Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Galadriel using Nenya (a possible way to show a flashback of Sauron and his annatar form) SPoiler

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jun 27 2014, 5:40pm

Post #1 of 23 (1210 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel using Nenya (a possible way to show a flashback of Sauron and his annatar form) SPoiler Can't Post

This is a loca idea people but

Could Galadriel use the power of her ring to undisguise the Necromancer completely? Tthey dont know that it is Sauron when they arrive in rescue of Gandalf

The power of Nenya is somehow keep things without changes as they were the first time . Perhaps this would be a chance to defeat Sauron but not completely

Perhaps Sauron intended that the withe council would believe he is defeated but maybe he didnīt calculate the power of his enemies and maybe he returned Mordor in secret but actually losing more power than he pretended and that would be a crucial thing in the time of the war of the ring. Always speaking in terms of the movieverse of course

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

Name
Rohan

Jun 27 2014, 5:51pm

Post #2 of 23 (625 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

If they go that path then I'd like to see all three elven rings used. Their bearers will be present after all. So you might as well establish the Three while you're at it

How many Tolkien fans does it take to change a light bulb?

"Change? Oh my god, what do you mean change?! Never, never, never......"

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jun 27 2014, 5:54pm

Post #3 of 23 (587 views)
Shortcut
Yeah me too [In reply to] Can't Post

And it would be a cool nod in the prologue in FOTR, showing those rings.

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

Elarie
Grey Havens

Jun 27 2014, 10:13pm

Post #4 of 23 (528 views)
Shortcut
It would be nice to see something that shows the power of the elven rings [In reply to] Can't Post

We know they exist and we know they have powers of some sort, but so far we've never seen exactly what they do. I don't want to see lasers come shooting out of them or anything silly like that, but it would be nice to see onscreen that they are something besides pretty heirlooms. Something as simple as a glow or a pulse from Galadriel's ring as she chants her elven spells would show the audience visually that her ring was more than just jewelry.

And once again the world has not arranged itself just for me.

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Jun 27 2014, 10:42pm

Post #5 of 23 (516 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel's ring preserves & protects Lorien. [In reply to] Can't Post

It is not a "weapons grade" Ring.

Salmacis81
Tol Eressea

Jun 27 2014, 11:26pm

Post #6 of 23 (496 views)
Shortcut
Not only that... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but aren't the Three supposed to be kept hidden?

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 27 2014, 11:34pm

Post #7 of 23 (488 views)
Shortcut
Yepp! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sauron never knew for sure who had the three Elven rings. He only guessed that Elrond and Galadriel were in possession of one or more of them, since they were the greatest of the Elves left in Middle-earth in the Fourth Age.

Also, the power of the Elven rings was "preservation". They couldn't be used as weapons. For that matter, none of the rings could be used as weapons, as far as I know.

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

(This post was edited by Earl on Jun 27 2014, 11:35pm)

xxxyyy
Rohan

Jun 28 2014, 2:11am

Post #8 of 23 (455 views)
Shortcut
ANYTHING regarding the Three would be awesome // [In reply to] Can't Post

Name
Rohan

Jun 28 2014, 2:45am

Post #9 of 23 (451 views)
Shortcut
It doesn't [In reply to] Can't Post

Need to be Star Wars lasers and flashing lights erupting from their fingers. I'd be happy just with Jackson establishing their presence, and existence for that matter. It gives a source behind their power.

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Jun 28 2014, 2:59am

Post #10 of 23 (458 views)
Shortcut
What power? [In reply to] Can't Post

The Noldor have many powers not associated with Rings. And, as noted above, the Elven Rings have no powers that would be useful in a confrontation with Sauron.

Name
Rohan

Jun 28 2014, 3:03am

Post #11 of 23 (445 views)
Shortcut
"Power" [In reply to] Can't Post

Doesn't necessarily mean explosions and lights that cut down enemies. Their inner power and strength can be expressed in their portrayal and appearance on screen, and by their interaction with their allies.

Jackson could establish the Three before the battle, and then never mention them again for all I care. But I want them to be known to the audiance.

(This post was edited by Name on Jun 28 2014, 3:06am)

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Jun 28 2014, 3:26am

Post #12 of 23 (448 views)
Shortcut
Yes, they have lots of that kind of Power. [In reply to] Can't Post

But it didn't come from the Rings.

Name
Rohan

Jun 28 2014, 3:54am

Post #13 of 23 (425 views)
Shortcut
Really? [In reply to] Can't Post

"Take now this Ring," he said; "for thy labours and thy cares will be heavy, but in all it will support thee and defend thee from weariness. For this is the Ring of Fire, and herewith, maybe, thou shalt rekindle hearts to the valour of old in a world that grows chill"

Seems pretty powerful to me. I'd like to see that implemented somehow. Doesn't even have to be during the actual fight for DG. I could be Gandalf motivating troops for all I care.

Then there's the other two. They help preserve beauty, specifically in Lorien and Rivendell. That might be able to be used after Galadriel throws down the walls of DG. Tolkien was very vague in his description of what these two rings could do. For all we know, the flood that Elrond summons in FotR is from the power of Vilya. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to have Galadriel and Elrond cleans some of the corruption and evil from the ruins of DG using their rings. Just an idea anyways.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jun 28 2014, 1:46pm

Post #14 of 23 (342 views)
Shortcut
Not even if they do this? [In reply to] Can't Post

Angelic

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 28 2014, 8:20pm

Post #15 of 23 (296 views)
Shortcut
Elven-Ring powers--activate! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sly

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

leonmuse
Rivendell

Jun 29 2014, 4:11am

Post #16 of 23 (262 views)
Shortcut
Too early. [In reply to] Can't Post

Too early to show Nenya. Let it continue being revealed in FOTR please!

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Jun 29 2014, 4:41am

Post #17 of 23 (262 views)
Shortcut
I agree. [In reply to] Can't Post

LotR has its own treasures to reveal in due course. Don't spoil them all now! I hope the Elven Rings never get mentioned in TH.

(This post was edited by Elizabeth on Jun 29 2014, 4:42am)

Noria
Gondor

Jun 29 2014, 11:58am

Post #18 of 23 (233 views)
Shortcut
I agree too. [In reply to] Can't Post

IMO there are already too many references and tie-ins to LotR in the Hobbit movies

To show Gandalf's ring in particular when it isn't even alluded to in LotR would not make sense in my view.

leonmuse
Rivendell

Jun 29 2014, 4:47pm

Post #19 of 23 (226 views)
Shortcut
Narya [In reply to] Can't Post

Narya, Gandalf's ring indeed is alluded to in the LOTR movies, but only at two occasions, i think. First at the prologue when it was from Cirdan, then at the end of ROTK at Gandy's hand!

Noria
Gondor

Jun 30 2014, 12:02pm

Post #20 of 23 (192 views)
Shortcut
Both of those are pretty fleeting and obscure, [In reply to] Can't Post

and IMO you have to be a book reader to get it. Or even care.

So I still think introducing the Elven rings at this stage is both unlikely and unnecessary.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.