The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Dearest Admins

Starling
Half-elven

Jun 27 2014, 10:37am

Post #1 of 16 (477 views)
Shortcut
Dearest Admins Can't Post

I posted this a few hours ago about Big Nick. I had a look around the boards before I posted and there was nothing else about the story that I could see. I just noticed there is now a News From Bree post on the same topic.

I promise not to cry if my post is deleted. Laugh

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Jun 27 2014, 11:21am)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 27 2014, 11:22am

Post #2 of 16 (392 views)
Shortcut
Hmm? [In reply to] Can't Post

Funny...I don't see any NfB post....

Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jun 27 2014, 3:12pm

Post #3 of 16 (371 views)
Shortcut
I have been around a horse that size, but [In reply to] Can't Post

he was a thoroughbred, but looked bigger than this horse. I felt like a hobbit standing there. He had hip bones like an elephant. I could have taken a nap on his back--it was the size of my couch.

He could outrun their quarter horse.

If anyone wants to buy and stable Big Nick for me, I'll let you ride him once in awhile in exchange . . .Angelic Wink

Starling
Half-elven

Jun 27 2014, 9:04pm

Post #4 of 16 (355 views)
Shortcut
Some strange magic [In reply to] Can't Post

seems to be at work around here...Shocked

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 28 2014, 1:13am

Post #5 of 16 (347 views)
Shortcut
Looks like... [In reply to] Can't Post

News from Bree was banished, rather than you. After all, you were here first. Smile

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Starling
Half-elven

Jun 28 2014, 2:42am

Post #6 of 16 (346 views)
Shortcut
I'll get Big Nick, [In reply to] Can't Post

and you can have Big Jake. Cool

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jun 28 2014, 3:04am

Post #7 of 16 (334 views)
Shortcut
Ha! "There is no place like Nebraska!" (Where I'm from) [In reply to] Can't Post

That's the state university song, famous throughout the land because of college football (the pointy ended kind).

Now that's a horse! I do want him. I love the look on his face in the 4rth picture down. He can stay at my parents house in the garage.Angelic

Starling
Half-elven

Jun 28 2014, 3:50am

Post #8 of 16 (327 views)
Shortcut
I love that fourth picture too [In reply to] Can't Post

He makes the fence look like something from a toy farm set.
We will look a picture, riding around on our two giant horses!

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jun 28 2014, 4:43am

Post #9 of 16 (319 views)
Shortcut
Heh! [In reply to] Can't Post

What's our combined height? Might we just reach the top of one of them stacked up? (I'm 5-foot three, just over dwarf size, I guessSmile).

When looking at George, the big 18-hand Thoroughbred, it was obvious I wouldn't be able to sit up there and be able to bend my knees, much less reach stirrups no matter how shortened!Shocked

Starling
Half-elven

Jun 28 2014, 5:39am

Post #10 of 16 (318 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm 5 foot 1 on a good day.
There is a slight possibility we are looking at inappropriate sized horses for our height. Laugh

Cirashala
Valinor

Jun 28 2014, 5:48am

Post #11 of 16 (326 views)
Shortcut
I understand [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm five foot one, and can ride a horse quite well, however there's no way in heck I wouldn't feel like a tiny monkey riding atop that big guy! I don't think any stirrup in the world would put my legs at anything except sticking straight out! Heck, even Thorin and Dwalin are taller than I! Crazy

I swear I'm half dwarf- my mother is four foot eleven inches, short legged, stocky, strong, has thick hair (and if she didn't pluck it she'd do a better mustache than my dad could ever hope to do). And she's probably one of the most stubborn people I've ever met! Tongue

No worries- I'm honored to have "dwarf blood" in my veins Cool Even if it does mean that my thirtieth percentile daughters will pass me up by the time they're 8 years old (my 5 year old is only nineteen inches shorter than I am!). Apparently I'm in the fifth percentile for height...

I hope whomever wins that contest has longer legs than I! Smile

Starling
Half-elven

Jun 28 2014, 6:16am

Post #12 of 16 (318 views)
Shortcut
As my lovely Mum always told me, [In reply to] Can't Post

good things come in small packages. Smile

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jun 28 2014, 4:35pm

Post #13 of 16 (309 views)
Shortcut
But together we are [In reply to] Can't Post

ten feet four inches tall! And if we add in Cirshala, no horse would get the better of us (although we'd have to take extensive acrobatic lessons before it would do us any good . . .Wink)

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jun 28 2014, 5:13pm

Post #14 of 16 (325 views)
Shortcut
Ha! But the horse-riding ability [In reply to] Can't Post

points more toward hobbits, who seem willing enough to ride horses or at least ponies when possible. Dwarves don't take much to horses.Sly

My daugher just passed me up (by 1/4 inch). My son, of course did that when he was 14!

Cirashala
Valinor

Jun 28 2014, 6:41pm

Post #15 of 16 (303 views)
Shortcut
aw thanks :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not short- I'm fun size Cool

Cirashala
Valinor

Jun 28 2014, 7:25pm

Post #16 of 16 (327 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

my hair is certainly curly enough to be a hobbit lol!

It doesn't quite reach my shoulders anymore (bad dye experience fried the ends, so I had to cut off about ten inches of my formerly long hair Frown) but even at just past chin length, there are probably about eight or ten curls between head and ends (when I straighten it, which is rare because it takes so darn long, it generally adds about three to four inches in length, or did when it was long).

Who knows?

But I bet I would certainly look like a hobbit on that huge horse! Wink

(This post was edited by Cirashala on Jun 28 2014, 7:25pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.