The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
LotRO - Update 14 - Western Gondor

Arannir
Valinor

Jun 18 2014, 9:11am

Post #1 of 3 (598 views)
Shortcut
LotRO - Update 14 - Western Gondor Can't Post

I am not a big gamer... but since 2007 I regularly paid LotRO a visit - where else can one wander through the world of Middle-earth?

The game has - at least when it comes to game mechanics and overall quality - experienced quite a bad time lately imho.

I personally thought I was finished with it when I found their Helm's Deep expansion to be surprsingely uninspired and un-atmospheric.

However, the first videos concerning Update 14 make me think about yet another return to the game.

It will contain the region of "Western Gondor" including the "Paths of the Dead", "Morthond/Blackroot Valley", "Havens of Belfalas" (including Dol Amroth and Edhellond), and Lamedon (including Calembel).

Though this is actually "Central Gondor" and not "Western Gondor", they really got a lot out of their engine with quite some nice vistas - imho most beautiful landscape since "Shadow of Angmar" days. Dol Amroth is also quite a sight though they over-did it with their statues and other blizz.

The game-timeline has therefore reached 8th March and the time shortly after that, as the player enters the Paths of the Dead shortly after the Grey Company passed through them and before Theoden has reached Dunharrow.

Here a link from the LotRO board with screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/23NrQ/#0

Anyone here who might check it out?

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Jun 18 2014, 9:19am)

LordotRings93
Rohan

Jun 19 2014, 2:18pm

Post #2 of 3 (458 views)
Shortcut
I will be! [In reply to] Can't Post

I play LOTRO every day (currently leveling my elf hunter alt named "Taurriel"), and I love this game still. Began playing in beta back in early 2007, and to this day it has remained a game I always come back to. Even if it does stumble in places as of late, it's still not enough to get me to quit or cancel my VIP subscription. So yes, I'll definitely be checking out Update 14!

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

flameofudun
Lorien

Jul 8 2014, 2:45am

Post #3 of 3 (463 views)
Shortcut
me too [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm actually in bree land right now, i am preparing to make the long journey thru moria and on to minas tirith in time for some of the new content.

''We are very dangerous over short distances''

-Gimli

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.