:
- with the pictures of sentences such as there can be no triumph without loss and others similar in mood
- with Eomer crying over a blond head (Eowyn's of course)
- or Sam with his face covered with soot and blood crying "Nooo" in Sammath Naur (all of us realized why Sam was saying that, maybe the non-readers didn't)

Arannir
Valinor

Jun 29 2014, 10:03am

Post #21 of 38 (3090 views)
Shortcut
Not that unusal... [In reply to] Can't Post

... The TTT teaser with Galadriel summarizing the plot also managed to tell quite a lot with not too many sentences spoken. Sentences can be rather long, obviously ;) Especially if it may be Gandalf commenting on what is going on, it could explain a lot about both the story and the characters.

And as I have said before, the trailer for the last two Harry Potter movies also did quite a good job with minimal use of spoken language.

That is in no way a proof that this goes all action and no character. However, all PJ Middle-earth trailers and teasers had that Lind of focus anyway. Nothing new.

TheHutt
Gondor

Jun 29 2014, 10:55am

Post #22 of 38 (3097 views)
Shortcut
Spoken character lines. [In reply to] Can't Post

There are 4 spoken character lines.

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Jun 29 2014, 11:18am

Post #23 of 38 (3080 views)
Shortcut
Can you tell us the exact character lines? [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't wait for the trailer!

TheHutt
Gondor

Jun 29 2014, 11:33am

Post #24 of 38 (3099 views)
Shortcut
I could... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but I won't.

NDA.

TheHutt
Gondor

Jun 29 2014, 11:47am

Post #25 of 38 (3064 views)
Shortcut
Small comparison [In reply to] Can't Post

First LOTR teaser: only 1 line by Galadriel
First TTT teaser: 3 lines: Galadriel, Gollum, Gandalf.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.