Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
"Children of Húrin" (signed), FotR board game, Tolkien audiocassette for sale.

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Feb 14 2008, 6:18am

Post #1 of 8 (3017 views)
Shortcut
"Children of Húrin" (signed), FotR board game, Tolkien audiocassette for sale. Can't Post

Not by me (I've never sold anything on e-bay):

The Children of Húrin, ltd. ed., signed

ICE Fellowship of the Ring game

"The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth", Tolkien audiocassette

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
We're discussing The Lord of the Rings in the Reading Room, Oct. 15, 2007 - Mar. 22, 2009!

Join us Feb. 11-17 for "The Ring Goes South".

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Feb 15 2008, 9:20pm

Post #2 of 8 (2520 views)
Shortcut
Doesn't sound like much . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

I would've thought that The Children of Hurin would have costed atleast a good 1000 dollars, so that's a surprise. If I had the spare money I'd go for it. Smile

"Death is just another pathway . . . one which we all must take."

-Gandalf from "The Return of the King"

drogo
Lorien

Feb 15 2008, 11:23pm

Post #3 of 8 (2611 views)
Shortcut
CoH [In reply to] Can't Post

CJRT and Alan Lee signed a pretty good number of bookplates for the CoH and those books were sold both in London and New York, so they are not extremely rare. But that is not an unreasonable price, i would think, for a Deluxe CoH with the bookplate, though. The seller is a well-known Tolkien scholar, so it comes from a good source and is authentic (there are LOT of forged bookplates floating around, so beware). I am curious to see how high prices go for something like that in the future.

(This post was edited by drogo on Feb 15 2008, 11:25pm)

visualweasel
Rohan

Feb 20 2008, 3:06pm

Post #4 of 8 (2521 views)
Shortcut
What about the tape?! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am frankly astonished, I'll admit, that nobody is talking about this Homecoming of Beorhtnoth tape, where the play is performed by Tolkien himself and the essay on The Battle of Maldon is read by Christopher Tolkien. This thing is one of the rarest Tolkien collectibles I've run across, and it is quite a surprise to me that it seems to be generating almost no interest among collectors. The Jackson-inspired movie paraphernalia types (no offense intended), sure, they aren't going to have any interest, but the serious book-inspired collectors ...? I'm just staggered that nobody is interested in or talking about this thing!

(And no, I don't get a commission on the sale, hahae. I am just quite surprised!)

Jason Fisher
Lingwë - Musings of a Fish

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Feb 20 2008, 10:52pm

Post #5 of 8 (2497 views)
Shortcut
I agree. [In reply to] Can't Post

A nifty rarity. Though I understand how people could be reluctant to pay $100.00 for an old cassette tape.

But, though it may be perfectly reasonable in the collecting market, the asking price for the book just blows me away. How much did that edition sell for, less than one year ago?

We're discussing The Lord of the Rings in the Reading Room, Oct. 15, 2007 - Mar. 22, 2009!

Join us Feb. 18-24 for "A Journey in the Dark".

visualweasel
Rohan

Feb 20 2008, 11:08pm

Post #6 of 8 (2566 views)
Shortcut
$75, if memory serves? [In reply to] Can't Post

Unsigned of course.

Jason Fisher
Lingwë - Musings of a Fish

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Feb 24 2008, 12:09am

Post #7 of 8 (2572 views)
Shortcut
Of course... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was happy (and surprised) not to be outbid. I just listened to side 1 (everything but "Ofermod") reading along with my copy of Beorhtnoth in The Tolkien Reader, and noticed what appear to be a couple mistakes in the text, that I might never have observed without hearing Tolkien's very impressive dialogue with himself, giving (usually) distinctive voices to Totta and Tída. And the sound effects are cheap but endearing.

Join us Feb. 18-24 for "A Journey in the Dark".

(This post was edited by N.E. Brigand on Feb 24 2008, 12:09am)

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Feb 26 2008, 9:12am

Post #8 of 8 (2765 views)
Shortcut
So you won? [In reply to] Can't Post

Congrats! That is really a nice find and I think it found a deserving home. Well done!

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.