Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Walk to Rivendell and Beyond - There and Back Again Challenge!

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jun 20 2014, 3:43am

Post #1 of 5 (172 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell and Beyond - There and Back Again Challenge! Can't Post

Greeting, fellow TORn walkers! This week's post is sans linky informative stuff, as I'm on a different computer than the one that has my posting doc. I threw my back out this morning and have decided I don't want to exercise the patience it would take to turn it on!

Last week's post got buried pretty quickly since I had to add it to the end of the previous week's thread, which was still on page one when I went to post it, so we'll be catching up on two weeks of activity - right? Wink How go your journeys?

My progress:
Miles covered this week: 24
Cumulative miles: 1293
Goal: There and Back Again!

Beamer's progress:
Miles covered this week: 16
Cumulative miles: 1110
Goal: Group Challenge

Arandiel

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - traveling through Middle Earth with thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 20 2014, 11:45pm

Post #2 of 5 (128 views)
Shortcut
Ow! I'm sorry Arandiel [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope your back eases up very soon! It's had to do anything when you're hurting like that :(

I've had a good 2 weeks, but not as massively good as others. The nice weather is definitely an inspiration. Plus I like that we've had a little rain here and there. It washes off the pebbles on the road and I can see all the purdy colours :D

I've got a busy weekend ahead, but I'll be taking some time out to go to some yard sales with my daughter. The whole nearby town is having sales, so we're gonna have some fun!

Thanks for keeping us on the Road, m'dear. *waves fondly to Fellow Walkers* Have a good one, everybody!

Miles covered: 20 miles 6/12 and 22 miles 6/19
Cumulated miles: 3461
Goal: #2 Unexpected Journey Individual Challenge and contributing to the Group :)

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Iolani
Rivendell

Jun 22 2014, 8:00pm

Post #3 of 5 (112 views)
Shortcut
A LOT to catch up on... [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, there's nothing really to say is there? Except that I am LATE!!! Gosh man. I do have a happy contribution to list though, I've been keeping track--just been very busy. Good news though, I have a great new job, and I'm biking there and back again. (Ha, had to use that). So a lot of mileage adding up--and muscle to boot. Good grief, it gives me a work out some days!! And sometimes I have to watch out for the dogs that take their home guarding seriously...that's been interesting.

miles since last update: 167.2
cumulative this year: 345.7
cumulative overall:1850.98
goal: There and Back Again group challenge!!

Again, sorry for the delay everyone! Keep going strong! Cool

"It's like in the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And you didn't want to know the end...for how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But then you realize in the end it's just a passing thing, this shadow. A new day will come! And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stuck with you, that meant something. Even if you were too small to understand. But I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. The folk in those stories a lot of chances of turnin' back only they didn't. They kept going, because they were holdin' on to something."
"What are we holding onto, Sam?"
"That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for!"

Joe-Mathews
Rivendell

Jun 23 2014, 2:04am

Post #4 of 5 (115 views)
Shortcut
A month?!? [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't believe a month has gone by since my last update. The weather has turned to summer this past week, so from here on out long miles will be tough.

Since last post: 64.38
Challenge Miles: 679.83 (362.93 past Rivendell)
Total Miles: 759.93
To Go: 287.17

I don't know if I'll make it before the Final Premiere, but I will make it to Erebor and complete my Quest. I'm still deep in Mirkwood. With under 300 to go not even Elves can stop me.
I'm this focused on my goal...

Good luck and wishes to all from St. Louis!

(A stereogram. Cross you eyes just a little - until the horse heads merge into one - and the middle scene will be in 3D.)

'There is some woe that lies upon you... Why will you not tell me more?'
'For that woe is past,' said Galadriel; 'and I would take what joy is here left, untroubled by memory. And maybe there is woe enough yet to come, thought still hope may seem bright.'

Iolani
Rivendell

Jun 23 2014, 10:27am

Post #5 of 5 (113 views)
Shortcut
Good job! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good job on the mileage! It's been getting hot in my neck of the woods, but thankfully there's a bit of wind to cool me as I bike. But I ALWAYS prefer summer over winter, in regards to weather--I can tolerate heat, but cold not nearly as well! Love the pics, as always. Very cool.Cool

"It's like in the great stories Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And you didn't want to know the end...for how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But then you realize in the end it's just a passing thing, this shadow. A new day will come! And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stuck with you, that meant something. Even if you were too small to understand. But I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. The folk in those stories a lot of chances of turnin' back only they didn't. They kept going, because they were holdin' on to something."
"What are we holding onto, Sam?"
"That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for!"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.