Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Links to theaters vs. studios re trailers - articles re trailer guidelines

Avandel
Half-elven

Jun 13 2014, 8:28pm

Post #1 of 3 (193 views)
Shortcut
Links to theaters vs. studios re trailers - articles re trailer guidelines Can't Post

These articles seem to date back to January, but didn't know this was going on. For myself I LIKE trailers and HATE the commercials I am assaulted with. HATE. And find creative ways to NOT pay attention. (Yes, a trailer is a commercial, but product commercials IMO are generally a borefest).

http://online.wsj.com/...04579347313502586256

http://www.hitfix.com/...-for-upcoming-movies

The new guidelines will take effect for any film being released after October 1, 2014 (yeah, that means BOFAMad unless WB chooses it as one of its two exemptions I guess)
Thanks to theater owners for giving me another reason to watch films in the comfort of my own homeUnsure

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Jun 13 2014, 8:50pm

Post #2 of 3 (127 views)
Shortcut
Shorter trailers work for me. [In reply to] Can't Post

For the most part, I hate trailers, particularly the incredible sound levels. Shorter works fine for me. I hate them so much that, unless I think I may have trouble finding a seat, I usually make a point of arriving well after the announced start time in order to miss them. If there's a film coming that I'm interested in (e.g., BoFA), I can see its trailer on line.

Commercials are worse, of course.

(This post was edited by Elizabeth on Jun 13 2014, 8:51pm)

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Jun 16 2014, 5:53am

Post #3 of 3 (105 views)
Shortcut
Also wondering about this. [In reply to] Can't Post

Because I'm sure the Erebor gate teaser poster came a week or two before the June 11 trailer last year.

TheOneRing.net Senior Staff
IRC Admin and Hall of Fire moderator

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.