Movie Tech. Disc. 6 - Building Middle-earth: Costumes
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Elven
Valinor

Feb 20 2008, 10:32am

Post #76 of 84 (371 views)
Shortcut
Time ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Some pieces are very spontaneous and just seem to form themselves ... others are a challenge ... like the onyx piece ... it had a mind of its own(er) to deal with Wink ... the little doll was a pleasure to see come to life and the prayers beads just kept going on and on ... theyre fairly long ...

Thankyou for your lovely compliments! I really enjoy my beadwork! Thanks for taking a look.

Cheers
Elven x

Amy Winehouse acquires Shire retreat for Summer ...

Amy Winehouse sells Shire retreat in Autumn ...

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
The Hobbit!!
Its a Happening Thing!!

Russell Crowe for Beorn

Sauruman: "Do know how the fan girls/boys first came into being? ... they were Tolkien scholars once ... Taken by the Dark Director, tempted to hold moots & dress up like Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves and Wizards ... A ruined & terrible form of life, not to mentions bad grades ... and now perfected at TORN ...
Whom do you serve!"

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 21 2008, 5:27am

Post #77 of 84 (346 views)
Shortcut
Very neat Elven [In reply to] Can't Post

It takes a lot of patience to work in such small scale. I remember once having to do something like this in craft class, and my fingers were poked, sore, and numb from the wires and the beads.

Seeing your detailed work make me suggest you try doing a butterfly design, with white, blue and green (in pastel shades) beads/stones. I'm sure it'll come out great. I believe art and craft is half technique and half passion, and you have both in very good measure Smile Hope to see more of your work sometime.

Elven
Valinor

Feb 21 2008, 12:36pm

Post #78 of 84 (347 views)
Shortcut
Have you been peeking? [In reply to] Can't Post

This is something I am currently designing and hope to have finished soon.

I have placed a crystal point here as the body, but it too, will be beaded before its finished and placed onto the wings ...

It will be a necklace ... eventually Crazy ...

Thankyou Earl! .. and yes, sometimes I have split thumbs and broken nails, and sore hands from twisting and workingwith wires ... and tired eyes Pirate Laugh ... but it all becomes worth it when I see the finished product.

Cheers Elven x

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
The Hobbit!!
Its a Happening Thing!!

Russell Crowe for Beorn

Sauruman: "Do know how the fan girls/boys first came into being? ... they were Tolkien scholars once ... Taken by the Dark Director, tempted to hold moots & dress up like Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves and Wizards ... A ruined & terrible form of life, not to mentions bad grades ... and now perfected at TORN ...
Whom do you serve!"

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Feb 21 2008, 1:35pm

Post #79 of 84 (343 views)
Shortcut
Seems he did :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Earl has guessed very well *grin*

Elven, that is beautiful!! I love the colours, and the shape seems rather elvish to me (oh well, it fits with your nick here Wink) That's something I'd love to have, too. I hope you'll post a second picture when you're finished.

I can imagine how your poor fingers and eyes have to feel after working on this! *sends a certain King to Elven to make use of his healing hands*

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 21 2008, 2:13pm

Post #80 of 84 (343 views)
Shortcut
Just a quickie in the palantir ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

But it's beautiful Elven, really very beautiful. Please do post a picture when you complete it. It looks gorgeous, and seems like you've spent a lot of time on it already. Peredhil Lover's sent you a sweet thought though Wink

Elven
Valinor

Feb 21 2008, 5:10pm

Post #81 of 84 (344 views)
Shortcut
LOL!! If you send that 'certain' King around ... [In reply to] Can't Post

I doubt I'll get much beading done at all!! Wink

Thanks for the lovely comments ... I'll be sure to post when its done Smile

Cheers Elven

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
The Hobbit!!
Its a Happening Thing!!

Russell Crowe for Beorn

Whom do you serve!"

Elven
Valinor

Feb 21 2008, 5:15pm

Post #82 of 84 (351 views)
Shortcut
You inspire me ... [In reply to] Can't Post

both of you! ... I will work on it again during the week Smile ... and when its finished I will start a circlet im keen on making ...

I'll post it when I finish Smile for sure!

Cheers Earl!
Elven x

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
The Hobbit!!
Its a Happening Thing!!

Russell Crowe for Beorn

Whom do you serve!"

Loresilme
Valinor

Feb 22 2008, 2:16pm

Post #83 of 84 (340 views)
Shortcut
Incredible! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a fascinating career, and what talent, patience and dedication. These people truly deserve to be considered 'world class'.

And thank you OH for these WONDERFUL discussions!! Always a pleasure!!

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Feb 23 2008, 12:25am

Post #84 of 84 (622 views)
Shortcut
My admiration ... [In reply to] Can't Post

for these people just grows continuously. I think some of them, like Ngila Dickson, should get more press. Perhaps they do, I don’t get around much.

Thanks Loresilme.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.