The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Tolkien Journal..Help/Ideas

Gunslinger24
The Shire

Jun 12 2014, 11:23pm

Post #1 of 5 (194 views)
Shortcut
Tolkien Journal..Help/Ideas Can't Post

I would love to have this but from the reviews it seems the pages don't have lines. I will still probably buy it but I'd rather have lined pages. But does anyone know if they have ones with lined pages or any suggestions where I should look Smile http://www.amazon.com/...=the+tolkien+journal

I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain.

(This post was edited by Gunslinger24 on Jun 12 2014, 11:24pm)

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 13 2014, 1:50am

Post #2 of 5 (132 views)
Shortcut
I don't have any suggestions about ones with lines [In reply to] Can't Post

but I have the same journal for "The Hobbit" as you linked to.

One thing I've done in the past is make a master sheet with very dark lines on it and put that master sheet under the sheet of the journal for guidance.

I tried it with my journal and if you have a really dark and moderately thick line, it kind of works.

If you love the journal enough, you might surprise yourself with your ability to write without lines. Personally, I hate how lines look in a journal even though I have to work hard at writing in straight lines.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 13 2014, 1:58am

Post #3 of 5 (136 views)
Shortcut
If I mistake not... [In reply to] Can't Post

... the Moleskine Hobbit journals come both lined and blank. Here's their range of journals.

I personally do not like lined pages in journals such as these. I prefer having the freedom to write how and where I want, besides being able to sketch stuff here and there.

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 13 2014, 10:43am

Post #4 of 5 (126 views)
Shortcut
Cedco appears to use lines [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a few of their Lord of the Rings journals, and they all have lines... though the books themselves are not full-size (i.e. 81/2 x 11). They range from almost 6 x 4 inches and 7 inches x 5 1/4 inches. The larger one is this one with the tree. GOOD LUCK!

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Gunslinger24
The Shire

Jun 15 2014, 4:53pm

Post #5 of 5 (116 views)
Shortcut
wow! thanks Earl [In reply to] Can't Post

those are beautiful. Definetly gonna have to get a couple of those.

I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.